IGNORED

Sid Out

Numero Uno

12 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I believe that Steve, Jon and the FD are all chartered accountants. Nigel and his two coached departed as well as Rennie. Given where Rennie had moved from, I doubt if he was cheap and Nige would have been paid according to his status as a senior manager brought in to do a difficult job.  Their replacements were a lower league manager and his coaching buddy.  Now, I think it seems to fit that 4 expensive types out and two cheaper types in, seems to suggest that economies were part of the agenda.  The three accountants did not seem to weigh the importance of experience of the sort they lost when Nigel departed.  Maybe you think that Manning and Hogg were more expensive  in which case, if you are right, then I would be shocked and surprised.

You seem to overlook that some if not all of those dismissed will be recieving ongoing compensation/severance payments.

I do know why NP was sacked and I can assure you that your "legend" and his underhand and cowardly briefing was central to that decision being taken.

Edited by Frenchay Red
  • Like 4
  • Flames 5

21 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I believe that Steve, Jon and the FD are all chartered accountants. Nigel and his two coached departed as well as Rennie. Given where Rennie had moved from, I doubt if he was cheap and Nige would have been paid according to his status as a senior manager brought in to do a difficult job.  Their replacements were a lower league manager and his coaching buddy.  Now, I think it seems to fit that 4 expensive types out and two cheaper types in, seems to suggest that economies were part of the agenda.  The three accountants did not seem to weigh the importance of experience of the sort they lost when Nigel departed.  Maybe you think that Manning and Hogg were more expensive  in which case, if you are right, then I would be shocked and surprised.

You’re seriously still pushing this bollocks? 

Edited by lenred
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I think he is involved at all levels and seems to be at most of the games. His brief now encompasses academy and the first team squad as well as the pathway between the two.

You seem to be skirting the issue and avoiding what's been clearly said. 

2 hours ago, Cowshed said:

I have seen Brian Tinnion’s remarks he was “excited” about a “big forward”, but “didn’t want to lose the running”. It’s a Giraffe! I could mold that into they want something to stretch play with a high DTI (running and recovery metric) to press like a bastard on the front foot, but it was not much to go on.  

Thanks again.  I’m intrigued to see what this big forward looks like.  Unless they are sewing the seeds for Seb Palmer-Houlden who’s running stats, presses, counter-presses are meant to be very good.

36 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Sorry for the laugh emoji, it tickled me.

Paying off a manager with 8 months of a contract to run, plus the removal of a senior medical man, two coaches together with additional wages of a new manager, a coach and a coach analyst, plus whatever compensation to Oxford for however small a release clause (anecdotal)….you see that as cost cutting and budgetary related.

Was Jon the chartered accountant who gave you that rationale?

If costs and budget were the issue, you just let Nige run his contract out.

One person on here who I have no reason to doubt based on a family member who works in the club said Nige’s payout was “very nice”.

Sorry, again.  I’m still tickled!

++++++

I hadn’t noticed a pg12 and others responses.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

You seem to overlook that some if not all of those dismissed will be recieving ongoing compensation/severance payments.

I do know why NP was sacked and I can assure you that your "legend" and his underhand and cowardly briefing was central to that decision being taken.

The question must be to ascertain if they asked Tins if they should sack Nigel and his team or how could they replace them with lower league (and cost) alternatives.  Did Tins spark the sacking or react to orders from above.  The compensation issue would have been dependent on the length of their unexpired contracts and the terms of that contract. The difference in wages for the two newcomers and the four outgoing people would have also been weighed in the decision - and I would suggest that Tins was unlikely to have been involved in that calculation.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks again.  I’m intrigued to see what this big forward looks like.  Unless they are sewing the seeds for Seb Palmer-Houlden who’s running stats, presses, counter-presses are meant to be very good.

Sorry for the laugh emoji, it tickled me.

Paying off a manager with 8 months of a contract to run, plus the removal of a senior medical man, two coaches together with additional wages of a new manager, a coach and a coach analyst, plus whatever compensation to Oxford for however small a release clause (anecdotal)….you see that as cost cutting and budgetary related.

Was Jon the chartered accountant who gave you that rationale?

If costs and budget were the issue, you just let Nige run his contract out.

One person on here who I have no reason to doubt based on a family member who works in the club said Nige’s payout was “very nice”.

Sorry, again.  I’m still tickled!

++++++

I hadn’t noticed a pg12 and others responses.

Nige had a few months left on his contract and could not work very effectively due to his back issues. I have no idea about the length of contracts outstanding for the other gentlemen. Lower league replacements on three years contracts could be a huge saving  as long as they do not have to be sacked to save the club from relegation.  

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

You seem to be skirting the issue and avoiding what's been clearly said. 

Not really. I think that I have laid out a fairly cogent explanation in all the various replies that I have made.  I would further suggest that my "theory" is every bit as cogent as all the other stuff on here from people who claim to be "in the know".  In any case, you may be pleased to hear that I am running out of steam on this issue.  I hope that I have tried to defend Tins because I think that he is a decent chap.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 4

7 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Not really. I think that I have laid out a fairly cogent explanation in all the various replies that I have made.  I would further suggest that my "theory" is every bit as cogent as all the other stuff on here from people who claim to be "in the know".  In any case, you may be pleased to hear that I am running out of steam on this issue.  I hope that I have tried to defend Tins because I think that he is a decent chap.

You really don't get it do you. Decent chap or not... we'll leave it here. No point. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Nige had a few months left on his contract and could not work very effectively due to his back issues. I have no idea about the length of contracts outstanding for the other gentlemen. Lower league replacements on three years contracts could be a huge saving  as long as they do not have to be sacked to save the club from relegation.  

Hogg and Krause became Championship coaches when they moved here.  They didn’t jump ship for the same salary as they were on at Oxford plus a bag a pickled onion monster munch, did they?

I suspect Euell and Fleming were paid their contract break clauses (assuming they were contracted, usually the case).  I can only assume Rennie was too, due to the scenario in which he joined, rather than being salaried / employed.  So I think contract length will be largely irrelevant.  My own contract has a much smaller end clause than the remaining term of my contract for example.

Edited by Davefevs

22 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I do "get it". I just don't agree with the suppositions that are involved in what appears to be a bit of a witch hunt.

Admirable defence of Tinnion, somewhat against the tide, which might tell you something…

Personally I’ve always liked him, but does that mean I appoint him CEO? Absolutely not.

The manner in which he has found himself in this position, absolutely stinks - jobs for the boys of the highest order. 

Does that matter? Well, no, not if he is a brilliant communicator, experienced leader, top negotiator, experienced in business or accountancy, or a former top level player or manager - he is none of these. Not one.

What he’s shown himself good at is working with young talent - that’s where he should be IMO, i’d very gladly have him fronting the academy, scouting players and fighting their cause.

But he can’t do that anymore because he’s buying players that block the pathway (Twine anybody) to save his own bacon.

When I watch him talk in his role, I cringe. It’s awful. The poor guy is out of his depth again (dejavu) and again this will end in failure - will the Lansdown’s ever learn?

I’m sorry “nice guy” isn’t the one fronting the club, negotiating our transfers and building the blue print for promotion. The reality is he is a strawman for the Lansdowns who’ve proved themselves incapable over 20 years of getting it right.

I might going early on this, but there we go - I said when we appointed Holden it will set us back years - Tinnion in this role will set us back more - he will be fired or demoted long before we ever see the premier league and any replacement will need sometime to put it right. And that’s on the Lansdowns more so than it is on Tinnion.

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

3 hours ago, Natchfever said:

The point is, as Galley says SL should step in and make things right .

He wont do that but we (or some) hope that he will.

Like some want Tinnion removed. Wont happen so  viewed as a nonsensical pov but nevertheless some live in hope.

To be honest Natch SL has had 20 years to make things right. As I previously said not quite sure what he would do if he did step in as JL/BT are already carrying out his instructions. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

To be honest Natch SL has had 20 years to make things right. As I previously said not quite sure what he would do if he did step in as JL/BT are already carrying out his instructions. 

We agree Cidre.

Just fantasising that he might become a sensible owner and **** off those chancers and bring in people fit for purpose.

Aint happening is it 😁

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Admirable defence of Tinnion, somewhat against the tide, which might tell you something…

Personally I’ve always liked him, but does that mean I appoint him CEO? Absolutely not.

The manner in which he has found himself in this position, absolutely stinks - jobs for the boys of the highest order. 

Does that matter? Well, no, not if he is a brilliant communicator, experienced leader, top negotiator, experienced in business or accountancy, or a former top level player or manager - he is none of these. Not one.

What he’s shown himself good at is working with young talent - that’s where he should be IMO, i’d very gladly have him fronting the academy, scouting players and fighting their cause.

But he can’t do that anymore because he’s buying players that block the pathway (Twine anybody) to save his own bacon.

When I watch him talk in his role, I cringe. It’s awful. The poor guy is out of his depth again (dejavu) and again this will end in failure - will the Lansdown’s ever learn?

I’m sorry “nice guy” isn’t the one fronting the club, negotiating our transfers and building the blue print for promotion. The reality is he is a strawman for the Lansdowns who’ve proved themselves incapable over 20 years of getting it right.

I might going early on this, but there we go - I said when we appointed Holden it will set us back years - Tinnion in this role will set us back more - he will be fired or demoted long before we ever see the premier league and any replacement will need sometime to put it right. And that’s on the Lansdowns more so than it is on Tinnion.

To be fair to Holden he was cursed from the moment he was announced with those ******* posts in the background! 😂IMG_7026.thumb.png.e8c628c7c9df3dca40ce2f7d2f5881fb.png

• Haha 1

So where are we up to ....

Jon went to the cash till , realised that he didn’t have enough in his account for a Starbucks , had woken up irritable , and decided right there that oaf Pearson and his man Rennie and those jokey popular coaches , they all had to go go go 

Yes yes , that Alex Scott money was ok but the Oaf and his sidekicks are sucking money out the nest egg 

Brian had said for a while they need moving on , Ill have a chat with him who he thinks we can get in a bit cheaper ....

Every penny counts after all , and the new infinity pool isn’t paying for itself 

Right , Brian ......

So is there anything else I missed ? 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

So where are we up to ....

Jon went to the cash till , realised that he didn’t have enough in his account for a Starbucks , had woken up irritable , and decided right there that oaf Pearson and his man Rennie and those jokey popular coaches , they all had to go go go 

Yes yes , that Alex Scott money was ok but the Oaf and his sidekicks are sucking money out the nest egg 

Brian had said for a while they need moving on , Ill have a chat with him who he thinks we can get in a bit cheaper ....

Every penny counts after all , and the new infinity pool isn’t paying for itself 

Right , Brian ......

So is there anything else I missed ? 

Yet again, that oaf has ruined my day!

Over the years, Tinnion has been vociferous in us using academy kids and telling managers to do so.

Now that Manning has been appointed by him, and Tinnion's head is on the block with regards to the new manager and new signings, I wonder if he'll be quite so keen for all the academy players to play now? I'm certainly not seeing it at the moment as it appears we're looking to new signings rather than bringing anyone through.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Over the years, Tinnion has been vociferous in us using academy kids and telling managers to do so.

Now that Manning has been appointed by him, and Tinnion's head is on the block with regards to the new manager and new signings, I wonder if he'll be quite so keen for all the academy players to play now? I'm certainly not seeing it at the moment as it appears we're looking to new signings rather than bringing anyone through.

Good , and interesting point that

One to keep an eye on 

10 minutes ago, beaverface said:

See the Yeboah thread for your answer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

See the Yeboah thread for your answer.

Just been reading it, shocking!

I can understand loaning him out to get the game time, but equally, whilst he's still training with us on a day to day basis, why don't they keep him around the 1st team rather than drop him down?!

1 minute ago, beaverface said:

Just been reading it, shocking!

I can understand loaning him out to get the game time, but equally, whilst he's still training with us on a day to day basis, why don't they keep him around the 1st team rather than drop him down?!

I'll be honest in that I'm not liking anything around our club at the moment, it's a circus ran by clowns, backstabbers and liars

But ......

Yeboah was nowhere near the level of player we need at this present time (nor is Dire) but that's another argument!

He is just 17 years old, he was used by Nige as "needs must" during that horrific injury crisis, he can train here, play here in midweek matches and play for Bath on the weekend, I believe he could come on leaps and bounds for this loan

• Like 3

Pearson's sacking was nothing to do with money.

The club simply didn't like that he was more respected than them, in certain elements of the supporter base, and when things weren't going well for him, he went public to keep the fans on his side. The second he done this, there is no way the club would sit there and stand for it. Pearson was not sacked for football or financial reasons! It was because those running the club simply didn't like him, his approach or his popularity. The day he questioned Jon Lansdown's ambition, was the day he secured his P45.

The new appointments are definitely all on Tinnion, but I don't think he was behind NP's sacking, he secured that all by himself. 

11 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I'll be honest in that I'm not liking anything around our club at the moment, it's a circus ran by clowns, backstabbers and liars

But ......

Yeboah was nowhere near the level of player we need at this present time (nor is Dire) but that's another argument!

He is just 17 years old, he was used by Nige as "needs must" during that horrific injury crisis, he can train here, play here in midweek matches and play for Bath on the weekend, I believe he could come on leaps and bounds for this loan

I agree with all of this:

- Train here....tick

- Play competitive games for Bath....tick

- Play midweek matches for U18s\U21s....tick

Exception being:

- NOT TRAIN with the 1st team....FAIL !!

I'm pretty sure Yeboah was used or kept around prior to the injury crisis, so he was clearly seen as one of those closest or closer than most new Academy Products to being ready.

I remember him coming on in games in August and September when our injury crisis was more stable.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

On 26/02/2024 at 19:04, Bat Fastard said:

I’m a CA and I’d be surprised if Jon is

• Like 1