IGNORED

Sid Out

Numero Uno

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

Yes, me. Brian is a club legend and anyone who went to Liverpool on that special night will agree. He may have not had the right temperament for management but has shown himself to be a very good judge of players. The development of our academy is also evidence of this. Our current problems seem to stem from this sacking of a much admired and respected manager with a great force of character and replacing him with a technical underachiever who lacks experience and strength of personality.  The old motto of “you should either have brains or hire brains” could also be usefully changed to “you should either have experience or hire experience “. 
we really need both brains and experience and we had those in the previous management team. I would wager that they were more expensive than Manning and Hogg - and that the change has more to do with saving costs rather than ambition. I expect that Brian is simply trying to fulfill his brief from the Lansdowns, who thought they could save cash and advance the prospects of the club.

I can't believe you started your defence of his role as Tecknical Director with mention of something he did in an absolutely unrelated job 30 years ago

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I got some stick from a couple of posters a couple of weeks ago for suggesting the current way of playing was devaluing Conway.

Its like playing Alex Scott in CM and playing long-ball.

I suspect it has been missed Dave.

Basic maths for a club that needs to beef up its nest egg.

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

I can't believe you started your defence of his role as Tecknical Director with mention of something he did in an absolutely unrelated job 30 years ago

I believe he is a club legend due to his service as a player and for the influence he has exercised since his playing days. Player development and recruitment have made £millions for the club. He has been mostly beneficial for 30 or so years - what else could he have done to secure legend status?

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

And yet Conway’s chance last week at QPR was inter-play between him and Wells.  And then he said they’d worked on that in training in the build-up to the match.  So he must see something in a pairing of some shape or form, surely?

You'd think so wouldn't you? But he didn't persist with it. Certainly TC benefited from playing with NW under Nigel so you might expect Liam to know that and apply it himself. But he seems to have his preferences regardless of the evidence.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Were you even slightly pleased when he scored?

I was delirious.

I don't see how that relates to the current debate though. 

But you carry on worshipping him for that one moment. 

He's a snake. And I now wish anybody else had scored that goal.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

I was delirious.

Honestly. Its ridiculous how accepting and placid some are isnt it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I was delirious.

His huge number of appearances, assists for people like Scotty, dozens of valuable players recruited, improved and developed into good assets for the club - and you don’t seem to see any good in the chap. If you blame him for Nige’s sacking, then do you really know what happened behind the scenes - or are you just blaming Tins because he is the only one left?

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

What gets me is everyone can point there anger at Tinman, SL , JL , manning or Pearson etc etc……. Meanwhile the players get away absolutely no mention 🤦‍♂️

That’s because there isn’t a lot wrong with this group. A couple not quite up to the level, but they’re honest and generally give 100%. 

Confusion seems to be the biggest problem affecting them at the moment. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

His huge number of appearances, assists for people like Scotty, dozens of valuable players recruited, improved and developed into good assets for the club - and you don’t seem to see any good in the chap. If you blame him for Nige’s sacking, then do you really know what happened behind the scenes - or are you just blaming Tins because he is the only one left?

All his qualities that you have listed do nothing to qualify him for the exulted position that he has elevated himself to through frankly numerous counts of treachery. 

You don't have to believe me. There are far better informed people on this forum that can enlighten you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spoons said:

What gets me is everyone can point there anger at Tinman, SL , JL , manning or Pearson etc etc……. Meanwhile the players get away absolutely no mention 🤦‍♂️

Plenty of times on here players have been criticised for poor performances , mistakes or cockups . Why shouldn't other be pulled up ? Specially the Head Coach . 
Have you missed the multiple threads saying... 
Max isn't good enough.
That Tanner is L1 at best. 
That Wells and Conway aren't up to it .
That Cornick isn't good enough. 
etc etc 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

he must have been involved in conversations leading up to it to be ready to take on the roles he did. nige was blocking his path to any sort of promotion so any input from tinnion on how they would do things would lean towards sacking pearson even if he didnt actually say 'hes got to go' i think he would have been angling towards it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Because most of us are in agreement that they're a midtable squad of players and are performing where we would expect.

There's no lack of effort of endeavour there, we are just a young side full of inconsistency.

Contrast that to the public messages coming out of the club and you think we've got a squad like 2008 Spain.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Superjack said:

All his qualities that you have listed do nothing to qualify him for the exulted position that he has elevated himself to through frankly numerous counts of treachery. 

You don't have to believe me. There are far better informed people on this forum that can enlighten you.

I have seen posts from many in this forum but have seen nothing beyond innuendo and hearsay.  There are clearly all sorts if interactions between Tins and other members of the ownership/ management team. We do not know what orders or directions he has been given. I have seen his dedication to the club over decades and reckon he has deserved a degree or respect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Genuine question on this.

Given flags and such seem to need approval, would such a banner get permission?

Given Jon Lansdown has requested certain flags be removed from s82 in the past because of the wording being used….not a chance in hell!

• Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I have seen posts from many in this forum but have seen nothing beyond innuendo and hearsay.  There are clearly all sorts if interactions between Tins and other members of the ownership/ management team. We do not know what orders or directions he has been given. I have seen his dedication to the club over decades and reckon he has deserved a degree or respect.

What has become clear (to a lot of us) is that his 'dedication' has not been to the club, but to a certain Brian Tinnion Esq. 

• Like 2

Just now, Superjack said:

What has become clear (to a lot of us) is that his 'dedication' has not been to the club, but to a certain Brian Tinnion Esq. 

I get the impression that many on here are swayed by the innuendo and even vitriol from certain people. Have you any concrete evidence to back up you views or do you just rely on what some others think?

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

I get the impression that many on here are swayed by the innuendo and even vitriol from certain people. Have you any concrete evidence to back up you views or do you just rely on what some others think?

Have you?

Just now, Superjack said:

Have you?

I have seen no evidence that he is a malign influence so I must assume he is innocent of all charges. I have witnessed his dedication to watching young players and have had a few interesting discussions with him over the years.  I judge his overall body of work as being good and valuable to the club. He is paid to have opinions, you may not agree with them, but how many footballing careers have you started and developed? In a witch hunt, people are often accused but I would guess that very few were actually witches - if any. I do not like to see people like Tins witch hunted as he has been on this forum. Frankly it offends my sense of fair play.

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

I have seen no evidence that he is a malign influence so I must assume he is innocent of all charges. I have witnessed his dedication to watching young players and have had a few interesting discussions with him over the years.  I judge his overall body of work as being good and valuable to the club. He is paid to have opinions, you may not agree with them, but how many footballing careers have you started and developed? In a witch hunt, people are often accused but I would guess that very few were actually witches - if any. I do not like to see people like Tins witch hunted as he has been on this forum. Frankly it offends my sense of fair play.

I can't even begin to tell you what offends my sense of fair play.

But I don't have to.

Because you already know.

3 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Thanks for helping me keep this thread on the first page though. 

I won't let it drop off. 👍

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Genuine question on this.

Given flags and such seem to need approval, would such a banner get permission?

I'm uncertain, but I believe restricting freedom of speech, particularly that of the fans who essentially own the club, is a precarious path. While I may not be firmly in the SL or Tinnon out camp, I wouldn't prevent those who are from expressing their views (though I may engage in a discussion). As I've mentioned before, I'm not someone who rigidly clings to an opinion; perspectives shift, situations alter, and what once seemed clear-cut may become more nuanced over time. 

I don’t agree with us letting go of Manning, JL or BT, but a lot of people on here do, so….

52 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Did you miss our head coach blaming the players in both of his interviews? 

The players are being asked to execute a flawed game plan. They are being asked to play whilst not fit, they are being asked to play with unfit team mates. That's not their fault. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Given Jon Lansdown has requested certain flags be removed from s82 in the past because of the wording being used….not a chance in hell!

Presumably he’d have to seen them first. It’ll be too late once it’s unveiled. 

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Did you miss our head coach blaming the players in both of his interviews? 

The players are being asked to execute a flawed game plan. They are being asked to play whilst not fit, they are being asked to play with unfit team mates. That's not their fault. 

I do agree with you, but Kal clearly stated during commentary that he was confused what some of the players were doing as it wasn’t what they were briefed to do during the week. But that does open up the question on how the information is being communicated. Clearly Kal understood the brief, but maybe others didn’t. I’ve got no idea; but that game wasn’t good enough and I can’t defend it no matter what my thoughts are on the overall picture. 

7 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Presumably he’d have to seen them first. It’ll be too late once it’s unveiled. 

I do agree with you, but Kal clearly stated during commentary that he was confused what some of the players were doing as it wasn’t what they were briefed to do during the week. But that does open up the question on how the information is being communicated. Clearly Kal understood the brief, but maybe others didn’t. I’ve got no idea; but that game wasn’t good enough and I can’t defend it no matter what my thoughts are on the overall picture. 

That's the point im making. It was obvious that the players couldn't implement the game plan because it was a flawed game plan and then there was no other plan. 

When players are resorting to just hitting hopeless long balls then you know the game plan has gone. 

8 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

but that game wasn’t good enough and I can’t defend it no matter what my thoughts are on the overall picture. 

And in fairness Tim, that is a perfectly reasonable view to hold.  Praise and critique individuals games as you see them…let several of them together form an overall view.  And none of of us will see it all exactly the same.

• Like 1