IGNORED

Sid Out

Numero Uno

29 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I have seen no evidence that he is a malign influence so I must assume he is innocent of all charges. I have witnessed his dedication to watching young players and have had a few interesting discussions with him over the years.  I judge his overall body of work as being good and valuable to the club. He is paid to have opinions, you may not agree with them, but how many footballing careers have you started and developed? In a witch hunt, people are often accused but I would guess that very few were actually witches - if any. I do not like to see people like Tins witch hunted as he has been on this forum. Frankly it offends my sense of fair play.

To be fair, there are two angles.

Let’s say you knew someone who had been employed by Lloyds Bank. Did a decent job on the tills for 10 years, was promoted to team leader and failed. Left, came back and became a trainer - did a decent job, was promoted to chief executive. Would you be happy with that appointment, and if it then became apparent that he wasn’t doing particularly well in that job, would you use their years of counter service for which they got well paid as a reason to shield them from criticism?

The second angle is that it is known that Tinnion manoeuvred against Wilson. It’s known that Tinnion lied about Medube. It’s widely believed that Tinnion was the “King” source. There is a pattern of him being untrustworthy. How comfortable, morally, are you with a proven liar being in a position of influence at the club?

Thats not hunting for witches. It’s just logic.

• Like 4
  • Flames 8
  • Robin 1

53 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Given Jon Lansdown has requested certain flags be removed from s82 in the past because of the wording being used….not a chance in hell!

Depending on which one, if Cardiff 2017 I suspect the unaccountable, clandestine Safety Advisory Group got jumpy about it but yes certainly agree in general..that could've been a convenient ruling too.

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, there are two angles.

Let’s say you knew someone who had been employed by Lloyds Bank. Did a decent job on the tills for 10 years, was promoted to team leader and failed. Left, came back and became a trainer - did a decent job, was promoted to chief executive. Would you be happy with that appointment, and if it then became apparent that he wasn’t doing particularly well in that job, would you use their years of counter service for which they got well paid as a reason to shield them from criticism?

The second angle is that it is known that Tinnion manoeuvred against Wilson. It’s known that Tinnion lied about Medube. It’s widely believed that Tinnion was the “King” source. There is a pattern of him being untrustworthy. How comfortable, morally, are you with a proven liar being in a position of influence at the club?

Thats not hunting for witches. It’s just logic.

Widely believed is not evidence. There was a drinking culture during the Wilson era and maybe Brian was protective of his young players. Many have spoken very highly of him and they actually work with/for him. 

34 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I'm uncertain, but I believe restricting freedom of speech, particularly that of the fans who essentially own the club, is a precarious path. While I may not be firmly in the SL or Tinnon out camp, I wouldn't prevent those who are from expressing their views (though I may engage in a discussion). As I've mentioned before, I'm not someone who rigidly clings to an opinion; perspectives shift, situations alter, and what once seemed clear-cut may become more nuanced over time. 

I don’t agree with us letting go of Manning, JL or BT, but a lot of people on here do, so….

I do agree, others will know more than me at the process for getting a banner in, what hoops or otherwise there are or aren't.

Broadly speaking its free speech. Free speech has limits of course but I don't think it should be unduly restricted.

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Widely believed is not evidence. There was a drinking culture during the Wilson era and maybe Brian was protective of his young players. Many have spoken very highly of him and they actually work with/for him. 

I note you didn’t answer 1…

I note you didn’t comment on all aspects of 2…

I note that working for someone is not really the best arbiter of someone’s trustworthiness as you have a vested interest…

Other than that, 10/10 - no notes.

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I note you didn’t answer 1…

I note you didn’t comment on all aspects of 2…

I note that working for someone is not really the best arbiter of someone’s trustworthiness as you have a vested interest…

Other than that, 10/10 - no notes.

You have maybe used the word “proven” without actual proof in the previous post. I did not see a direct comparison with Tins in your comparison.  He excelled as a player (in my opinion) went to Spain to get experience in developing young players. Tried management but did not have the right aptitude but excelled as a recruiter and developer of football talent. He is now vastly experienced and entitled to have his own opinions and to judge others in the football industry. That does not make him always right but his track record shows he is frequently right.

10 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

You have maybe used the word “proven” without actual proof in the previous post. I did not see a direct comparison with Tins in your comparison.  He excelled as a player (in my opinion) went to Spain to get experience in developing young players. Tried management but did not have the right aptitude but excelled as a recruiter and developer of football talent. He is now vastly experienced and entitled to have his own opinions and to judge others in the football industry. That does not make him always right but his track record shows he is frequently right.

Ok. If I’ve used the word proven wrong, find his Medube quotes and prove me wrong. I’ve got the receipts. But as you want to question, go nuts.

I’ll wait……

The one thing that's crossed my mind re BT, is when he was in charge of Academy and loans, we seemed so focussed on player pathway, more involvement with youngsters in first team training and squad. Some being bloodied or on bench. A lot of focus was put on this. 

Then he moves up the ladder so to speak...and a lot of that has gone quiet. Less focus on that. Less players being part of training and first team squad on match days. 

More focus now on recruitment of players where he's now more involved. 

Coincidence?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Completely agree .

My personal opinion is that Brian Tinnion has done really well for BCFC and has been instrumental in changing the reliance on new signings to a pathway for home grown talent. The first team squad  for several years is testament to this.

It's funny that a number of posters have vented their spleen about a simple predictable and inevitable change of manager as it may involve a rebuild yet , at the same time, are demanding a much much bigger rebuild for the entire club, ownership and staff.  Comedy gold.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

I have seen no evidence that he is a malign influence so I must assume he is innocent of all charges. I have witnessed his dedication to watching young players and have had a few interesting discussions with him over the years.  I judge his overall body of work as being good and valuable to the club. He is paid to have opinions, you may not agree with them, but how many footballing careers have you started and developed? In a witch hunt, people are often accused but I would guess that very few were actually witches - if any. I do not like to see people like Tins witch hunted as he has been on this forum. Frankly it offends my sense of fair play.

I'm sorry if my original post offended your sense of fair play but, frankly, I'm not changing my mind. I know what I know about Sid, I'm not in Court and don't have to provide you with evidence of what I know (I haven't made any scurrilous claims anyway), and IF IT WAS MY CLUB (I'm led to believe it's Steve's though and I'm just a paying "customer", nothing more) I wouldn't have him anywhere near the current role he occupies at the club - don't panic though, he won't be in any danger of getting canned because we have reverted to prime Lansdown "compliant" appointment territory.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

I think Danny Wilson's book says all you need to know about "Tins"...

I have not read the book but can imagine that the two may have had differences in view of the culture.  Maybe we should wait for Tins to publish his "tell all" book before judgement -otherwise it may be a trifle one sided.

17 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Completely agree .

My personal opinion is that Brian Tinnion has done really well for BCFC and has been instrumental in changing the reliance on new signings to a pathway for home grown talent. The first team squad  for several years is testament to this.

It's funny that a number of posters have vented their spleen about a simple predictable and inevitable change of manager as it may involve a rebuild yet , at the same time, are demanding a much much bigger rebuild for the entire club, ownership and staff.  Comedy gold.

Why does the squad potentially need a rebuild? Nobody mentioned revolution, we were told that our top end squad just needed a better manager to give it a better chance of success. Now we have the new manager who is currently achieving less points with the same players plus a couple back from injury and a couple signed in the window, we get done by QPR and Sheffield Wednesday, his tactical nous at the level is being ruthlessly exposed currently and the "Nige Out" Club are now telling us that Liam inherited a pile of shit and we may need a "rebuild". That's a massive helping of Comedy Gold as you put it.

I'm not calling for Liam to be sacked, I'm calling for him to do better.....and that includes NOW WITH THE PLAYERS HE CURRENTLY HAS. He's not performing well enough overall, simple as that.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 7
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I have not read the book but can imagine that the two may have had differences in view of the culture.  Maybe we should wait for Tins to publish his "tell all" book before judgement -otherwise it may be a trifle one sided.

**** me, I’m not sure there’s a sub editor who’d be prepared to take on the momumental task of making that legible.

• Haha 7

On 24/02/2024 at 19:08, cellist said:

Exactly this. Loved watching Tinnion ping passes around against giants like Chesterfield and Port Vale back in the day.

I find it hard to consider a lot of those players in that era "legends" when we used to get beat by Chesterfield, Port Vale and Wycombe quite often which would stuff our chances of promotion. 

Great players do not hang around in League 1 for most of their career.

Edited by 2015
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

**** me, I’m not sure there’s a sub editor who’d be prepared to take on the momumental task of making that legible.

In my short stint as a cub reporter for the Weston Mercury, we had good sub editors. Maybe, now that I am an old git, I should have remembered more of their wisdom!

2 hours ago, spudski said:

The one thing that's crossed my mind re BT, is when he was in charge of Academy and loans, we seemed so focussed on player pathway, more involvement with youngsters in first team training and squad. Some being bloodied or on bench. A lot of focus was put on this. 

Then he moves up the ladder so to speak...and a lot of that has gone quiet. Less focus on that. Less players being part of training and first team squad on match days. 

More focus now on recruitment of players where he's now more involved. 

Coincidence?

In fairness, I’ve seen the likes of Taine Anderson training with the first team, so it must still be going on.  But it does make you wonder about the gap in the first team match-day squad.  If a player like Yeboah or Nelson is that far away, then I don’t believe in just giving up free places…although it can be used as a reward too.  So I think we are definitely seeing some change in thinking / focus.

Your point is definitely a valid observation and one to watch play out.

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Why does the squad potentially need a rebuild? Nobody mentioned revolution, we were told that our top end squad just needed a better manager to give it a better chance of success. Now we have the new manager who is currently achieving less points with the same players plus a couple back from injury and a couple signed in the window, we get done by QPR and Sheffield Wednesday, his tactical nous at the level is being ruthlessly exposed currently and the "Nige Out" Club are now telling us that Liam inherited a pile of shit and we may need a "rebuild". That's a massive helping of Comedy Gold as you put it.

I'm not calling for Liam to be sacked, I'm calling for him to do better.....and that includes NOW WITH THE PLAYERS HE CURRENTLY HAS. He's not performing well enough overall, simple as that.

Hilarious isn't it. Some posters were very quick to proclaim that we now looked well coached and that we play sexy football. Which was complete bs and just a dig at the former man. 

And now suddenly because that arguement has been taken apart, it's the players 🤣🤣 very strange that these people criticised Nige for not getting better results with this squad but now suddenly the same squad isn't good enough 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I find it hard to consider a lot of those players in that era "legends" when we used to get beat by Chesterfield, Port Vale and Wycombe quite often which would stuff our chances of promotion. 

Exactly. I remember fondly those years because it was my first taste of football growing up. But we repeatedly failed to get out of a worse division than the one we're now in.

In terms of footballing ability and achievement, BT can't really hold a candle to some of our current squad and many others we've had since. In terms of footballing CV he does not compare favourably to James, King, Pearson, Euell, Fleming for example. Bit of a joke that Pearson might have his decisions (allegedly) questioned by someone like BT really.

Edited by cellist
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, 2015 said:

They were very well paid and had a busy social life. Why go elsewhere?

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness, I’ve seen the likes of Taine Anderson training with the first team, so it must still be going on.  But it does make you wonder about the gap in the first team match-day squad.  If a player like Yeboah or Nelson is that far away, then I don’t believe in just giving up free places…although it can be used as a reward too.  So I think we are definitely seeing some change in thinking / focus.

Your point is definitely a valid observation and one to watch play out.

The Yeboah one does stand out for me Dave.

Considered ' good enough ' to play in the first team under NP who bloodied many... yet nowhere to be seen under Manning.

I can understand us having new signings and player availablity, but it has crossed my mind as to how much influence BT had/has on academy players being involved before...but now...it seems a lot less so being involved. 

Since his Technical Director appointment this have gradually moved away from the Academy pathway it seems.

The suspicious amongst us could maybe see a trait. 

• Like 8

I now have another reason to hope we win v Cardiff, not just the 3 points; but to stop this utter garbage being posted on a forum for City supporters who dont necessarily want to hear the club they support constantly being 'rubbished' by people on Social Media. I can only presume those on here who like Italian-sounding names or districts of Bristol that should read 'Fishponds' or 'Eastville' rather than 'Redland' didnt go to the W.Ham games, nor the Forest games, nor recently to Coventry nor to Boro. I cant even believe they went to our last but one home game.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

16 minutes ago, cellist said:

Exactly. I remember fondly those years because it was my first taste of football growing up. But we repeatedly failed to get out of a worse division than the one we're now in.

That was my experience too. I will never forget that horrible feeling of losing to Brighton in the final in 2004 and how we bottled about 10 results in the final stages of that season. Felt like the whole world was mocking us.

Sickening, much worse than the defeat to Hull.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I now have another reason to hope we win v Cardiff, not just the 3 points; but to stop this utter garbage being posted on a forum for City supporters who dont necessarily want to hear the club they support constantly being 'rubbished' by people on Social Media. I can only presume those on here who like Italian-sounding names or districts of Bristol that should read 'Fishponds' or 'Eastville' rather than 'Redland' didnt go to the W.Ham games, nor the Forest games, nor recently to Coventry nor to Boro. I cant even believe they went to our last but one home game.

A candidate for most ridiculous post of the year.

A candidate for #superfan too

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Who was the leader of the drinking culture ?

I've heard plenty of stories re BT in and around the pubs of Nailsea.

43 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Completely agree .

Mmmmm, not completely true.

Tinnion became Academy Director in October 2021. He took over from Gary Probert when he left to work with Swiss. He was the loans manager (name me one other team that has one of these?).

Players like Semenyo, Scott, Conway and others were already part of the first team squad.

This important post is now been downgraded to a part time position.

Not cleaver surely?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Hilarious isn't it. Some posters were very quick to proclaim that we now looked well coached and that we play sexy football. Which was complete bs and just a dig at the former man. 

And now suddenly because that arguement has been taken apart, it's the players 🤣🤣 very strange that these people criticised Nige for not getting better results with this squad but now suddenly the same squad isn't good enough 🤣🤣

Just listened to latest episode of FBC and that is clearly the main theme.