IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

Mate just got through on phone after an hour long hold in que 

tried to shift 4 of us to some different seats . Managed to do his, hold 3 seats for each of us next to him , but we all need to call up seperately in next 24 hours to confirm them 

so if that’s the way it’s going to work I imagine the phone lines will remain busy long into the day 

I was stuck since 10am with the new seats in my basket but unable to make the £2.50 payment online. Then just got a message to say the items had 'unexpectedly been removed fom your basket' and those seats are now unavailable.

Bloody annoying.

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Are you doing this?

selecting your Season Ticket under the “Season Tickets” tab and then selecting the “Replace Seat” button.”

Yep, just moved by youngest's seat in E28, all went well.

A lot better than being in "queue position 52" for the next 3 hours....

I was ahead of the game. I rang the club a month ago and was told that I had to call Supporter services at 10am today to move my seat. I spent an hour on the phone queuing, having hit the call button. I was 20th in the queue. Eventually a very nice lady answered and I soon found out that it was a difficult process, due to me having paid by direct debit. She completed the process and told me that it would have been easier to do it online. I said that I was doing what I had been told and she said that it wasn’t communicated very well by the club! My mate is trying to move seats online and it won’t accept the £1.25 fee. It appears that neither of us was ahead of the game!

Whereas Tottenham fans say that their club is so “Spursy”, what would be the correct term for our fabulous club and its processes? I can’t think of a description that would get past the administrators.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Simple Red said:

I was ahead of the game. I rang the club a month ago and was told that I had to call Supporter services at 10am today to move my seat. I spent an hour on the phone queuing, having hit the call button. I was 20th in the queue. Eventually a very nice lady answered and I soon found out that it was a difficult process, due to me having paid by direct debit. She completed the process and told me that it would have been easier to do it online. I said that I was doing what I had been told and she said that it wasn’t communicated very well by the club! My mate is trying to move seats online and it won’t accept the £1.25 fee. It appears that neither of us was ahead of the game!

Whereas Tottenham fans say that their club is so “Spursy”, what would be the correct term for our fabulous club and its processes? I can’t think of a description that would get past the administrators.

‘Shitty’

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Simple Red said:

Colour me surprised.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

or those that are aware of the chaotic fixture schedule ahead and are not buying because of that?

I still ask how people suddenly think the football is all of a sudden any worse than compared to the vast majority in the past

Because meetings discuss sensitive and private information and not for me to disclose

Wasn't aimed at you phants, it was aimed at the guy who said the info was divulged at senior reds

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Simple Red said:

Booby ...

I've renewed my ticket. Its a 50 - 60 mile round trip for me and I still work so I can't make all of the games especially some midweek games.

By renewing my season ticket I am supporting the club whether I attend all of the matches or not, its my choice. I really can't understand all of the fuss with people not attending and leaving seats empty. There's usually other areas not occupied so what's the problem? Non attendees are counted in the attendance anyway and if its a high profile match them I'm sure the non attendees would be minimal.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So, as of last week, over 8,000 STs sold

(FBC pod the source / Gavin Marshall)

After the seat movers are included it’ll be about 10000 before general sale then a steady trickle over the summer plus half season tickets at Christmas will see us close to 15000 of this season COYR 

15 minutes ago, Swede said:

I've renewed my ticket. Its a 50 - 60 mile round trip for me and I still work so I can't make all of the games especially some midweek games.

By renewing my season ticket I am supporting the club whether I attend all of the matches or not, its my choice. I really can't understand all of the fuss with people not attending and leaving seats empty. There's usually other areas not occupied so what's the problem? Non attendees are counted in the attendance anyway and if its a high profile match them I'm sure the non attendees would be minimal.

I don’t have an issue with it either. What would be good though is if as some point City could launch a site where you could make your seat available to purchase by other fans when you can’t attend (as some other clubs do). Fans won’t always have a friend or family member who can go to the match concerned so the current forwarding option could not be used - a ticket exchange site would widen the pool of people who could take the seat. 

19 minutes ago, Swede said:

My view as well. It's supposed to be an entertainment option, not being in the fricking Army!  If you can't go, you can't go.

I missed three home games this season and haven't had any away days - which is very unusual. But work, holidays, family, comes first.

I've renewed. I always do. My dad had a season ticket for almost 50 years and I hope I will too. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, eardun said:

I don’t have an issue with it either. What would be good though is if as some point City could launch a site where you could make your seat available to purchase by other fans when you can’t attend (as some other clubs do). Fans won’t always have a friend or family member who can go to the match concerned so the current forwarding option could not be used - a ticket exchange site would widen the pool of people who could take the seat. 

That single match sale of vacant ST seats is the perfect solution.  That would involve some extra effort from the club to make that possible though.  At present, they seem to prefer putting their effort into pointing a finger at non-attendees, even though the club have already been paid for that seat.

The only time these vacant seats really become a problem is on the rare occasions of a sell-out match.

Seems like a lot of noise from the club about nothing.

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Is that about a 15-20% drop on last season Dave?

That was last week , it was 10k sold a year ago tomorrow so we will see soon as a lot will have done it late for various reasons , I do hope any drop is not greeted on here with glee , we are City fans at the end of the day and more people in the ground helps us whatever people’s agendas 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, eardun said:

It will happen - but will only happen when games sell out constantly. From the clubs perspective they’ve sold your seat to you and have the money for it - they’d rather sell the other seats in the ground then have to resell yours (and possibly give you a cut)

39 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

After the seat movers are included it’ll be about 10000 before general sale then a steady trickle over the summer plus half season tickets at Christmas will see us close to 15000 of this season COYR 

I’m sure the “over 8000” isn’t the final number for all the reasons you suggest.  Although a week ago you yourself said it was 12000.  But we’ll pretend you never posted that, eh? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4
  • Flames 3

Just now, Davefevs said:

I dunno.  I think someone posted last week the various comms that went out last season as a comparison.

I’d be surprised if we didn’t hit 10k - the 8k mentioned by Marshall was as at Thursday, and many left it late to renew as we know.

But I’d be equally surprised if there was a large number of seat moves. People will be reticent to move from the South Stand as they can’t get back there now. Possibly a few hundred overall.

The number of 15000 mentioned as this seasons figure on the pod and ambition to grow it do feel unlikely for a number of reasons. Ultimately ST holders miss odd games but the volume missing from several recent games does suggest a degree of disillusion.

My guess is we hit around 12-13k sales overall. Down on last year due to several reasons:

- Disillusion and dissatisfaction with club hierarchy (think that’s #1)

- Cost of living crisis remains ongoing and it becomes a necessary or reasonable sacrifice

- Unhappiness with management/style in some quarters 

- The new TV deal (I think that’s a tiny factor - the club haven’t publicised and it won’t be known unless you look)

It’s still a decent number and bigger than our neighbours capacity. Won’t be any joy from me if the number is down but if the hierarchy think the main reason is anything but them then I think they’re probably not reading the room

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It will happen - but will only happen when games sell out constantly. From the clubs perspective they’ve sold your seat to you and have the money for it - they’d rather sell the other seats in the ground then have to resell yours (and possibly give you a cut)

I heard on The Price of Football recently, that one club were taking your season ticket back - or at least not allowing you to renew - if you missed three games.

If we ever get that arrogant I'm off. I don't care that we'd probably be in the Premier League for that to have a chance of happening.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m sure the “over 8000” isn’t the final number for all the reasons you suggest.  Although a week ago you yourself said it was 12000.  But we’ll pretend you never posted that, eh? 🤣🤣🤣

Oh yes I did I was told it was estimated they’d be around that figure and so what 

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’d be surprised if we didn’t hit 10k - the 8k mentioned by Marshall was as at Thursday, and many left it late to renew as we know.

But I’d be equally surprised if there was a large number of seat moves. People will be reticent to move from the South Stand as they can’t get back there now. Possibly a few hundred overall.

The number of 15000 mentioned as this seasons figure on the pod and ambition to grow it do feel unlikely for a number of reasons. Ultimately ST holders miss odd games but the volume missing from several recent games does suggest a degree of disillusion.

My guess is we hit around 12-13k sales overall. Down on last year due to several reasons:

- Disillusion and dissatisfaction with club hierarchy (think that’s #1)

- Cost of living crisis remains ongoing and it becomes a necessary or reasonable sacrifice

- Unhappiness with management/style in some quarters 

- The new TV deal (I think that’s a tiny factor - the club haven’t publicised and it won’t be known unless you look)

It’s still a decent number and bigger than our neighbours capacity. Won’t be any joy from me if the number is down but if the hierarchy think the main reason is anything but them then I think they’re probably not reading the room

I also think a small factor to add to your point about the Cost of Living crisis, there may be non-season ticket holders who fancy picking one up but because the club are saving the freed spots in the South Stand for individual matchday sales, are priced out of it.

• Like 2