IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Hopefully we will kick off next season with fans positive and up for it.

I'd like to see us pick up 4/6 more points from the final two games, bring in a forward that we can all get overly optimistic about, and trounce a couple of team in pre-season to set up a highly anticipated first game of the 2024-25 season, which naturally will be a 0-1 at home to Millwall.

Haha, was just thinking very similar.  Finish the season strongly, even though it has little bearing on next, and go into the summer optimistic.

With LM saying every day of preseason is planned already, and our general approach to trying to get signings done early (which we’ve done on the main), it would be nice to have contracts sorted too.

Hopefully a stable summer ahead.

So let’s thump Rotherham first up.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Wow, that’s impressive 👏

The club can’t say they haven’t been backed by us supporters - let’s hope the club back the HC now so that we have a team ready to push-on next season……Manning’s comments re the club needing to show ambition in the summer was interesting today too.

He sounded quite confident and so makes me wonder if we already have the signings we want, all lined up?

I kinda think that was what had me replying to Mozo and thinking similarly.

I think we know our targets (plural), but executing the deals is the hard bit.

Edited by Davefevs

14 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Wow, that’s impressive 👏

The club can’t say they haven’t been backed by us supporters - let’s hope the club back the HC now so that we have a team ready to push-on next season……Manning’s comments re the club needing to show ambition in the summer was interesting today too.

He sounded quite confident and so makes me wonder if we already have the signings we want, all lined up?

Cole Palmer spotted at the Avon Gorge Hotel!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I think there is some points to be made here from the club's communications today.

They are obviously priotising POTD for next season. Hence the "South Stand sold out". It won't be sold out, just sold out to anyone buying STs. There will probably be 500+ free seats for the first game of the season for POTD punters.

Secondly, they are only offering a "limited" number of STs for the open sale market.

I think as a club we will be looking to cap ST sales at around 14k or so (not sure about H/T STs around Christmas). This will once again force more people to get memberships or go POTD.

The club has probably recognised that the missing STs and a certain number of the STs that do come are unlikely to spend as much in the shop/concessions as people doing the POTD trip down the gate experience.

It's going to be interesting how this new approach works anyhow.

Personally I don't like it. It's the approach the big clubs are doing now. Prioritising potd. 

When we ultimately struggle again then the club will be begging fans to buy season tickets and I'll laugh at that. Need to get the balance right. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Personally I don't like it. It's the approach the big clubs are doing now. Prioritising potd. 

When we ultimately struggle again then the club will be begging fans to buy season tickets and I'll laugh at that. Need to get the balance right. 

I am curious how you see the club prioritising POTD? 

On the basis average crowds are the best in 40 years, ST sales are up for comparable time last season things are going in the right way 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We aren’t prioritising POTD though. As mentioned above, Marshall said we are hoping to sell slightly more season tickets for next season (just over 15k).

Edited by eardun

25 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Fair enough, I thought someone said they were at 10k last year and 8k this. If they are up then fair enough.

There are some interesting metrics being brought up, it was 8k, then 10k, also 12k.

I think we can assume as always that OTIB has very little knowledge of the reality.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

I am curious how you see the club prioritising POTD? 

On the basis average crowds are the best in 40 years, ST sales are up for comparable time last season things are going in the right way 

By putting a limit on the amount of season tickets sold? 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

By putting a limit on the amount of season tickets sold? 

The only limit is the same that's a set number have to be made available 

Gavin Marshall confirmed club are pushing for more season ticket sales than ever before 

People are misunderstanding what he said about if we kept increasing sales, in the future we may have to limit the sales 

• Like 2

Just now, phantom said:

Gavin Marshall confirmed club are pushing for more season ticket sales than ever before 

People are misunderstanding what he said about if we kept increasing sales, in the future we may have to limit the sales 

Isn’t there an EFL rule that says a certain % of stadium capacity needs to be held back for POTD?

21 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Do you ever stop ?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

This ⬆️⬆️⬆️

11 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Isn’t there an EFL rule that says a certain % of stadium capacity needs to be held back for POTD?

Not aware of any. Good to have a split though so that a broader range of fans can attend  - imagine the uproar if the whole ground was sold to season ticket holders only. 15k season ticket holders and 8k POTD (home fans) feels like a reasonable balance. 

Edited by eardun

34 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Why should you care, you will not be there next year remember! 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Yep , I didn't even think about it until last year when I read the Norwich had sold out. They sold 21,000 Sts and the ground holds 27,359. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

How is any reduction in ticket sales “gone very well”? This is a football club. It’s not like buying tickets for something where there are multiple options that can impact sales. If numbers are down, it’s because people either aren’t happy or have been priced out of going. Neither is a good thing.

Long way to go of course. General sale might be booming and good luck to anyone wanting to invest. Just find that particular comment strange.

There is no reduction in ticket sales in fact it UP. 2000 on this time last year , for every person who doesn’t renew there’s a new fan in the wings 

I think the club would be happy with a 17500 season ticket cap , of course should the unthinkable happen then the request for season tickets would be so , that seats just wouldn’t be available and it would be prioritised to season ticket holders hence the increased growth in holders BUT I’ve been told 17500 is the figure and by end of this season we MIGHT not be far off that , then it’s a bum fight !

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

This is an old breakdown for reference @Numero Uno

image.png.038f42c46afb66a2421f07d9fc3b81e5.png

not broken down by stand, but useful nonetheless.

Interesting that they included the complimentary, staff complimentary, and staff upgrade tickets - some 300+ in total last year - in the total of season tickets 'sold' and that these numbers all rose 1 season to the next.

In theory they could increase the number of complimentary tickets and claim an increase in STH's.

Also 391 carers last year, who are also free I believe? If so, nearly 700 non-payers included in last years' numbers.

Very interesting to see the figures for this year, particularly the number of full paying adult tickets sold, a number which reduced by over 250 last year.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad

2 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Why should you care, you will not be there next year remember! 

Ha ha ha ha ha. 

So because I've not renewed for the first time in god knows how long (along with many many others) I suddenly don't care? Every Bristol City that doesn't renew or buys a ST doesn't care about the club right? Bizarre. 

Sorry that I care about the current trend in the game to push out season ticket holders and that I'm bringing attention to it. Please don't moan when we then follow the likes of Spurs who have scraped OAP tickets. 

For the record I would have renewed if I'd have been able to buy one in the SS. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

He also said "we probably don't want to have that many more season ticket holders" 

To me that's concerning.

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Ha ha ha ha ha. 

So because I've not renewed for the first time in god knows how long (along with many many others) I suddenly don't care? Every Bristol City that doesn't renew or buys a ST doesn't care about the club right? Bizarre. 

Sorry that I care about the current trend in the game to push out season ticket holders and that I'm bringing attention to it. Please don't moan when we then follow the likes of Spurs who have scraped OAP tickets. 

Could you not have renewed your season ticket and do a seat move yesterday?

23 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Could you not have renewed your season ticket and do a seat move yesterday?

South Stand only available to those who already have a season ticket in the South Stand. 

11 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Fair enough, I thought someone said they were at 10k last year and 8k this. If they are up then fair enough.

More than 12,000 seats have been renewed in the five-week priority window for 2023/24 Season Ticket holders, as per the OS 

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Ha ha ha ha ha. 

You lost me, you been banging on for ages about you did now buy a season ticket for a project change, numerous times about how bad the football is, aboout Manningball and will NOT be renewing, even earlier in this thread that Swansea finished it for you. Now you would have renewed if you could buy one in the SS, thought you had one in the South Stand, so all the other posts were like most of the things you post complete nonsense.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 2

21 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

You lost me, you been banging on for ages about you did now buy a season ticket for a project change, numerous times about how bad the football is, aboout Manningball and will NOT be renewing, even earlier in this thread that Swansea finished it for you. Now you would have renewed if you could buy one in the SS, thought you had one in the South Stand, so all the other posts were like most of the things you post complete nonsense.

Let me make this very simple for you.

I currently sit in the Lansdown. 700 odd quid for us to renew. 

Ultimately I was not willing to pay 700 quid for all the things you mentioned. 

500 quid and I probably would have sucked it up and paid it. But not 700. Got it now? 

• Haha 1