IGNORED

New England Kit

Super

1 minute ago, Lewisdabaron said:

I will stick to my 1988 & 1990 vintage shirts - when there was some testosterone about, but thanks. 

But it was nice of you to model it for us Robbo. 

Don't mistake BO for testosterone, mate. 

• Haha 1

Just to correct the claim that this is part of a “right wing culture war”, a man was arrested (yes, arrested!) last year for arranging the Gay pride flag into 4 so it formed a swastika and posting it on Twitter. This is another tired example of “them ‘uns” being up to no good, not like us of course, yadda yadda. Very tiresome.

Amusing to see Emily F’ing Thornberry trying to launder her image by wading in to this issue as well, after being caught on a hot mic mocking a working-class housing estate full of white vans and displaying England flags a few years ago. What a fat idiot. And fat. 

30 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Yes, obviously as I’ve explain above in the comment you replied to.

The word “pride” isn’t mentioned once in that article, what I assume you’ve done is read the word rainbow and made a connection.

For the benefit of those who can’t view behind the paywall this is the quote:

“It seems astonishing that the FA would not examine the shirt closely enough but, amid claim and counterclaim from sources close to those in charge, there were allegations the US firm wanted to make the home kit even more multi-coloured and closer to displaying a “rainbow” effect.”

It goes on to say:

“Another source with knowledge of the design process for the kit confirmed an addition of another colour had been discussed but disputed that would have constituted a “rainbow” effect, stressing part of the design brief had been incorporating hues harking back to England’s 1966 World Cup triumph.”

Let's not get all caught up on different terminologies. That's petty. 

The fact is Nike did try to have a rainbow effect flag, aka pride flag. You can dress it up however you want but they didn't want a 'rainbow effect' flag because England once played in rainbow colours did they! 

Oh come on mate, you've failed to include this key bit which I think says it all about your intentions. You didn't include it cos it backs up what I had previously said. Petty. 

However, a source close to Singh disputed that he had been solely responsible, before claiming he had personally not even seen the cross at the time. That is despite the source also alleging that Singh had effectively vetoed the “rainbow” proposal from Nike amid fears the FA would be accused of “virtue-signalling”.

39 minutes ago, Redinthehead said:

Where ‘terminologies’ means your original statement that Nike chose pride colours as entirely incorrect? Best not get hung up on that hey….

My original statement is entirely correct. Nike wanted pride/rainbow colours, FA vetoed it.

• Haha 1

On 22/03/2024 at 08:31, Hayfield8 said:

Why do people play dumb when it comes to England and why this can be seen as disrespectful to the country the kit is suppose to represent?

If this were another country, I can't help but think those not understanding the issue would suddenly understand the concept of a national flag being a symbol of a nation, one that has specific colours that are key identifiers of that nation's flag.

This is also coming at a time where there is clearly an orchestrated push to erode English identity and pride, and from a company that is very deep into the identity politics culture war does make this seem more than a playful redesign.

Symbolism and its importance is a well known concept to the left, the pride flag, Palestinian flag, raised fist of power etc. so how come when it's with England they act dumb? 

To who though? I'm a bit of an old school lefty and could not give a flying **** about it.  The thing is, the voices heard on social media, from left and right, are people being vocal, because that's what social media is. I suspect that there are vast numbers of us- left and right- don't really get all that upset over such trivialities as a design on a football shirt.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

To who though? I'm a bit of an old school lefty and could not give a flying **** about it.  The thing is, the voices heard on social media, from left and right, are people being vocal, because that's what social media is. I suspect that there are vast numbers of us- left and right- don't really get all that upset over such trivialities as a design on a football shirt.

If the Palestinian Flag suffered the same treatment, would that still be "trivial"?

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

My original statement is entirely correct. Nike wanted pride/rainbow colours, FA vetoed it.

No it isn’t. Nike wanted more colours on the kit and it was vetoed - clearly because some idiots can’t see a “rainbow effect” without linking it to something it isn’t.

What you’ve done is said rainbow must mean pride and that’s why they’ve done it. Your statement is an opinion.

2 hours ago, Red Cloud said:

If the Palestinian Flag suffered the same treatment, would that still be "trivial"?

Such a weird comparison 

• Like 2

Just now, richwwtk said:

It was @Cowshed and his 'defacing flags is illegal' that was being laughed at, not the flag

Read it again and that St George flag and St Georges are part of our footballing culture and traditions something you our culture warrior mate to laugh at and look down but important to many.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Read it again and that St George flag and St Georges are part of our footballing culture and traditions something you our culture warrior mate to laugh at and look down but important to many.

He's literally just explained that he wasn't mocking the flag for Scooter.

20 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Like normal with you on here, you need to read it again and stop trying to stir.

If you think he was laughing at the flag and not the irony of the two posts from the same poster there you’re either immensely dense or just trying to be offended.

22 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Just who do you imagine is laughing at and looking down on the England flag? Certainly not me, nor anybody else on this thread that I can see.

I would accept your saying that the St. George flag is now part of footballing culture, as for traditions it has only really been a major thing for about 30 years so a bit soon for that maybe?

And once again, it was @Cowshed being laughed at, not the flag, no matter who raised the money for it.

1 hour ago, Three Lions said:

He doesnt know why England fans carry St Georges and thinks its recent!!! 

Certainly isn't historic. I attended loads of England games in the 70s and can't remember seeing many of them then. Think it crept into terrace culture in the 80s.

I have zero issue with them though. It totally makes sense that they'll be at England games

Equally I don't have a problem with them not being on the shirt as lots of England's kits didn't carry flags in the past. The three lions - the FA's symbol - has been the one ever present. 

5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Like I said, I could not give a flying **** about any flag.

fair enough but for those of us who do, there's no way any other country would be expected to just accept this!

I'm very proud to be English and see this as yet another attempt to wipe out everything English

Like I said, can you imagine what would happen if the Palestinian Flag had its colours changed? or the Saltire going pink or the Welsh Flag ditching the Dragon

9 hours ago, Red Cloud said:

fair enough but for those of us who do, there's no way any other country would be expected to just accept this!

I'm very proud to be English and see this as yet another attempt to wipe out everything English

Like I said, can you imagine what would happen if the Palestinian Flag had its colours changed? or the Saltire going pink or the Welsh Flag ditching the Dragon

Other countries have had their flags tweaked slightly for promo purposes, and they didn't care.

6 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Tradition and part of fan culture.  

ENGLAND FANS & FLAGS CROATIA V ENGLAND LUZ STADIUM LISBON PORTUGAL 21 June  2004 Stock Photo - Alamy

Literally on the last few pages examples have been posted where Scotland, Brazil, etc have done the same thing without shitting the bed. We've done it countless times to the Union jack, whether it's Team GB or UKIP or whatever.

There is literally no reason to be even remotely bothered by this. Just shows perfectly how conditioned some of you lot are to be 'offended' on command.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Other countries have had their flags tweaked slightly for promo purposes, and they didn't care.

Literally on the last few pages examples have been posted where Scotland, Brazil, etc have done the same thing without shitting the bed. We've done it countless times to the Union jack, whether it's Team GB or UKIP or whatever.

There is literally no reason to be even remotely bothered by this. Just shows perfectly how conditioned some of you lot are to be 'offended' on command.

The one thing that stands out when such conversations come about, is how many ' types' spend ages trolling the net to find images and content, and post over and over again, to get their points across that people are conditioned and triggered and that their view is better and more reasoned. 

They seem more triggered, offended and outraged, and spend more time trying to prove how wrong others are, at having a different opinion. 

I'm not sure what's worse. 

Those that are ' offended' or those that are triggered by the ' offended'. 😂😂😂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Tradition and part of fan culture.  

ENGLAND FANS & FLAGS CROATIA V ENGLAND LUZ STADIUM LISBON PORTUGAL 21 June  2004 Stock Photo - Alamy

looks like like a tradition an history there England fans unified behind the St George if the second ones v Croatia we could be not unified behind the South Bristol flag anymore because dirty Croats pulled it down a deck and nicked it!!!

26 minutes ago, spudski said:

The one thing that stands out when such conversations come about, is how many ' types' spend ages trolling the net😂

wouldnt take ages to find England fans with St Georges would it? big tradition?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1