IGNORED

New England Kit

Super

Here's my take having not read the previous pages.

1. I am normally very fussy about these sort of national identity things.

2. For some reason, I don't mind this different cross. Maybe because it is not meant to offend, is clearly just artistic licence and the colours do work well.

3. Is it another case of the media freaking out based on some fans views rather than what the majority think? Blown out of all proportion? Bigger things to worry about?

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

No relevance to this debate 

Agree. The fact he wasn't English has no relevance in this debate.

However, in 11 pages it has grown many arms and legs which topics invariably do. If they didn't do so then these topics / debates would be very short indeed and certainly not run for 11+ pages.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

Page 1 of this thread 

It's clearly only about the colours changing, not sure why that is so difficult to understand 

No it’s fine, I get it now, only the colour matters. Was just trying to establish the parameters for being offended. A change to the form would have been fine. So no one would have complained about this. Got it. Cheers.

B9228CE0-24A1-44E6-AE9E-6C45D98BF13C.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

• Admin
20 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

No it’s fine, I get it now, only the colour matters. Was just trying to establish the parameters for being offended. A change to the form would have been fine. So no one would have complained about this. Got it. Cheers.

B9228CE0-24A1-44E6-AE9E-6C45D98BF13C.jpeg

I sometimes wonder how people get by day to day 🤦

• Like 1

• Admin
7 hours ago, phantom said:

He's not been asked on record yet, but there's a live pre match conference with him and John Stones later this morning 

SSN are reporting the publics reaction so he's sure to be asked 

But there's no way he'll publicly criticise Nike etc for fear of contractual consequences 

Pre match interview is 7:30pm this evening 

10 hours ago, richwwtk said:

How is it 'woke gone mad' what is even woke about it at all?

Looks to me like a designer just redesigned something for the sake of it, they have to earn their crust somehow!

I agree that the plain red/white cross would have been a better option there, but it really isn't woke. It's just the horizontal bar looking like it's based on the colours of the away kit and the vertical bar based on the reds that are often involved as well, so just the colours generally included on the kits. Certainly not a rainbow or anything like that.

I agree to a point. I can imagine its just re-colouring because a certain designer had an assignment to be quirky and different to previous years.

Although, I would hazard a guess that said person/people is/are that of the woke persuasion. One that is unable to respect those with tradional values. Also one that would find amusement in pushing the buttons of people with tradition values.

If a traditionalist was to design it, we wouldn't be having this debate. 

People are arguing that this is an over reaction. Possibly so. It could genuienly just be an innocent idea gone wrong.

But if people didn't voice up about it now and let this go, then next time it could evolve in to something more.

11 hours ago, richwwtk said:

How is it 'woke gone mad' what is even woke about it at all?

Looks to me like a designer just redesigned something for the sake of it, they have to earn their crust somehow!

I agree that the plain red/white cross would have been a better option there, but it really isn't woke. It's just the horizontal bar looking like it's based on the colours of the away kit and the vertical bar based on the reds that are often involved as well, so just the colours generally included on the kits. Certainly not a rainbow or anything like that.

Just a slight co-incidence its the flag in same style of the bisexual flag? Not that i care what that stands for, we just shouldnt be messing with traditional st george cross. Simple. 

• Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Just a slight co-incidence its the flag in same style of the bisexual flag? 

Except it isn't. For us a start that flag is three horizontal bars, not a cross. Also, the Nike design has red in it and a dark blue, neither of which are in the bisexual flag. The Nike design doesn't have pink either, which is in the bisexual flag.

So, in short, the only thing it has in common with the bisexual flag is mid-blue and purple.  

• Facepalm 1

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Just a slight co-incidence its the flag in same style of the bisexual flag? Not that i care what that stands for, we just shouldnt be messing with traditional st george cross. Simple. 

It's already been confirmed that it's a shout out to the training gear used in 1966!!

See pictures in previous pages 

No reason to try to create a situation not there 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's already been confirmed that it's a shout out to the training gear used in 1966!!

Probably because the anti woke idol Joey Barton posted that on twitter and his ever so helpful lemmings are out spreading the vitriol. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Looks pretty similar to me…. Im sure its just some sort of massive coincidence though. #triggered

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I find not giving a shit about the colour of a tiny flag on the back of a football shirt helps immensely.

My son's away kit arrived today, and the detail in question is actually inside the back collar- you can't even see it when it's being worn.

I'm not sure anything could be more emblematic of the entire sorry furore than that tbh.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1