Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

spudski

OTIB 'get together'....

....has there ever been one?

Would forum users be open to one...say at the end of the season in the Sports bar?

Or do most enjoy being anonymous?

I've met probably a dozen forum users, all nice people, and in some cases completely different to how you imagine.

Could be interesting...:laugh:

Few drinks...some kicking off etc.

Not even sure whether I'd be up for it tbh :laughcont:

• Like 9
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Snake 1

There were some a few years back, Football in the park, then beer in the Wedlock’s.  Shame we can’t recreate that again now.

Would be a good idea once season has finished. Might Need Julie to be there though! :laughcont:

Edited by Super
  • Haha 1

I’ve always thought this would be a good idea and probably improve relations between a few people on here. 

Although, I think that those who most would like to meet, would never actually step out from behind their keyboard and show themselves. 

Would be good though, for those who aren’t just snide, shitstirring ####wits..! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’ve always thought this would be a good idea and probably improve relations between a few people on here. 

Although, I think that those who most would like to meet, would never actually step out from behind their keyboard and show themselves. 

Would be good though, for those who aren’t just snide, shitstirring ####wits..! 

I don't think it's that bad on here, it's a busy forum about a passionate subject so obviously people are going to disagree.

Forum nerds such as you and I have probably disagreed with most of the other regular posters at one time or another. I can't remember many getting nasty, just passionate debate.

53 minutes ago, Super said:

Would be a good idea once season has finished. Might Need Julie to be there though! :laughcont:

Mmmmmm Julie :wub:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Surely you buggers see enough of my face! :fear:

:shutup:

• Like 1

At least four of us sat in S22 within a couple of seats/rows of each other. I'm up for it but with one big reservation in that the anonymity of the forum is a safeguard against extreme behaviour.

21 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

At least four of us sat in S22 within a couple of seats/rows of each other. I'm up for it but with one big reservation in that the anonymity of the forum is a safeguard against extreme behaviour.

Does not rating Marlon Pack constitute extreme behaviour ?

18 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Splitter.

I propose a one on one baton charge with her

6 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I propose a one on one baton charge with her

Calm down she won't be in uniform

12 minutes ago, Super said:

That's what I was hoping for

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Super said:

We'll probably need a poll to determine if she can attend or not...

:yawn:

• Haha 3

I'd be up for a meet up, I have quite a bad time with social anxiety, but don't think I'd struggle so much as there's regular communication of a sort on here.

Personally have already met a fair few from off here- @BobBobSuperBob, @BigAlToby&Liam, @Davefevs, @Bar BS3, @Diddlydonkey, @Vincent Vega and @cidered abroad just to name a few. Though a couple of those were just to pick up tickets, I did go up to Manchester with Al and BBSB

• Like 4

2 hours ago, spudski said:

....has there ever been one?

Would forum users be open to one...say at the end of the season in the Sports bar?

Or do most enjoy being anonymous?

I've met probably a dozen forum users, all nice people, and in some cases completely different to how you imagine.

Could be interesting...:laugh:

Few drinks...some kicking off etc.

Not even sure whether I'd be up for it tbh :laughcont:

I am anonymous. Sometimes even I don't know who I  am .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It would be the ultimate test of the stadium WiFi.

Can picture it now, everyone from OTIB who goes to the meet up scattered around the sports bar looking at their phones and slagging each other off/arguing with each other on OTIB.

Actually, that sounds like every other Saturday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Super said:

......not for long anyway!  ....by the sounds of it if Big Tone gets his way.

Slow down, Big Tone, take your time, you blew it with Dolly by being too keen, don't make the same mistakes with Julie...and hang on to your smelly cheese a bit longer.  

Play it cool this time mate and the chances are it'll soon be here taking down your particulars anyway, things will proceed from there, reckon she's the type who likes to be 'courted'..  

PS.. @BigTone you'll be under a vest in no time.

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Could have karaoke on the stadium PA!

Would be great for the shy as no bugger would be able to hear you.

Crikey Rob, if I sang, it would certainly show where the PA works as everyone would be running FROM those areas! I am to singing what Henry VIII was to marriage guidance! :redcard:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I am anonymous. Sometimes even I don't know who I  am .

It's called Senility. 

When you remember what it stands for but can't remember the last time it did!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Let's just have one big fight in Greville Smythe park. Winner gets crowned ITK.

Since the thread was started, all i could think of was this....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This is a good idea, but we need a way to identify each other. Perhaps a post it with your forum name stuck on your forehead?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

This is a good idea, but we need a way to identify each other. Perhaps a post it with your forum name stuck on your forehead?

Or to make it interesting, we pull a random username out of a hat and try and guess who we are, asking searching questions, such as ‘will I boo?’, ‘have I ever flown to Newcastle and back before a game kicks off?’ or ‘can I hear the tannoy announcements?’  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Does not rating Marlon Pack constitute extreme behaviour ?

No, just misguided.

• Like 1

Several years ago a couple of posters from otib and I were at Chesterfield away and met up with a couple of other posters - both of whom no longer post by chance.

One of the guys I was with had had several tetchy arguement with one of the others via otib and when they met there was a distinct feeling of anonymity from one to the other........

Just a warning boys and girls.........

4 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

DFS?

They wont have any left.

They got a sale on and cant see there being much stock after such a rare event ends.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Several years ago a couple of posters from otib and I were at Chesterfield away and met up with a couple of other posters - both of whom no longer post by chance.

One of the guys I was with had had several tetchy arguement with one of the others via otib and when they met there was a distinct feeling of anonymity from one to the other........

I’m sure once they meet you they’ll realise you’re alright really ;) 

I can think of about 10 people I have met from on here, mainly that I knew from the old City Mailing List meetups at the Pumphouse/Nova Scotia from about 1999 onwards.

It became a regular pre-match gathering for a fair few seasons.

I'm fairly certain the guy that sits in front of me in S24 is a regular here but no idea who he is. I just see him browsing the forum on his phone at HT quite often.

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Whips out everyone in case the forum whipping boy turns up

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No problem then unless you mean animosity? (I just love autocorrect).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1