IGNORED

Carey Farewell

nickolas

If true its the right decision. McInnes will be building a new team in this new era and it doesn't look as if Carey at 35 and increasingly injury prone is going to be part of the playing squad. Disapointing for him but fact is all players have to retire at some point and if Louis struggles with it he has his mate Scott Murray to support him.

Personally I reckon he's got another season or two in him but not in the Championship. Whether he wants to drop a league or two is another question.

Keep him on then and he will be able to do just that in a couple of seasons. :laugh: Unless the Chairman abandons this futile stadium plan and injects some real funds for Del to build a team of Players capable of challenging for the Premier League we will be sat here next year with a new manger and the same disenchanted team having the same conversations and wondering where and how our next win is going to come from.

I rekon Del is just telling Caesar what Caesar wants to hear and quite a few have already been released.

It has irked me beyond belief that many posters on here, who like to make out they are 'in the know' have sought to smear Louis with the tag of a disruptive influence in the dressing room, trouble maker and all round bad egg. Similarly people bandy the term 'legend' about in relation to players who played less than 50 games for City!! Nonsense!

As far as I am concerned, the fact that he has been picked by so many managers in his time at City and briefly at Coventry speaks for itself. He is also squeakily close to overtaking John Atyeo's tremendous appearance record at City, which is a huge testament to his loyalty, professionalism, quality and durability in the modern game. If he was a bad egg, he would have been bombed out a long time ago. No player is bigger than the club, even hugely loyal passionate locally produced players.

Louis Carey is City through and through, and if today does mark his last competitive appearance in a City shirt, he deserves every accolade he will no doubt get from the travelling fans and the management and all associated with BCFC.

Louis Carey is a legend his career speaks for itself.

Keep him on then and he will be able to do just that in a couple of seasons. :laugh: Unless the Chairman abandons this futile stadium plan and injects some real funds for Del to build a team of Players capable of challenging for the Premier League we will be sat here next year with a new manger and the same disenchanted team having the same conversations and wondering where and how our next win is going to come from.

I rekon Del is just telling Caesar what Caesar wants to hear and quite a few have already been released.

Bit of a cynical view Dave.

Its been common knowledge for ages that this summer is a major opportunity to whittle down a massive squad to a far more managable size.That obviously means that quite a number of players will be released and free up funds to strenghthen what is a fairly weak squad. Carey as club captain will be on a serious wedge and with him off the wage bill is a step in the right direction.

Whether McInnes is the right man to guide the club through this transitional period is another thread all together.

I believe that if we want to be successful then there is no room for sentimentality. Louis has been a fantastic servant to the club but I feel he has struggled at times this season resulting in a lot of fouls conceded, he got away with murder at Southampton but his performance helped galvanise the team. Thing is, would he have featured as much if our other defenders had stayed fit?

I agree with those who say it's the right time and the right decision. Superb player and absolute club legend but the team needs serious rebuilding and it makes sense for him to step aside and let new players come in.

That said, I hope we offer him a role somewhere in the club. Obviously none of us'll know for sure if he's got qualities suited for coaching or scouting but, even if not, I hope we offer him something somewhere within the club as a gesture of thanks for all he's done.

You speak so much sense mate...At least you say it like it is.

Bit of a cynical view Dave.

Its been common knowledge for ages that this summer is a major opportunity to whittle down a massive squad to a far more managable size.That obviously means that quite a number of players will be released and free up funds to strenghthen what is a fairly weak squad. Carey as club captain will be on a serious wedge and with him off the wage bill is a step in the right direction.

Whether McInnes is the right man to guide the club through this transitional period is another thread all together.

I dont consider myself to be a Cynic moreover a realist...

This Transitional period has lasted 40 years.

Our anthem should be Jam tomorrow Jam tomorrow Jam tomorrow.!

I think Mcinness is a good manager but not of the standard required to elevate City

Anyway we are Hijacking the thread... Good Luck to Carey whatever.. Hes been a loyal Clubman and there are so few of those these days. Most players dont even manage 5 or 6 years service.

I understand Louis was told, just today, that tomorrow's game will be his last.

Its a shame if true, a magnificent servant to our club and perhaps deserves more than a last farewell at Burnley.

Will be sad to see Louis not in a city shirt but i suppose these things happen.

Congrats on 600+ appearances Louis.

A midget from the circus told him, of course it was true as midgets never lie.

If true its the right decision. McInnes will be building a new team in this new era and it doesn't look as if Carey at 35 and increasingly injury prone is going to be part of the playing squad. Disapointing for him but fact is all players have to retire at some point and if Louis struggles with it he has his mate Scott Murray to support him.

Personally I reckon he's got another season or two in him but not in the Championship. Whether he wants to drop a league or two is another question.

Agree and also 2 other points, from DMC's point of view he is savvy enough not to want a player considered by many as Mr Bristol City in the background and from the fans point of view it will hopefully take out of the equation any temptation by the board the next time we are looking for a new manager to give the job to a 'legend' to royally **** up and tarnish said 'legend's' reputation at the club for all time. if he has any thought of coaching and or management learn from Tinnion and Millen's mistakes go out learn your trade earn your stripes gain a reputation and let's see at least 5 years down the road and the who knows?.

I dont consider myself to be a Cynic moreover a realist...

This Transitional period has lasted 40 years.

Our anthem should be Jam tomorrow Jam tomorrow Jam tomorrow.!

I think Mcinness is a good manager but not of the standard required to elevate City

Anyway we are Hijacking the thread... Good Luck to Carey whatever.. Hes been a loyal Clubman and there are so few of those these days. Most players dont even manage 5 or 6 years service.

What does elevate mean?? I Thought it meant take higher?? So for botttom of the league to 19th isn't 'elevating', God knows what is.

it may have escaped your attention that new rules are coming in concerning acceptable losses, without the stadium and it's revenue streams we will never be in a position to challenge in this league in fact we will almost certainly become another run of the mill 1st division club playing our games in a toilet, but i'm sure you will enjoy shaking your bucket at home games to help pay our electricity bill and if the gas get their new stadium we could quite easily become the no.2 club in the city.

I just love the way that some believe the only answer is for SL to throw his money at the club, that has failed and now we have a new manager, who has saved us from the incompetent Millens impending disaster and has a unique opportunity to change things once and for all, the difference between him and virtually every manager over the past 20 years, he is ambitious and doesn't consider BCFC as his particular zenith, he actually wants to make a success here and move on to bigger better things and not tread water, take the money and throw us the occasional scrap and tell us we know nothing and that won't happen unless he brings us some sort of success on the field. Let's at least give him that chance, jesus even Millen was given a chance.

it may have escaped your attention that new rules are coming in concerning acceptable losses, without the stadium and it's revenue streams we will never be in a position to challenge in this league in fact we will almost certainly become another run of the mill 1st division club playing our games in a toilet, but i'm sure you will enjoy shaking your bucket at home games to help pay our electricity bill and if the gas get their new stadium we could quite easily become the no.2 club in the city.

I just love the way that some believe the only answer is for SL to throw his money at the club, that has failed and now we have a new manager, who has saved us from the incompetent Millens impending disaster and has a unique opportunity to change things once and for all, the difference between him and virtually every manager over the past 20 years, he is ambitious and doesn't consider BCFC as his particular zenith, he actually wants to make a success here and move on to bigger better things and not tread water, take the money and throw us the occasional scrap and tell us we know nothing and that won't happen unless he brings us some sort of success on the field. Let's at least give him that chance, jesus even Millen was given a chance.

Bang on EMB.

It has irked me beyond belief that many posters on here, who like to make out they are 'in the know' have sought to smear Louis with the tag of a disruptive influence in the dressing room, trouble maker and all round bad egg. Similarly people bandy the term 'legend' about in relation to players who played less than 50 games for City!! Nonsense!

As far as I am concerned, the fact that he has been picked by so many managers in his time at City and briefly at Coventry speaks for itself. He is also squeakily close to overtaking John Atyeo's tremendous appearance record at City, which is a huge testament to his loyalty, professionalism, quality and durability in the modern game. If he was a bad egg, he would have been bombed out a long time ago. No player is bigger than the club, even hugely loyal passionate locally produced players.

Louis Carey is City through and through, and if today does mark his last competitive appearance in a City shirt, he deserves every accolade he will no doubt get from the travelling fans and the management and all associated with BCFC.

Louis Carey is a legend his career speaks for itself.

Spot on, an appaling amount of respect for a modern day legend

If he is finishing, then it is a Crying shame he wasn't given the chance of a proper send off against Barnsley after the final whistle. Not many players will will come close to the appearances he has put in.

Maybe there is some sort Of farewell match in line for him?

If he is finishing, then it is a Crying shame he wasn't given the chance of a proper send off against Barnsley after the final whistle. Not many players will will come close to the appearances he has put in.

Maybe there is some sort Of farewell match in line for him?

Gerry Gow's testimonial maybe ?

It would certainly swell the crowd even more.

It is true wait and see i promise this, and i think it is a joke that he is not given another year's contract let alone not even being given a farewell send off he deserves more than that. McInnes you fool !

Don't doubt you, I guess we shall in the way he acts after the game. I'm sure he will give a interview as well

I understand Louis was told, just today, that tomorrow's game will be his last.

Its a shame if true, a magnificent servant to our club and perhaps deserves more than a last farewell at Burnley.

Will be sad to see Louis not in a city shirt but i suppose these things happen.

Congrats on 600+ appearances Louis.

No surprise, a legend!

I'm more interested in who else was told the same thing actually!

I hope it's not true, I also find it shamefull that after 600 games and showing true passion for City, some on here can't show a bit more respect for him.

Indeed.

Wonder if they have a backroom role set up for him?!

I know he said in the past when he was finished at city, he wouldn't play for another club.

Archived