IGNORED

Carey Farewell

nickolas

Indeed.

Wonder if they have a backroom role set up for him?!

I know he said in the past when he was finished at city, he wouldn't play for another club.

Don't know if this is true or not, but doubt if he would really be up to a new start at a new club TRL.

18 league appearances for City may be seen as OK by some, but it's probably not enough to command a contract elsewhere at 35/36. Rovers a slim possibility, because he wouldn't have to up sticks and, of course, he married into a gas family.

Certainly hope no backroom role is created for him, the club needs to be more professional than this jobs for the boys mentality.

If he's going then goodbye and good luck to him, he's been a great servant to the club.

Don't know if this is true or not, but doubt if he would really be up to a new start at a new club TRL.

18 league appearances for City may be seen as OK by some, but it's probably not enough to command a contract elsewhere at 35/36. Rovers a slim possibility, because he wouldn't have to up sticks and, of course, he married into a gas family.

Certainly hope no backroom role is created for him, the club needs to be more professional than this jobs for the boys mentality.

If he's going then goodbye and good luck to him, he's been a great servant to the club.

Agreed on all counts.

Certainly a great servant. It will be some time before we see a player make as many appearances for the club...if ever. Been a part of some very memorable City sides. The very best of luck to Louis if this is his last game. Shame that the fixtures didn't fall right for him to have a big send off at the Gate.

I hope it's not true, I also find it shamefull that after 600 games and showing true passion for City, some on here can't show a bit more respect for him.

I don't see any lack of respect for Carey, what I see is a lot of respect, love and support, but sometimes in life when it's over it's over, he has been well paid for his efforts and should enjoy a comfortable life be it in or out of football. I for one believe that the lessons of the past need to be learnt here, if he stays in the game learn his trade somewhere away from AG, that way the next time it all goes wrong the board are not tempted to give the managers job to another legend believing a) it will appease the fans and b) it might actually work this time, a legend who is not ready but will royally **** it up as in the past and lose part of his reputation into the bargain, i'm sure all of the plaudits will come when Carey or the club actually tell us what is happening.

I really can't envisage him playing for the blue few, even with a Gas family.

Will he have a testimonial?? He certainly deserves a Ashton Gate send off.

Why? He left City for Coventry when he wanted more money.

Plus why should any player have a testimonial when they earn enough in their careers to be made for life? Taking money off the fans via a testimonial stinks imo. Unless of course all revenue went to charity.................

I'm sure carey will take a pay-cut, just sign him to a 1 year deal. Or even as a coach, with a pay as you play contract. He's a great asset to have in the changing room, and even with his decreasing fitness, he's proved himself capable over the past couple of months.

I'm sure carey will take a pay-cut, just sign him to a 1 year deal. Or even as a coach, with a pay as you play contract. He's a great asset to have in the changing room, and even with his decreasing fitness, he's proved himself capable over the past couple of months.

Correct

The tears suggest otherwise.

Let's just leave the decisions to Derek.

Goodbye to a City legend- if they only told him yesterday then it's perhaps a bit shabby but hey City have handled a number of things in a shabby manner down the years.

Have seen a few games this year, especially under McInnes and I maintain- he is our ONLY Central defender who can bring the ball out from the back. Only one with genuine comfort on the ball from what I've seen- Amogou is prone to lapses in possession, Nyatanga is technically awful, Fontaine again not so comfortable on the ball- we could maybe miss that, even though Carey is getting on a bit.

Because we have made this mistake before, the manager needs to be able to make all of his own decisions about his staff and sentimentality does not come into it, I am sure DMC will not want somebody with his attachment to BCFC lurking in the background, would you?.

Plus why should any player have a testimonial when they earn enough in their careers to be made for life? Taking money off the fans via a testimonial stinks imo. Unless of course all revenue went to charity.................

You sir post some absolute bollox

You're quite sad, aren't you?

Archived