IGNORED

Carey Farewell

nickolas

In that case lets all forget about John Atyeo etc, he wasn't a life saver. Take his name off the stand.

I'm talking about Carey in football terms you moron.

Well said young man. What is wrong with people on here - got nothing to ****** moan about as we finished the season 8 unbeaten so they go looking for a bloody argument. Pathetic.

In that case lets all forget about John Atyeo etc, he wasn't a life saver. Take his name off the stand.

I'm talking about Carey in football terms you moron.

Temper, Temper, Atyeo didn't go to Coventry and earned a pittance by comparison and had to work when his career finished, just like another legend who is deserving of his testimonial the great Gerry Gow.

I thought testimonials were usually for ten years service? Carey came back in 05. I am always surprised the love in some fans have for him, he's just an average player - never rated him as highly as others.

I haven't read all this thread. Are people seriously suggesting he had a testimonial??! Get in the real world.

Temper, Temper, Atyeo didn't go to Coventry and earned a pittance by comparison and had to work when his career finished, just like another legend who is deserving of his testimonial the great Gerry Gow.

So what if he earned a pittance? It's obviously unfortunate that he has to carry on working but that isn't anything to do with Louis.

As for people who cannot get over him moving to Coventry.. get over it. The fact is he's still racked up 600+ games for us and deserves a lot respect and people should be grateful.

I haven't read all this thread. Are people seriously suggesting he had a testimonial??! Get in the real world.

Maybe, I'm not sure but it had been mentioned. At the end of the day he was a good servant but we've had better CB's. I'm not sad to see him go, if he does, club needs improvements.

I am genuinely staggered that a player who has played over 600 games for City cannot be simply celebrated and congratulated for the longevity of his career which may be coming to an end.

It makes you wonder doesn't it.. what does a player have to do for a testimonial?

I hope the club give him one just to pi** off those who does not think he deserves one.

'Fair enough, but so what?' Beggars belief. You are unbelievable!! Is Carey Special? Yes would appear to be the answer from most right minded people. Under your avatar you describe yourself as a 'sage'. Perhaps you should team up with an onion and get stuffed you bitter and malevolent individual.

I got no problem with Carey at all. Like I say good player and top bloke but ultimately he's been very fortunate to have firstly made it as a professional footballer and secondly to have had such a long career. 600 games is quite an achievement but all this outpouring of gush and slush is a bit creepy. He's just an ordinary bloke whose been blessed with the ability to play football to a decent standard and he's reaped the benefits of that ability.

All players retire at some point and Carey will be replaced and who knows maybe the next player will be better?

Has this been confirmed by the club or player yet?

Haven't seen anything official, but if reports of Carey's conduct at the end are true, that's as good as.

what does a player have to do for a testimonial?

Usually 10 consecutive years of service, loyalty etc. Carey has done over 10 years but not consecutively so shouldn't have one.

Testimonials are a load of shit these days anyway - the point initially was to celebrate but also have the players one last pay cheque. Pro's earn enough these days to really have these.

So what if he earned a pittance? It's obviously unfortunate that he has to carry on working but that isn't anything to do with Louis.

As for people who cannot get over him moving to Coventry.. get over it. The fact is he's still racked up 600+ games for us and deserves a lot respect and people should be grateful.

Again I cannot see any lack of respect from anybody, I love Louis, great player, great servant and a local lad, I do not happen to think a testimonial (in the strictest sense) is warranted, that is my opinion, because testimonials were originally for players to have a little nest egg at the end of their careers and not to add to their already considerable wealth.

OTIB really has gone down the drain with the few morons refusing to acknowledge the dedication/commitment a fellow Bristolian who's played over 600+ games has put into this club.

Much easier to moan about the wages he receives or the cost of a testimonial (which surely wouldn't effect them, as they'd not be going to it anyway, considering they abhor the idea of it so much?)

It's a thread called 'Carey Farewell' but for some they intentionally enter it with the aim of showing a complete lack of respect to an individual who has done so much for this club. Pathetic.

Carey will be replaced and who knows maybe the next player will be better?

Hope so, otherwise why are we (seemingly) getting rid.

I think looking back over the season Carey has made a good contribution to the cause (esp Soton away where he was immense). I would be glad if he bows out now having played his part, rather than sentiment getting in the way and him costing us.

Usually 10 consecutive years of service, loyalty etc. Carey has done over 10 years but not consecutively so shouldn't have one.

Testimonials are a load of shit these days anyway - the point initially was to celebrate but also have the players one last pay cheque. Pro's earn enough these days to really have these.

Is there a law that they have to do 10 years of consecutive service? If so then fair enough

I am absolutely gutted. My heart wants him to stay but my head admits it is time to move on.

I trust Del to make the correct amendments to the squad, and believe he will have the correct vision for this club.

Whether he is rated as a player by some or not, were we not all crying out for passion and desire to be shown by some players a month or so ago to prove they cared about this club!? The bloke was in tears at the end of the game and clearly cares a lot about the club.

Of course, he has seen better days but he never ever let us down. I expect it will be the same people moaning again when we have players that couldn't care less about the badge on the shirt they are wearing.

Is it beyond some people on here to do anything other than moan and criticise!?

If this is the end Louis, then thank you for all the good times. You are a City legend and I wish you all the very best in whatever it is you do next.

OTIB really has gone down the drain with the few morons refusing to acknowledge the dedication/commitment a fellow Bristolian who's played over 600+ games has put into this club.

Much easier to moan about the wages he receives or the cost of a testimonial (which surely wouldn't effect them, as they'd not be going to it anyway, considering they abhor the idea of it so much?)

It's a thread called 'Carey Farewell' but for some they intentionally enter it with the aim of showing a complete lack of respect to an individual who has done so much for this club. Pathetic.

Spot on. Shameful,the amount of idiots on this thread. Go and support the bloody gas.

The OP was a complete moan and had little to do with a farewell, as I said I cannot see any disrespect whatsoever, so I don't know what you have been reading, all I see is love and respect, the only contention is the testimonial issue.

Is there a law that they have to do 10 years of consecutive service? If so then fair enough

Can't see many players getting a testimonial these days if that's the criterion.

I would imagine having our second all time highest club appearances would qualify you though. In the eyes of most sane persons. :)

You do know they do give the money to charity don't you...

It's amazing in a thread named 'Carey Farewell' where people are paying their respects and wishing him well, Robbored, Esmond and a couple of other plums have come on here complaining about it saying people shouldn't do it...

I can only imagine what you'd lot would be like a funeral!? "Excuse me, what has this person done to be buried? They don't deserve it. EVERYONE STOP PAYING THEIR RESPECTS NOW"

You do know they do give the money to charity don't you...

It's amazing in a thread named 'Carey Farewell' where people are paying their respects and wishing him well, Robbored, Esmond and a couple of other plums have come on here complaining about it saying people shouldn't do it...

I can only imagine what you'd lot would be like a funeral!? "Excuse me, what has this person done to be buried? They don't deserve it. EVERYONE STOP PAYING THEIR RESPECTS NOW"

Really, that is a fact?, since when?.

Archived