IGNORED

Carey Farewell

nickolas

By your theory he would never end up leaving the club. He has to go sometime. For me should of been last season.

Not at all.

My thinking is simply that, if as expected, a large number of players are to be shown the door, it will mean quite a large influx of new players.

Louis Carey could be the ideal player to aid them in getting their feet under the proverbial table, and with 600 appearances you'd think new players coming into the club would respect him for the career he's had and, in turn, maybe his presence would allow these players to settle more quickly?

If it was just one or two in and out, I think I would agree with you Bangers, but I think most of us are expecting/anticipating a lot of changes in personel for 2012/2013.

I'm not one for sentiment, but I simply think Louis Carey could be a big help next season....................

More so than Scott Murray!

Not at all.

My thinking is simply that, if as expected, a large number of players are to be shown the door, it will mean quite a large influx of new players.

Louis Carey could be the ideal player to aid them in getting their feet under the proverbial table, and with 600 appearances you'd think new players coming into the club would respect him for the career he's had and, in turn, maybe his presence would allow these players to settle more quickly?

If it was just one or two in and out, I think I would agree with you Bangers, but I think most of us are expecting/anticipating a lot of changes in personel for 2012/2013.

I'm not one for sentiment, but I simply think Louis Carey could be a big help next season....................

More so than Scott Murray!

or a big hindrance if you are DMC, having a player of 'legend' status in the background and once DMC leaves a great temptation for the board to go once more for the cheap option and ruin another legends standing with the fans.

Hear, hear. I've been a city supporter for over 50 years (yes, I know, sad, isn't it?) and Louie stands out as one of the greats - and we've had precious few of those recently...

I will bow down to your 50 years supporting the club and one of the best in by 30+ years and would make my best 11 team!

Just remember that 600+ games for one club is special and we whould all like to say good bye to him at the gate.

or a big hindrance if you are DMC, having a player of 'legend' status in the background and once DMC leaves a great temptation for the board to go once more for the cheap option and ruin another legends standing with the fans.

Don't be daft!

If McInnes leaves, then surely Mr Lansdown will give Mr Guardiola a call...

It's Louis Carey we're discussing............. Not John Terry!!

I very much doubt that Carey struts around the place like an over opinionated "legend".

Having read some of the utter bollox on this thread I thought I would bring back the original post

Louis has been a great player and has played one of our highest games totals.

This man deserves more than a little respect and not have a thread aimed at stating just that hijacked by some of the most self serving inane drivel I have ever read...

Perhaps a new thread should be started with just a bit more respect to the boy!

Thanks Lewis we will remember you for days to come! :clap:

Exactly why i started it.

Great servant. Great player. One of our greats without question.

Congrats on a fabulous BCFC career Louis.

We dont want decent. We want someone to take our defence to an other level.....Fact is, he would be behind Fonts, Tangs and Wilson not to mention new signings.

Trouble is, he was this season, but still came in, replaced them and out performed most of them at his age.

If he is to go, We need someone really good, a lot better than those still there to replace him. If we don't, it will be a bad decision to let him go. If we do, fair enough

We dont want decent. We want someone to take our defence to an other level.....Fact is, he would be behind Fonts, Tangs and Wilson not to mention new signings.

I see, like he was behind them pulling us out of this shit at the end of this season with his colossus performances? forest away for one.

By your post i bloody well hope del boy got some exceptional signings coming in with the same heart & leadership carey has had for the city cause?

i will be watching with interest.

Trouble is, he was this season, but still came in, replaced them and out performed most of them at his age.

If he is to go, We need someone really good, a lot better than those still there to replace him. If we don't, it will be a bad decision to let him go. If we do, fair enough

Personally I think that is rubbish. For every good performance he put in (Forest) there were a handfull of 0-3's and a 0-5......He has been no different to Tangs, in actual fact i'd say Nyatanga (considering he was crocked) was better throughout the season than LC. People are forgetting how average, and on occasions POOR, Carey was earlier in the season.

I think in recent weeks his contributions have been over-hyped, he was good at Forest away, but it was Amougou and Gerken who shone defensively.

A club legend, but it's time for him to go. IMO. and it looks like Del, the manager, agrees.....must make me right no?

Personally I think that is rubbish. For every good performance he put in (Forest) there were a handfull of 0-3's and a 0-5......He has been no different to Tangs, in actual fact i'd say Nyatanga (considering he was crocked) was better throughout the season than LC. People are forgetting how average, and on occasions POOR, Carey was earlier in the season.

I think in recent weeks his contributions have been over-hyped, he was good at Forest away, but it was Amougou and Gerken who shone defensively.

A club legend, but it's time for him to go. IMO. and it looks like Del, the manager, agrees.....must make me right no?

Time to go for me as well, but i don't believe he is as bad as you make out, to flip it, I though Amougou got gradually worse. Where as Carey's stay roughly the same, you get consistency, rather than brilliance one game, then awful the next (I am not referring to Amougou here in case you thought I was)

Time to go for me as well, but i don't believe he is as bad as you make out, to flip it, I though Amougou got gradually worse. Where as Carey's stay roughly the same, you get consistency, rather than brilliance one game, then awful the next (I am not referring to Amougou here in case you thought I was)

No, let me get this straight, I am NOT calling LC bad.....I am definately not saying that. he has bad and good games like everyone else. But I don't think he has been nearly as good as others are making out, and certainly not done enough to get a new deal......I dont understand the relevance of your last line.....I dont think anyone has been brilliant then awful.....consistantly awful perhaps.

The last few games have completely clouded people's opinion.

As I understood this thread, it was not about whether he should be retained or not (there are fair opposing views here) or the merits or otherwise of testimonials, which again is worthy of debate, its about a player who has played over 600 games to this club and may have played his last game.

The second most capped player by Bristol City. Ever.

As such, I for one applaud him, and wish him all the very best in whatever he now chooses to do, and say, quite simply, 'thank you'.

:city: I was at his first game at York and at Burnley today I do hope that it was not his last but the way he reacted after the game I think it was.

Its a pity as I would have loved him to get the record for appearances and feel that he is still good enough to be in the squad especially after his performance today.

We will never see his like again as most player only play for 2 or 3 seasons before moving on.

Thank you Louis,,,,,you ARE a legend !

Most people on here disgust me. Now I don't post on here much more because of all the b******s that's said and this is why.

Louis Carey's not allowed to celebrate his 17 year career at BCFC?! All be it with a spell at Cov.

In my opinion this is a bad mistake by Del. I believe he has one more year in him. When he has played he's looked solid and has sured up our defence. Today, along with Bolasie, he was our man of the match. Forest game, put himself on the line.

We need him for at least one more year. With all the changes that will be going on we need his experience and leadership in the dressing room.

Thanks for what you've done Louis, almost made myself cry when you cried on the pitch after the game today - it shows what City means to you, we don't get players like you very often anymore. Thank you, you've served this club well. Legend.

So what is his total games for city after today?

Posted on citys website sat 2nd april 2011 carey on 603 he must have played more since?

Could of let carey go for Atyeos 645 record? he still got a season in him...

http://www.bcfc.co.u...1267327,00.html

I just worked it out as 627 (think that's right)

He only played 1 more game last season after April plus 21 this season and the 2 cup games.

He didn't half get close!

Soccerbase makes it 625.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=9332&season_id=140

Don't be daft!

If McInnes leaves, then surely Mr Lansdown will give Mr Guardiola a call...

It's Louis Carey we're discussing............. Not John Terry!!

I very much doubt that Carey struts around the place like an over opinionated "legend".

of course we have never done this have we, it was all a dream, Tinnion and Millen never happened, thank god for that then.

of course we have never done this have we, it was all a dream, Tinnion and Millen never happened, thank god for that then.

No it wasn't a dream EMB. It really did happen.

The then peoples chumpion came forward from the shadows to seize power and drag our club back five years.

But surely you don't think Carey has the same agenda?

My reasoning is simple.

Carey would be as good a squad player as any you can pick up in the summer.

Yes, his age is against him, but he will put his body on the line for Bristol City.

A 12 month contract, or pay as you play wouldn't undermine Mr McInnes.

In many City fans' eyes, Murray is a bigger "legend" thank Carey. It hasn't stopped Mr McInnes bringing him back into the fold.

I would like to think our manager is a bigger man than one who releases players, for fear of the whispering shadows within the Senate.

No it wasn't a dream EMB. It really did happen.

The then peoples chumpion came forward from the shadows to seize power and drag our club back five years.

But surely you don't think Carey has the same agenda?

My reasoning is simple.

Carey would be as good a squad player as any you can pick up in the summer.

Yes, his age is against him, but he will put his body on the line for Bristol City.

A 12 month contract, or pay as you play wouldn't undermine Mr McInnes.

In many City fans' eyes, Murray is a bigger "legend" thank Carey. It hasn't stopped Mr McInnes bringing him back into the fold.

I would like to think our manager is a bigger man than one who releases players, for fear of the whispering shadows within the Senate.

it's not Carey's agenda that worries me it's the thought process of the people who gave Tinnion and Millen the job in the first place.

Archived