IGNORED

Carey Farewell

nickolas

A true legend without doubt but its a two way thing. Louis has been handsomely paid whilst he's been here.

Sad if he is to be released but their cant be no sentiment in football, You need to be ruthless and it looks likes Del is doing that.

Keeping Carey as back up to a new CB is simply blocking the path of James Wilson who only signed a new 3yr contract recently.

I can only imagine that was in Del thinking, I just hope Wlson is over his injuries.

Goodbye and good luck to Louis. A true City legend.

You're quite sad, aren't you?

Because my opinion is different to yours?

Carey has been a professional footballer for around 18 years and in that time would have earned a substancial amount of money, particularly the last few seasons as captain. He'll have PFA pension, and never need to work again should he choose not to.

Why should he ( or any similair player) have a testimonial where ordinary fans on ordinary wages cough up their own dosh that go straight into Carey's already substancial bank account? Its morally wrong.

If you want to give the already weathy Louis Carey money then feel free to do so.

Testimonials are fine when money raised go charity just as it did in the case of Niall Quinn.

So what if he went to Coventry, what is important is that when he came back he gave nothing but 100%.

600+ appearances for one club is something you don't see very often and should be applauded.

The bloke is a legend of BCFC and for someone who hasn't been around very long to see the other legends, he has been a inspiration and an idol.

Still not confirmed, but let's not forget LC stated he hadn't expected to get a contract for this season, let alone now expecting one for next.

So, if he's being released now, he probably thinks of this season as being an unexpected bonus anyway.

It's bound to be emotional for him whenever he leaves the club, even if he realises himself that it is the correct and fair decision.

For sharing an opinion?

Nobody says you have to agree with it, and just because you don't, it doesn't make the poster "sad".

Yes for his opinion that Louis Carey, who has played over 600+ games for the club and is 2nd on our all time appearence list, doesn't deserve a testimonial.

Most probably because he doesn't want to see GJ back for his testimonial.

So what if he went to Coventry, what is important is that when he came back he gave nothing but 100%.

600+ appearances for one club is something you don't see very often and should be applauded.

The bloke is a legend of BCFC and for someone who hasn't been around very long to see the other legends, he has been a inspiration and an idol.

I don't have anything but respect for Carey, good reliable player and top bloke.

I do have a problem with wealthy footballers accepting money off their fans via a testimonial.

Because my opinion is different to yours?

Carey has been a professional footballer for around 18 years and in that time would have earned a substancial amount of money, particularly the last few seasons as captain. He'll have PFA pension, and never need to work again should he choose not to.

Why should he ( or any similair player) have a testimonial where ordinary fans on ordinary wages cough up their own dosh that go straight into Carey's already substancial bank account? Its morally wrong.

If you want to give the already weathy Louis Carey money then feel free to do so.

Testimonials are fine when money raised go charity just as it did in the case of Niall Quinn.

But , you keep going on about money. He deserves a testimonial so we can say thanks for over 600 games service to the club we all love(including him) He has put his body on the line time and again. how many times has he broken his nose, cut his eyes or forehead open for the cause. Yes he is doing something we would of all love to do but he was good enough to do it. As a proud Bristolian as well. Thank you Louis.

I do have a problem with wealthy footballers accepting money off their fans via a testimonial.

I'd guess that all or at least 99% of player who have a testimonial do give the money raised to charity/supporters club/etc.

Unless you're saying Carey just wants to take our money?

Yes for his opinion that Louis Carey, who has played over 600+ games for the club and is 2nd on our all time appearence list, doesn't deserve a testimonial.

Have a testimonial by all means but with all revenue raised going to charity. That way everyones a winner. Carey gets one final game and the fans get the chance to applaud him. Charities also benefit.

Louis Carey absolute BCFC legend.....a class act and someone who truley loves the club.

But the right decision made, his time has come....its now an opportunity for the likes of Wilson and Nyatanga have a run.

Thanks for everything Louis, no doubt you will stillh ave a prominant role at the club

Have a testimonial by all means but with all revenue raised going to charity. That way everyones a winner. Carey gets one final game and the fans get the chance to applaud him. Charities also benefit.

Which is what happens in 99% of testimonials nowadays.

You seem to have completely missed the point of what a testimonial is for.

A true legend without doubt but its a two way thing. Louis has been handsomely paid whilst he's been here.

Well, they are all paid handsomely while they are here, aren't they?

I don't have a problem with LC being released provided McInnes thinks he can bring in as good a CB as a replacement. Wilson isn't quite there yet.

Now hang on.. Louis Carey is a local lad who's gone on to become our second ever highest appearance maker.

That is some accolade which has given him legendary status. He deserves better than 'so what?'

O great a grip and stop nickpicking the smallest thing. He's a footballer not a ******* lifesaver.

Come on, some of the out pouring of grief is beyond belief, how will these people feel when they actually lose a relative or a loved one, let's have some perspective here please.

It's not an outpouring of grief, what's wrong with being sad to see one of your City heroes leave the club. And excuse me but you know **** all about who on here has lost a loved one, so please spare me your cynicism.

He's not dead buddy.

Who pissed on your chips anyway? **** me, talk about an overreaction to a few people wanting to express a bit of (mild) sadness at seeing a man who's made 600 appearances leave the club. This is laughable stuff, I'm done with this. Bye!!

Why?

Is Carey special in some way? Played 600 or so games for City, fair enough but so what?

'Fair enough, but so what?' Beggars belief. You are unbelievable!! Is Carey Special? Yes would appear to be the answer from most right minded people. Under your avatar you describe yourself as a 'sage'. Perhaps you should team up with an onion and get stuffed you bitter and malevolent individual.

Most probably because he doesn't want to see GJ back for his testimonial.

I thought testimonials were usually for ten years service? Carey came back in 05. I am always surprised the love in some fans have for him, he's just an average player - never rated him as highly as others.

Archived