IGNORED

It May Not Be Such A Good Summer! Latest Gas News!

Philly The Kid

Unbelievable.

It's one thing privately exploring avenues, even spurious ones, but to shamelessly announce it on the official website in a cringe statement...only rovers could do that.

Yup, some things are better left unsaid.

I'm all for openness and transparency but there are some things that should be kept in the boardroom.

Can someone change the title of this thread, it's really not fitting!!

I've added a reference to the Gas. I really don't like changing titles without the agreement of the thread starter, but I guess you are thinking like I am that too many people might miss out this important development!

"led to Wycombe wrongfully obtaining a competitive advantage over Bristol Rovers."

Sorry if this has been addressed, but in what way did Wycombe obtain an advantage??? They were , rightly , fined for a transfer which took place 4 years ago which didn't involve the gas in any way... wheres the connection??

"led to Wycombe wrongfully obtaining a competitive advantage over Bristol Rovers."

Sorry if this has been addressed, but in what way did Wycombe obtain an advantage??? They were , rightly , fined for a transfer which took place 4 years ago which didn't involve the gas in any way... wheres the connection??

It's typical Horse Puncher speak to be honest. In other words find out half the facts and then twist them to suit your argument.

mmmm, i get it, they are suggesting that even though the offense is from four years ago they have only just been punished and should, retrospectively. lose points.

From what i have read Wycombe co-operated and agreed to a 10k fine as long as no further action was taken, indeed the chairman bought it to the FA's attention.

Straws? clutching at? Lawyers rubbing hands together???

Where will it end? If the horse punchers get away with this, what about the clubs at the top end who may have lost to Wycombe therefore depriving them of possible auto promotion or a play off spot? Demand the points back??

They better have some evidence to back this up as the words "may be others" is basically accusing Wycombe of cheating. Hopefully Wycombe are clean and the equine abusers get docked 20 points for falsely accusing a fellow professional team.

mmmm, i get it, they are suggesting that even though the offense is from four years ago they have only just been punished and should, retrospectively. lose points.

From what i have read Wycombe co-operated and agreed to a 10k fine as long as no further action was taken, indeed the chairman bought it to the FA's attention.

Straws? clutching at? Lawyers rubbing hands together???

Gas spunking more money they haven't got as well! :yes:

This from a Wycombe fan:

In all the comments below I don't think I've seen anyone say clearly enough, for me at any rate, how utterly despicable this action is by Bristol Rovers.

The desire to save their own League place by getting another club into trouble is bad enough - promotion and relegation should be decided on the pitch in all but the most exceptional of circumstances (I'm thinking Boston United here).

But in this case, Rovers aren't even pointing to a clear breach of rules, let alone one by the current owners of the club. They are trying to stretch a rule to a situation where it was most unlikely to have been intended to apply. They are taking a highly legalistic approach to something where there have clearly suffered no direct or even indirect detriment.

In the unlikely event that we're found guilty of something here, and I stress that I think that is seriously unlikely, then a fine is more likely than a points deduction - particularly a points deduction for a different season than that in which the alleged offence occurred. If that were to happen, Rovers would have damaged us without even the pathetic justification of saving their own skins.

Utterly, utterly contemptible. They should be ashamed.

This from a Wycombe fan:

In all the comments below I don't think I've seen anyone say clearly enough, for me at any rate, how utterly despicable this action is by Bristol Rovers.

The desire to save their own League place by getting another club into trouble is bad enough - promotion and relegation should be decided on the pitch in all but the most exceptional of circumstances (I'm thinking Boston United here).

But in this case, Rovers aren't even pointing to a clear breach of rules, let alone one by the current owners of the club. They are trying to stretch a rule to a situation where it was most unlikely to have been intended to apply. They are taking a highly legalistic approach to something where there have clearly suffered no direct or even indirect detriment.

In the unlikely event that we're found guilty of something here, and I stress that I think that is seriously unlikely, then a fine is more likely than a points deduction - particularly a points deduction for a different season than that in which the alleged offence occurred. If that were to happen, Rovers would have damaged us without even the pathetic justification of saving their own skins.

Utterly, utterly contemptible. They should be ashamed.

Well said that man, I concur 100%

Is anyone actually surprised?

Some clubs are ran well,

Some clubs are ran not so well,

Some clubs spunk money at success,

Some clubs spunk money at mediocrity,

Some clubs just have any money,

Some clubs promote youth academy's,

Some clubs have good scouting set ups!

But that club are the biggest bunch of theiving, swindling, cheating, ground stealing, match fixing fixing, moraless, sister *******, horse punching pikey scum!

Here's the letter if nobody else has already posted it...

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/documents/fl-let235-1575808.pdf

Nice to see they set the letter out in about the most idiotic way possible.

Is there really any need to quote their own rules back to the league verbatim?

And if you do, would it look better as an appendix/separate attachment?

Maybe they get paid per page, or word. Or are just operating on the mistaken assumption that more = more?

Good grief, Bristol Rovers - the team that just keeps giving......just when I thought I'd stopped laughing at you, you give me more to tickle my laughter buds, you truly are incredible!

Be a man, take defeat & disappointment on the chin - see Kipling's 'If' poem, not Kipling's Apple pie, Mr Piggs.........we'd have at least a pinch of credibility for you if you took relegation square on and fought back where it counts, on the pitch.  But no......

While you're at it, why not write to the Premier League about not being included in the 20 club elite since it was formed, or the National Lottery for not winning the top prize despite constantly buying a ticket, or for DIY SOS for not turning up to renovate the Mem.

Perhaps we should write to the Football league claiming Dean Windass was too old & grey to be playing at Wembley - FFS!

Just a bunch of pikey losers, I hope the FA treat your claim with the contempt it deserves and deduct you points for messing about!!!

Still non league, still non league.

Good grief, Bristol Rovers - the team that just keeps giving......just when I thought I'd stopped laughing at you, you give me more to tickle my laughter buds, you truly are incredible!

Be a man, take defeat & disappointment on the chin - see Kipling's 'If' poem, not Kipling's Apple pie, Mr Piggs.........we'd have at least a pinch of credibility for you if you took relegation square on and fought back where it counts, on the pitch.  But no......

While you're at it, why not write to the Premier League about not being included in the 20 club elite since it was formed, or the National Lottery for not winning the top prize despite constantly buying a ticket, or for DIY SOS for not turning up to renovate the Mem.

Perhaps we should write to the Football league claiming Dean Windass was too old & grey to be playing at Wembley - FFS!

Just a bunch of pikey losers, I hope the FA treat your claim with the contempt it deserves and deduct you points for messing about!!!

Still non league, still non league.

You're on to something there..

Archived