IGNORED

It May Not Be Such A Good Summer! Latest Gas News!

Philly The Kid

Hell hath no fury like an agent who doesn't get his wedge.

I do have a shred of sympathy for the average Joe who's a fan. I work with a few and the banter is always friendly, but they are being led right up the garden path and having their hopes raised by a chairman desperate to hide his own inadequacies and the way the club has been mismanaged.

Most of the ones I speak to just want to get on and start the season and support the club, whatever league they're in.

Hell hath no fury like an agent who doesn't get his wedge.

I do have a shred of sympathy for the average Joe who's a fan. I work with a few and the banter is always friendly, but they are being led right up the garden path and having their hopes raised by a chairman desperate to hide his own inadequacies and the way the club has been mismanaged.

Most of the ones I speak to just want to get on and start the season and support the club, whatever league they're in.

Gashead in my work this morning "I think it's disgraceful and sour grapes, WE should be deducted 20 points not Wycombe".

Shows there are some sensible ones knocking about...

I sadly spent the last 4 days watching my wifes grandad die from copd. Saturday and sunday were horrific, watching the end come and knowing the inevitable.

Monday, different story, rallied knew who we were and we thought maybe.....

Yesterday morning, we were all called in and the end came.

When death comes there's always a rally, one last glimmer of hope. If you care then you cling to it and see what isnt there.

Rovers are gone and everyone on the outside knows it.

I expect they do as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27602961

heres the latest, Rovers have admited they are following this course of action after being advised by banned agent phil smith,

Wycombe used sell on clause money to pay off debt to their previous owner this is what rovers thinks accounts to 3rd party ownership,

For me this is good finacial sense by wycombe nothing else, they are using money to pay off debts,

seems to me both Smith and rovers are coming across as bitter and twisted,

Intrestingly enough all this was mentioned to the FL 2 years ago when the supporters trust took over the club which the FL retified,

MHO

Wycombe have no case to answer rovers should be fined for bring the game in to disrepute and Smith should have his suspended ban lifted and face the full 2 years

Surely if any club has cheated/broke rules they should be punished (if it Rovers who were being investigated you'd be demanding a 2 league demotion!)

You mean like when NLBR forgot to cover the Minimal Patch and called off its game against Stockport, and gained a competitive advantage against us in the JPT?

BREAKING NEWS.

It has come to the attention of Bristol Rovers Football Club that Bristol city council have admitted culpability in a case of gross negligence involving a claim by a senior citizen relating to uneven paving, which quite possibly caused BRFC to suffer a disadvantage which ultimately lead to their relegation from the football league.

Mr Will Fallingoff of 37 Letsby Avenue, Westbury, suffered a fall in july 2002 which caused him to injure his fifth finger.

As a result of which, he was unable to collect his daughter from temple meads train station who was due to visit her brother in southmead with a view to buying his Caravan.

It is believed that the proceeds from this sale were intended as part of the man's savings towards a season ticket for 2013/14, in the double-discounted tented section number 4 (behind pillar).

It is considered by the club's lawyers - Pullyer & Pantsdown - to be a crucial factor in Rovers relegation, since due to the fall the caravan remained unsold and he was unable to raise enough funds for a season ticket for last season. The man had previously proven himself to be an asset to the club who was particularly good at distracting the opposition goal keeper by means of swearing and the throwing of coins.

The case took a number of years to be concluded as there was some confusion over identity of the man and his son, who for some time appeared to be the same person, but now BCC have admitted they were culpable the club have instructed P&P to submit their findings to the FA.

Club spokesman Iman Ugget, said "We are glad that we are now in a position to act on this despicable situation. We believe it highly likely that the paving was purposefully left upturned by a Bristol City fan.

MORE TO FOLLOW.

do you think this desprate attempt to get reinstated is because the gas don't meet the strict finacal rules for the conference (clubs being in debt is a massive no no) and may well start out in the conference south because they don't meet the requirements?

Monkeh. Don't just think you are randomly dreaming/fishing with this question - the Conference rules are, indeed, strict and you may well read some interesting revelations before the end of June - I do not claim to be ITK, but I have heard some extremely interesting financial news recently.

Monkeh. Don't just think you are randomly dreaming/fishing with this question - the Conference rules are, indeed, strict and you may well read some interesting revelations before the end of June - I do not claim to be ITK, but I have heard some extremely interesting financial news recently.

I've questioned their finances before, unlike us they don't have a sugar daddy to underwrite the debt which some say is closer to 8 million now,

with delays in uwe court cases mounting costs and sainsburys problem with the s106 agreement something does smell fishy, but then its not my place to investagate it its my place to laugh at them,

This announcement they made yesterday I can't help but think they are using it to deflect some bad news thats may be coming the gas have history of this and could be another reason to shut their forum

So you accuse someone of randomly dreaming/fishing and then "fish" with your own last statement

gotta be careful spilling the beans dolly and the mods will enforce the mighty banhammer or at least delete posts with the question reappearing until we get Redm telling us to stop,

Until anything is anounced from the 1653ers anything posted is just conjecture

What on earth are you babbling on about??

Can you not understand that the crux of the issue here is 3rd party ownership. That means a 3rd party profited from the Phillips deal, not Wycombe.

If anything, Wycombe have been disadvantaged by the deal as money the club 'should' have received went to the 3rd party.

Why any of your lot are even remotely trying to justify this action is remarkable.

As Monkeh pointed out earlier in the thread, football fans across the country are laughing at your club for this embarrassing episode.

Best thing you lot can do is accept relegation, castigate your board for such a futile and bittered action and move on.

I'd only disagree with the last three words of your post, Harry.

Their fans should not "move on"; they should be protesting and calling for the heads of their board members on sticks.

But whilst they seem content to bend over and take it, or as many are doing simply give up supporting the club, I am happy to laugh loudly at one catastro-**** after another...

Can't wait.

By the way Philinf, are you any relation to the old City employee Tony?

Gashead in my work this morning "I think it's disgraceful and sour grapes, WE should be deducted 20 points not Wycombe".

Shows there are some sensible ones knocking about...

Same where I work. Several gasheads - and they are totally embarrassed by their club, find the letter comical, and - in the words of one -' just when you thought you couldn't sink any lower....'

Surely their accountants are getting the figures for their losses and for their tremendous away support muddled up??

thats what I thought but believe it or not Bristol City FC actually had a higher home and away avg then the man united of the conference,

Now I know you will find it hard to believe that a club the size of Bristol Rovers 1653 ltd could fall behind city is unbelieveable, I mean in 5 years time they will be in the prem and we will be non league.........wait a minute something went wrong there :)

Archived