IGNORED

All things Coventry Away (Merged)

SimonR

Singers in the middle of the away fans at the back would help :)

I'm glad this has been brought up.

With past big away days singers have gone to the back but sometimes spread out across the blocks. At times different sections singing out of time or singing completely different songs altogether. If the "singers" head to the back as close to the middle block as possible then all songs can start from there and all blocks can join in in unison which will sound so much better. Up the city!

I thought it was strictly reserved seats - it was last time I went.

If not, it should be made very clear as there will be confusion at best and trouble at worst.

I don't mind either way, but some will want to stick with their allocated seats.

Got mine earlier. I was told reserved seating and no POTD. Although another allocation may be requested soon. My guess is just under 4k of us will be there.

I thought it was strictly reserved seats - it was last time I went.

If not, it should be made very clear as there will be confusion at best and trouble at worst.

I don't mind either way, but some will want to stick with their allocated seats.

If it's anything like most of my experiences of large contingencies in modern stadia, there will be lots of ill-feeling.

Shame, really. A real argument for the introduction of safe-standing.

Not clear, but OS says up to 6.5k away supporters can be accommodated on the day.

Best get a ticket methinks - about 575 left now from 3730 allocation...

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20141013-coventrytickets-2013459.aspx

Not going to know until late on friday if I can go 100%. Fingers crossed its POTD, no reason why it shouldn't be.

We haven't been playing great of late and the last convincing performance was Port Vale away, which should have been many more than 3-0. I've got a horrible feeling that we may just come unstuck on Saturday, especially with the added pressure that our huge away following MAY add.

Think Cov will deffo have a go,but we will out score them as is our trend of late......4-3 would be nice

If Mr Cotterill has his psychology head on, he'll use the numbers in his post warm-up pre-match talk, suggesting that we've made a huge effort, putting the onus on the squad that anything that doesn't match the supporters passion is not acceptable.  Come on lads........ do it for us and remember Divvy again.  He'd have loved this day out (not that he won't be watching, mind).

:fingerscrossed:

Not much of an effort for the Rugby Cider'eds mind,  as it's only about 14 miles to the ground!!

We haven't been playing great of late and the last convincing performance was Port Vale away, which should have been many more than 3-0. I've got a horrible feeling that we may just come unstuck on Saturday, especially with the added pressure that our huge away following MAY add.

Have a little feeling you could be right Wolf. Remember a similar thing few seasons back at Hillsborough losing 1-0 in the 95th after 12 wins in the trot. Hope I'm wrong but hmmmm.

Being negative I know but I'm a cynic by nature, love being proved wrong mind :)

Well you are a brave man to predict a loss given our record there, but I see where you are coming from, all good things etc, but we are due an away win in the league, 3-1 City.  

It's funny you say that I can never recall traveling in large numbers and seeing a win EXCEPT at Coventry!

Well you are a brave man to predict a loss given our record there, but I see where you are coming from, all good things etc, but we are due an away win in the league, 3-1 City.  

Our very recent record for Coventry away is:

Lost 5-4 last season (although wasn't at Ricoh)

Lost 1-0 in 2011.

Overall you can't knock 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat overall as a record though.

They are doing so badly and we are on such a good run that it could well be a defeat...as has been pointed out, we haven't controlled a game since the Port Vale game and would be good to get back to that.

They are doing so badly and we are on such a good run that it could well be a defeat...

Seen this said elsewhere.

Please, re-read it an explain the rationale.

I know we have suffered, friends, and I know 'it's a funny old game', but this quirky self-doubt is both overly-conservative an a tad worrying.

Just as well Cotterill and the troops don't share the same esteem issues.

Seen this said elsewhere.

Please, re-read it an explain the rationale.

As you say football is a funny old game and strange things can happen...

I'm sure you don't need reminding that many times a top team has lost to one near the bottom etc. Leyton Orient away last season a recent example for us.

My other point was that we haven't actually controlled a game since Port Vale away. Continue like that, ie be in tight games, and eventually it will go the other way.

As you say football is a funny old game and strange things can happen...

I'm sure you don't need reminding that many times a top team has lost to one near the bottom etc. Leyton Orient away last season a recent example for us.

My other point was that we haven't actually controlled a game since Port Vale away. Continue like that, ie be in tight games, and eventually it will go the other way.

Strange things CAN happen but on the whole they don't, hence the word 'strange'.

Fair point on the other side of it, but we're x amount of games unbeaten WITHOUT controlling games, which suggests to me that the controlling of games is not the be all an end all.

Another reality we have to accept is, at some point we will lose :(

There's nothing to suggest that that will happen on Saturday to me (more than any other game) other than the law of average.

Archived