IGNORED

General Election 2015 Match Day Thread (Merged)

Moloch

I hate these one liners. Whats your view? Why shouldn't I vote Conservatives?

Look, everyone has a different view and take on the world. Policies that might be an issue for you, may not be an issue for me, so nobody is an idiot, or as you put it "turkey voting for Christmas" at all, unless you're voting for UKIP.

I don't care about food banks or people that need to use them, I really don't give a single shite. I don't care about nursing!! Sorry, I don't care that they don't get a wage increase. I got looked after fine a few months ago, so thats all I care about. I feel for them, of course, but its not an issue that "I" care about. I'm not voting for other people, I'm voting for me. So lets be clear, the Conservatives have increased jobs, reduced crime, halved the deficit, and interest rates are the lowest since records began... Now that's what I care about....

So am I turkey voting for Christmas? I am if that means Christmas in a household full of vegetarians

Thank you :)

You have just confirmed to me why I despise the Tory party and it's voters.

If the opinion polls are correct the Tories may well be in trouble.

It means that Labour must be winning in England and Wales,because the Scottish vote has collapsed.

Let's hope :)

If Labour win, will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights, etc etc

I would add it probably shows in the amount of effort Parties put in.

This morning outside the polling station, the only guys there were the Conservatives and the Greens.

Labour and Lib Dems? Nowhere in sight. How do you expect to capture seats when you can't even be arsed to show up.

Never saw the Labour guy once in the entire run up - regularly on a saturday morning I would see the Conservatives in the town centre handing leaflets out.

At least give it a go??

Anyone who turns up at the polling station and is swayed to vote for someone just because they stood outside is a complete idiot.  For them to stand there makes you think it must work though. Too many stupid people in this country!

I would add it probably shows in the amount of effort Parties put in.

This morning outside the polling station, the only guys there were the Conservatives and the Greens.

Labour and Lib Dems? Nowhere in sight. How do you expect to capture seats when you can't even be arsed to show up.

Never saw the Labour guy once in the entire run up - regularly on a saturday morning I would see the Conservatives in the town centre handing leaflets out.

At least give it a go??

I'm guessing Labour, Lib Dems etc are concentrating their efforts in other areas where there are a) marginal seats or b) they can energise their key supporters (to vote, campaign and donate).

I am sad enough to have signed up for emails from all the main political parties and I am like you in a "safe" Conservative seat. The parties recognise this and so asked me (and presumably everyone else in the same constituency) to help out in nearby seats that are marginal. Therefore the emails from the Lib Dems and Tories asked if I could help in Watford (a Lib Dem/Tory battle) and the Labour emails asked me to help out in Stevenage (which Labour are hoping to win from the Conservatives).

If you want a government to alienate people from society by bribing them with benefits to stay out of the way and vote for them every five years, vote labour.

If you want a government which will try and make everyone play a role in society, vote conservative. 

Jokes aside, can someone give me a brief explanation as to what's wrong with the NHS? This isn't a loaded question, I'm just curious as I've always found it to be fairly reasonable

Nothing.  It's just Labour's go to issue.

Where the is the NHS performing poorly?  In Wales where it is devolved to a Welsh Labour Government and in Scotland where it is devolved to a Scottish Nazional Party government.

Ironically, Lefties tend to do worse for everyone.  

Nothing.  It's just Labour's go to issue.

Where the is the NHS performing poorly?  In Wales where it is devolved to a Welsh Labour Government and in Scotland where it is devolved to a Scottish Nazional Party government.

Ironically, Lefties tend to do worse for everyone.  

In the last 12 months, the NHS has provided my nan with a luxury suite when she had a stroke, then sent nurses to attend to her twice a day to get her ready for bed and make her meals. It has provided another member of my family with a fantastic suite/delivery service for her baby, over the course of 24 hours. It has provided another member of my family with around two dozen one-on-one psychotherapy sessions. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Nurses don't get paid a BRILLIANT wage, but then not many of us do. 

Miliband seems like a chancer and has bluffed his way where he is now, I wouldn't trust him at all, plus I can't stand Labour's policies. Before Cameron took over, the country was in a complete mess financially and he's slowly brought it back.

Cameron has also reduced money for those people on benefits which is 100% right! If you're using the law and are fit to work, ******* work like the rest of us!

No to Labour!

Quite right. 

The benefits system is for those who really need it, not those who can't be arsed.

I hate these one liners. Whats your view? Why shouldn't I vote Conservatives?  

Look, everyone has a different view and take on the world.  Policies that might be an issue for you, may not be an issue for me, so nobody is an idiot, or as you put it "turkey voting for Christmas" at all, unless you're voting for UKIP. 

I don't care about food banks or people that need to use them, I really don't give a single shite.  I don't care about nursing!! Sorry, I don't care that they don't get a wage increase.  I got looked after fine a few months ago, so thats all I care about.  I feel for them, of course, but its not an issue that "I" care about.  I'm not voting for other people, I'm voting for me.  So lets be clear, the Conservatives have increased jobs, reduced crime, halved the deficit, and interest rates are the lowest since records began... Now that's what I care about....  

So am I turkey voting for Christmas? I am if that means Christmas in a household full of vegetarians

That is very harsh !

Although I am on the same side of the divide as you, I do care about those other people you spoke about.

However, you are right in the respect of voting intentions.

We have one person one vote in this country; and it is only right that you consider your own needs and the needs of your family, and vote accordingly.

Most people would do so, putting their own interests above those of total strangers.

He's getting those benefits now, GB.

Under an, um, Conservative government.

I suspect something would have been done about him by now Robbo, had it not been for the liberal part of the government.

In the unlikely event of a Conservative majority; I can see Theresa May really getting to grips with this scum.

Other family members have just gone to vote (I voted earlier today) They said people queuing, I have never, ever seen a queue locally to vote. Thought it only happened on tv!!!

Archived