IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal

mcbcfc

For those with an interest in commissioning such things I'd nominate Gibe Digital for design and production of the most confusing and utterly useless website I've encountered these past few years. Bristol Sport aspire to be 'world class' - their front end shows them to be bottom of the class.

Whilst I suspect Gibe had nothing to do with the pass-through booking system the ticketing front end is little short of a disgrace. In the end I did manage to renew 2 of 7 season tickets though it took 3 attempts and around 30 redirections (I also had to do them separately.) Love the way they managed to pre-populate partial data even though they've all my records on file (I know because they use it) all for the trap of trying to gain marketing  permission to sell data on to all sorts of charlatans (next time have a clear all tick box.)

If there was way of linking season tickets it wasn't obvious (I had to log in an out for each ticket reservation, presumably because they couldn't fathom I pay for my son's ticket.) Assuming the system assumes under 12's must be linked to an adult but those older do not, how do those in the 12-18 category pay for their online tickets? De facto they do not have access to credit facility (card or finance.)

Loved, too, the 'ticket delivery' option click-through which opened to offer Post and, er, that was it....

One of our group is going down on April 2nd to arrange our group move from the Williams. We understand from the meeting with David Lloyd that he just has to pay for his and reserve ours pending payment, which must be made by April 8th. We were thinking of giving him individual cheques, to save us all having to contact the club again to make the payment. So, 2 questions.

1) Does the club still accept payment by cheque? (Can't see it mentioned on City website)

2) if so, would it be made out to to "Bristol City Football Club"?

I am assuming your mate who is going down to the ground has an appalling criminal record otherwise no doubt you would give him your cheques and he could make one mass payment.

Can't believe I can't see a thread on this, trying to renew mine (Williams to Atyeo) for 2 of us. online system won't let me - has it crashed again?

Scroll down a bit (probably page 2) and you'll see a thread called Season Ticket Renewal. Eight pages of doom and gloom.

If I wanted to devise a more inept useless system to renew ST's than the one the club are using, I don't think I could.

A) Give supporters little notice and hardly any time to ensure they retain their traditional seats. Great for people in Bristol with time on their hands. Not so good for me, abroad last week and in London this one.

B) Devise some ridiculous "supporter ID number" that you had to apply for by email before you bought online. Six days on, I'm still waiting for the "within 24-hour" response to my email.

C) Inadequate number of phone lines and no call waiting system. I've set up ticketing systems for clients and it is not expensive to at least have a system whereby callers can hang on and be answered in rotation. Being met with a "sorry this number is busy please try again later" message is just so amateurish.

Luckily I have backdoor ways to get my renewal done, so there's no panic on my part, but if I had no club contacts I'd be furious with this system.

And we thought Bristol Sport was created to deal professionally with the organisational chaos at the club...

The fact they can't cope with a predictable scenario where 4,000 people have been given 10 days to renew their STs is a serious black mark against those in charge.

If I wanted to devise a more inept useless system to renew ST's than the one the club are using, I don't think I could.

A) Give supporters little notice and hardly any time to ensure they retain their traditional seats. Great for people in Bristol with time on their hands. Not so good for me, abroad last week and in London this one.

B) Devise some ridiculous "supporter ID number" that you had to apply for by email before you bought online. Six days on, I'm still waiting for the "within 24-hour" response to my email.

C) Inadequate number of phone lines and no call waiting system. I've set up ticketing systems for clients and it is not expensive to at least have a system whereby callers can hang on and be answered in rotation. Being met with a "sorry this number is busy please try again later" message is just so amateurish.

Luckily I have backdoor ways to get my renewal done, so there's no panic on my part, but if I had no club contacts I'd be furious with this system.

And we thought Bristol Sport was created to deal professionally with the organisational chaos at the club...

The fact they can't cope with a predictable scenario where 4,000 people have been given 10 days to renew their STs is a serious black mark against those in charge.

And you haven't even mentioned all the issues with an error strewn, badly designed website with no instructions on how to navigate it.

Just out of interest, do you stay on the line when you get the engaged tone, or have you just been hanging up?

I only ask because if you are hearing an engaged tone you are actually in the queue and if you stay on the line you will (eventually) get through, I think.

EDIT: That is provided you are hearing this tone AFTER navigating the phone menu.

Ah I've got wise to this from past experience, and don't hang up anymore, having said that for the first 3 hours of trying today I couldn't even get to the menu, I am now holding though, and have been for the last 54 minutes!

You have a veritable treat in store...................

I suppose we could also query why the lines are only open 9-5.

How I long for the good old days of the 80s, which was the last time I had a 9-to-5 job.

City knew they'd be dealing with 400+ enquiries a day, why not extend hours?

Last year, I rang Chelsea's commercial office at 10am on a Sunday morning to arrange collection of some comps, and called in to get them 20 minutes later.

How I long for the good old days of the 80s, which was the last time I had a 9-to-5 job.

Last year, I rang Chelsea's commercial office at 10am on a Sunday morning to arrange collection of some comps, and called in to get them 20 minutes later.

Just be glad they don't shut half day on a Wednesday.

Ah I've got wise to this from past experience, and don't hang up anymore, having said that for the first 3 hours of trying today I couldn't even get to the menu, I am now holding though, and have been for the last 54 minutes!

1 hour 6 mins got through and all sorted then in 5 mins, can't fault the staff there, just could be a few more of them ... and a decent website ... and a phone system!

is it possible to get BCFC STs from Chelsea? :blink:

Just bought ours online, it took 5 just minutes! What's the problem?

As a Williams block F season ticket holder I should have priority for the Atyeo, as per the below link and email confirmation from David Lloyd last week.

Online doesn't allow me to select Atyeo but bizarrely does allow me to purchase in the South Stand, for which I don't have priority.

I need to speak with someone but the phone line is always engaged.

I work in Thornbury and is absolutely not practical for me to go to AG during working hours.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

Total shambles.

As a Williams block F season ticket holder I should have priority for the Atyeo, as per the below link and email confirmation from David Lloyd last week.

Online doesn't allow me to select Atyeo but bizarrely does allow me to purchase in the South Stand, for which I don't have priority.

I need to speak with someone but the phone line is always engaged.

I work in Thornbury and is absolutely not practical for me to go to AG during working hours.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

Total shambles.

I guess I was very lucky. Sorry for the problems you're having, it is a total shambles really then.

I do wonder if because you are in F block you are not registered as singing section? Maybe they wrongly only added E block to be eligible for the Atyeo?

I don't currently have a ST, so not yet involved In the fracas.

However, I wanted to find out about the last few Swindon tickets. Obviously phoning is impossible, so I emailed David Lloyd.

Very polite, but basically the message was "swamped", "everyone working flat out", sorry, try coming down to the shop. Middle of the working day - no can do.

Archived