IGNORED

England - New Zealand

'Orns

The last two days is the England I want to see, might not quite be enough to beat the Aussies but it could be alot more competitive.

Agree but sadly as someone else mentioned it's consistency that is missing, the ability to close out games and to save games on a consistent basis is what makes a great side.

Who knows what England team will turn up for the next test.

The last two days is the England I want to see, might not quite be enough to beat the Aussies but it could be alot more competitive.

Totally agree. This is what we have wanted for a long time an aggressive approach. Going to be an exciting summer ahead.

I am back for the Cardiff test, with tickets for all days:  should start looking for alternative things to do for days 5, 4 and possibly much of 3...

This does not bode well.

My cricket pessimism is as ill-judged and mis-placed as my general City pessimism this past season.

Not seen any of it, but equally delighted and amazed to see we dug out a win.

Moreen Alis catch to take the last Kiwi wicket was brilliant as was Stokes rapid fire ton yesterday. Add to that Cooks fantastic innings and Stokes delivery to bowl McCullum first ball was a superb delivery.

It was a great test match from day one to day five. Some terrific play from both teams. England 30-4 first innings and recovering. NZ scoring over 500 in their first innings but end up losing by over a 100 runs.

Terrific stuff and a great advert for test cricket.

Great test match. Brilliant to see us play aggressive cricket and to stand up to a great attacking side in New Zealand. Just need to get Hales in the side and we'll be in the best position to take the Aussies on.

It's only his first test but Wood looked very impressive. He's very quick, regularly bowling at 90+mph and pure pace worries most batsman.

However he's got a poor injury record at Durham. The Sky pundits think it could because he has a short run up and all his momentum at delivery is generated by his gather and shoulder. Michael Holding suggested a longer run up - well he would wouldn't he?

Hopefully he'll be fit when the Aussies turn up.

Great test match. Brilliant to see us play aggressive cricket and to stand up to a great attacking side in New Zealand. Just need to get Hales in the side and we'll be in the best position to take the Aussies on.

If you win a single test this summer you'll do well.

It's only his first test but Wood looked very impressive. He's very quick, regularly bowling at 90+mph and pure pace worries most batsman.

However he's got a poor injury record at Durham. The Sky pundits think it could because he has a short run up and all his momentum at delivery is generated by his gather and shoulder. Michael Holding suggested a longer run up - well he would wouldn't he?

I Once seen Michael Holding in Nevil Rd at the end of his run up...thing was he was bowling 100 miles up the road in the 4th test at Edgbaston at the time!

Joking aside, a superb rhythmic bowler. Whispering Death.

The concern with altering his run up would be the appalling record that the England coaching staff have of ruining fast bowlers.

The concern with altering his run up would be the appalling record that the England coaching staff have of ruining fast bowlers.

That is a potential danger of course but one potential 'benefit' of an altered run up could be an improvement in his injury problems.

Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Trevor Bayliss new England Coach

A very good appointment, although very much white ball game orientated.

I bet the Aussies are more worried about the Ashes than 24 hours ago..

For me he needs to get a bit more rhythmic with his action

I dont like to see a bowler start his run up stood still

Sooner see them hitting their mark moving

A very good appointment, although very much white ball game orientated.

I bet the Aussies are more worried about the Ashes than 24 hours ago..

Obviously done with ODI cricket in mind. The Test team, for all we moan about it, isn't in bad shape at all. Our Limited Overs stuff has been behind the times for decades and needs some fresh ideas.

We'll see.

Hopeful that we can make our first ever semi final but who knows with Ireland. England will be hard to beat at home but I still fancy NZ to win the thing.

What do we think to the second test tomorrow? Shame it's only a two match series. I hope England don't revert to ultra defensive mode to draw and secure the series. I may be disappointed.

lets hope is as entertaining as the last, the Stokes continues to improve, that wood is selected and that cook continues where he left off in the second innings and not what he did in the first,

also that bell finds some form instead of getting jaffas

Archived