IGNORED

England - New Zealand

'Orns

177/0 to 275/8 isn't great but NZ have bowled well with the new cherry. Might not be a bad thing to be out soon if conditions are good then Jimmy may skittle em

177/0 to 275/8 isn't great but NZ have bowled well with the new cherry. Might not be a bad thing to be out soon if conditions are good then Jimmy may skittle em

This is the middle order I keep being told is so strong that KP wouldn't get a look in anyway. Agreed the ball has been moving about like a sultan in a multi storey harem, but still pretty abysmal.

In recent years, England have lost due to the top order batsmen getting out cheaply. All too often the bowlers have had to perform really well with the bat.

Just to confound me, this time the openers were OK and the others have let us down.

This is the middle order I keep being told is so strong that KP wouldn't get a look in anyway. Agreed the ball has been moving about like a sultan in a multi storey harem, but still pretty abysmal.

People need to move on from KP - anyway it was the middle order that won the last game. If we need strength in it they need to bring Compton back in and him at 3 where he'll play the trott role well. If England had some balls they'd let hildreth have a chance as he's in sparkling form at the mo

Great series this though, shame it's only 2 testa

Good stuff from the tail this morning, though it could be argued that they were just clawing back the runs they conceded through pisspoor bowling at the NZ tail yesterday.

I'd argue that the Kiwi bowling was equally pisspoor this morning. That said when any tail ender decides to fling the bat it can so easily cost plenty of runs. Good deliveries that better batsmen would respect get belted by the tail. It happens as we saw yesterday and this morning from both teams.

It's barely 12* at Headingly with a firm breeze. That would be enough to keep me watching the game on TV.

Maybe but still not great for a cricket heartland.

Good start from Broad

Great test series, NZ deserve better than being given two.

Gutted to be stuck in hospital and missing the show at Taunton today.. Less said of the other 10 in the Somerset side mind

short and wide every time,

you would of thought they'd learn something from the first innings, trying to bounce them out it isn't working, try bowling line and length with the odd yourker instead,

Botham is correct, take bell out of the slip and put lyth in there,

You can't help but admire NZ. What a team ethic!

you can see why they are making friends everywhere they go,

entertaining and played in a cracking spirit, and above all else they look like they are enjoying themselfs,

real credit to world cricket

Archived