IGNORED

England - New Zealand

'Orns

7 runs in total from your 3, 4 and 5 and yet people still reckon the most talented batsman ENG has shoulid not be in the side?

Seriously, its laughable.

I'm always in favour of selecting the players the opposition fear most. It's blindingly obvious the Aussies fear KP. Enough said.

And play six bowlers? Think it through.

Fair enough I probably gave it little thought! Not quite sure how they should do it but you can't have Just Wood and stokes as backup to Broad and Anderson they will get taken apart by Warner and Co. We already have a so called spinner who is useless and Cook knows it as well.

It All started to go downhill when they only gave Mike Smith a single test.

And it that test Thorpe dropped a dolly off Smith's bowling when Elliot was on 19 and he went on to make a double hundred. Ironically it was Smith who was then dropped. It was no secret that Atherton didn't rate him.

It All started to go downhill when they only gave Mike Smith a single test.

One of the worst bowlers to play for England in last two decades. Lorded as some sort of hero by Glos fans but deep down they know he wasn't good enough for the international scene.

He was the only player selected for England that Atherton didn't want in the team during his whole time as captain, apparently. Chairmen of Selectors (Graveney??) picked him ahead of Caddick for that test. Sure even the biggest Glos fan will agree that Caddick was streets ahead.

One of the worst bowlers to play for England in last two decades. Lorded as some sort of hero by Glos fans but deep down they know he wasn't good enough for the international scene.

He was the only player selected for England that Atherton didn't want in the team during his whole time as captain, apparently. Chairmen of Selectors (Graveney??) picked him ahead of Caddick for that test. Sure even the biggest Glos fan will agree that Caddick was streets ahead.

Boooo Dave. Boooo.

Smith didn't have the same privileges that Caddick had, so it's not a fair comparison. Who knows how good he'd have been had Thorpe not dropped that dolly.

When the wicket keeper is standing up to a medium/fast bowler then he ain't test match standard. In county cricket green top conditions he was a decent bowler. Any other conditions he was a net bowler lobbing up 79mph tripe.

When the wicket keeper is standing up to a medium/fast bowler then he ain't test match standard. In county cricket green top conditions he was a decent bowler. Any other conditions he was a net bowler lobbing up 79mph tripe.

But it wasn't tripe though was it. He was deadly accurate. It ain't all about speed. Ask 79mph Glenn McGrath.

Remind me. Which test keeper stood up to Devon Malcolm and took a leg side stumping?

It's taken a bit of time, but it appears that finally we're trying to play the brand of ODI cricket that everyone else does.

4 years till the next World cup. Disgraceful that it has taken so bloody long.

If Root's innings was a exhibition of orthodox, aesthetic stroke play, Buttler's has just been an utter dismantling of the attack. Both have been great to watch. Rashid and Morgan have also played perfectly judged innings too

What I would say is don't rule out NZ chasing this down...

NZ will go for it, or die trying, should be great watching...

They've been a great watch so far. The test matches were very entertaining and the ODI's promise the same great value. They have a a terrific captain in McCullum and he's instilled his positive way of playing into his players.

They're a very useful outfit.

I bet Peter Moores is sat at home thinking that England's innings totally ignored all the data available. If they'd have nudged and nurdled around to 280 all out they'd have been far better off.

I couldn't see what they were trying to archive, it's like the great Shri Lanken team of the late 90's never existed

Pleased to see Rachid going well, he's been excellent for Yorkshire the last season or two. I'd actually say he could edge Ali out of the test side given a chance.

Archived