IGNORED

England - New Zealand

'Orns

Promising signs, this and the performance at Lords in the test show that we can move out of the age of negativity/boring cricket. Might not be every game but that certainly was the most enjoyable performance for a long long time

As this is a cricket thread, Sky Sports have employed another Aussie legend alongside Shane Warne for the upcoming Ashes series - Ricky Ponting no less.

Sky Sports cricket coverage is just unmissable. Top drawer in every aspect.

I enjoy listening to them all the commentators apart from one. Nick Knight, not sure what it is about him that really annoys me.

Promising signs, this and the performance at Lords in the test show that we can move out of the age of negativity/boring cricket. Might not be every game but that certainly was the most enjoyable performance for a long long time

That's the key. As long as they don't get destroyed by the media and public when the inevitable 150* all out comes along, they could develop into a good side.

* provided that's the exception, not the norm.

Warne is an absolute cock with one agenda - Anti Cook & Pro KP. He's a really nasty piece of work and wish Sky would get rid. Ponting will be good though.

I'd rather the ECB ditched Sky......

I wouldn't actually, they are a class above the rest. However if they could maybe let the ashes be FTV or at least one of the tests be FTV that would be nice.

Warne is an absolute cock with one agenda - Anti Cook & Pro KP. He's a really nasty piece of work and wish Sky would get rid. Ponting will be good though.

I've met Warne on a couple of occasions at various do's and he's always been good company and an encyclopaedia on cricket. He's very amusing to listen to and I like him regardless on his views on KP and Cook. He brings added insight into Sky's cricket coverage imo.

I wouldn't actually, they are a class above the rest. However if they could maybe let the ashes be FTV or at least one of the tests be FTV that would be nice.

Well at least we agree on something cricket related!

Sky's coverage of cricket is as good as it gets. Worth the subscription fee on its own. They just better and better and the Masterclass series they did was fascinating to watch. I particularly enjoyed Wasim Akram. How he could tell what was in a new pitch after two deliveries amazed me and how to get the ball swinging in difficult conditions by grip and wrist action was also fascinating.

Well at least we agree on something cricket related!

Sky's coverage of cricket is as good as it gets. Worth the subscription fee on its own. They just better and better and the Masterclass series they did was fascinating to watch. I particularly enjoyed Wasim Akram. How he could tell what was in a new pitch after two deliveries amazed me and how to get the ball swinging in difficult conditions by grip and wrist action was also fascinating.

I agree that the coverage Sky give cricket is absolutely top drawer, I just feel that, for the future good of cricket, it needs to be on Free to Air TV.

I've met Warne on a couple of occasions at various do's and he's always been good company and an encyclopaedia on cricket. He's very amusing to listen to and I like him regardless on his views on KP and Cook. He brings added insight into Sky's cricket coverage imo.

Warne is a legend. I had the good fortune to chat to him on several occasions the last few years.

Hes as honest as the day is long with his opinions and very down to earth.

By the way i saw him speak at a lunch at the MCG in 2013 and he talked really fondly of his early years in Bristol.

Looks like we will be chasing around 400 today. Pretty poor bowling effort.

It's not been great, but we all eulogised over the batting of Buttler and Root the other night, I think you just have to give credit to the NZ batsmen who've collectively played very well- Taylor and Williamson especially

Archived