IGNORED

Andre Gray - 8 Million Pound Bid?

1960maaan

You spread the costs percentage wise fella, across the length of the contract. That's why the El Abd contract was so long...to spread his costs.

Eh? The fee was reported five figures so not sure why we'd need to spread those costs... http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10943792.Albion_chairman_pays_tribute_to_El_Abd_as_team_mate_labels_his_departure_a__bad_day_/

I'm not really happy with this, it's everything the club wouldn't do and they've done it overnight. Why? What's suddenly changed to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a club our size and for a player who played one season in this division!?

Mental.

I'm not really happy with this, it's everything the club wouldn't do and they've done it overnight. Why? What's suddenly changed to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a club our size and for a player who played one season in this division!?

Mental.

Because the board and Lansdown want this club in the big time.. I think its brilliant ambition personally.

Mental.

Panic because the did not do their homework concerning wages.

Don't get me wrong he's a very good player and it would be a good signing but that is an insane amount of money. To me it looks like we are panicking.

Far more important positions to fill.

Maybe that's how it looks .... and maybe we have been tracking him for weeks .... I don't know ... just saying.

I'm happy to let SC deal with it

Because the board and Lansdown want this club in the big time.. I think its brilliant ambition personally.

They do and it is, but being too ambitious has caused some of the biggest collapses the world of football, even commerce, has seen.

Just to confirm, for those in doubt, Andre Gray is in talks with us over a move. This has already gone far beyond the stage we ever reached with Dwight Gayle.

My hunch is this will be a goer.

Certainly seems more legs in this than there ever was with Gayle

If you hear anything else.....

Archived