IGNORED

Andre Gray - 8 Million Pound Bid?

1960maaan

A lot of our own fans are deluded about our size and successes, but if you asked a Northerner or Yank to point out on a map where Bristol is and where Brentford is, I'd hazard a guess that more would know/heard of us over another generic London hamlet.

Exactly. Davy Crockett visited the London Borough last week and when the locals questioned why he was sporting headgear made of animal skin, he exclaimed; "When I told my friends I was going to Brentford they said wear the fox hat."

Cotterill on Andre Gray: "It will be nice if it were to come off, but there isnt much I can say on that at this moment in time"

Sounds like he has learnt from the media circus that happened after revealing too much around the Gayle bid

I took it as someone who had been burned once with public details of an ongoing negotiation...and didn't want to be drawn into saying anything and then have the deal go cold a la Gayle.

He'll soon be asking the ugliest girl at the party for a dance....

It's ok, Talksport said it's happening.

Forgot that. What squad number has he chosen?

You've misread and misunderstood my posts entirely fella.

My point has been that we shouldn't be looking in the Championship as it is over valued. There is value elsewhere.

Will Grigg 1 million... Gray....worth 8 times that? Really?

As for transfer fees...I understand them...hence why i'm saying it's madness to be paying 8 million for a striker who's only had one seasons experience in the Football League.

SL can buy who he likes...but he's still got to find wages within budget, and players have to want to come here, and that see it as a step up in their career or the right move.

All of a sudden since it was reported that we offered 8 million for Gayle, certain fans have changed their tune and thought 'great...we've got cash....buy, buy, buy on anyone'....as we are running out of time.

Only a month ago...people were saying 'bullshit' to paying such high figures...now because of one confirmed reported bid, everyone it seems has changed their tune....all in a month and because of one high bid. Madness.

Reading this forum now, is like when we were splashing cash in our first season up again.

Quotes like 'SL is making a statement of intent'....similar to when everyone was in shock when we bought David James.

Sorry...but it all looks like desperate measures now, because we ****ed up earlier on in the transfer market.

As for 'bleating' about transfer fees...you are so wrong...as I've not 'bleated' at all....just aware their is value for money elsewhere outside the Championship.

I'd agree with this if wages were proportionate to transfer fees.  My guess is that they are increasing not, Gray wont be earning 8 times Grigg,and probably less than Gayle.  If you have the access to ready cash, outside of the wage budget, which clearly we do, it's not such a big deal to spend it and doesn't necessarily mean we blow our budget, or the budget that counts, especially with a squad our size. 

I don't know why anyone is panicking about the 8,000,000 fee.

3 years ago Luton paid 30,000 for him.

So if his current value is 8,000,000, then if we buy him and things don't work out, in 3 years we can just sell him for 2,133,000,000.

That is the way transfers work isn't it?

Archived