IGNORED

Andre Gray - 8 Million Pound Bid?

1960maaan

Your completely missing the point.

There wages would be out of our reach, even Chris wood (who imo is not as good as Gray), so would completely blow our wage structure then going against the pillars that SL introduced

Gray fits into our wage structure, that is the big difference, people don't seem to be understanding that.

You keep saying, one of the glass half empty people will believe you in the end

SL has made mistakes, we all know that, but he's an incredibly rich and successful businessman because he does the sums first. Grey may not come off, no one knows that - but what we can be sure of is that SL has got the calculator out and worked out the money side of things. It's weird, it's little Bristol City spending an awful lot of money, but there is absolutely no point in being the richest owner, in the nicest ground in L1

Just to confirm, for those in doubt, Andre Gray is in talks with us over a move. This has already gone far beyond the stage we ever reached with Dwight Gayle.

My hunch is this will be a goer.

Thanks.  Liked your 5043 days tweet about the gas too  :clap:

Not sure I agree with this fella. The UK is awash with foreign players doing well. It's British players who find it harder to play abroad and fit in.

8 million gambled on a player with one seasons football league experience....or 8 million spent on four players in different positions, of the ilk of Jimmy Codger from abroad? I know which i'd gamble on.

It's not that hard...seriously...you'd only have to pay 50K a year for someone to do translating and such like for foreign players. Football 'our way' is easy to learn if training everyday as a foreigner...it's just the day to day activities outside of football that make it difficult.

and awash with very average foreign players who have been bigged up by shithouse agents and are just taking the money.

Maybe that's how it looks .... and maybe we have been tracking him for weeks .... I don't know ... just saying.

I'm happy to let SC deal with it

Very true. Just seems crazy money.

Even if we sign Gray I am by no means expecting promotion, but surely any other manager spending this kind of money would be expected to get promotion?

Very true. Just seems crazy money.

Even if we sign Gray I am by no means expecting promotion, but surely any other manager spending this kind of money would be expected to get promotion?

I agree it is a LOT of money.

But SL is a pretty rich bloke, which I suspect is not an accident.  He has been running a football club for a long time.

He has been in this position before.  I agree he has made mistakes before.  I suspect he has had time to think about them and decide what to do differently?

Like I said about the Dwight transfer.  BCFC team know the facts and (presumably) know what they are doing?

I'm happy to leave them to do their job, until they have a new player to officially unveil.

SL has backed many a manager in the past and rubber stamped many a deal...look where that led us.

Granted...there are rules to abide to, and as Pelling was part of the team that wrote those rules, they will know them inside out.

But this bid, goes against everything this Club has spoken about over the past few seasons.

What makes me laugh is how fans say they trust in SC and SL...yet they've ****** up in the past.

SL and the board spoke sense about potential transfers recently and everyone agreed that was the way to go.

Now SL and SC buck that trend with a reported 9M bid and it seems many are happy to just go along with it...'in SC and SL we trust and all that mullarky'...well that's alright then. :facepalm: kinnel....never seen such a turn around in fans thinking or a clubs in such a short space of time. :blink:

I do agree with the general thrust of what you say. This seems, well, off the radar!

However, I suppose where I am a little more sanguine is over the 'risk' element of this for the club. Medium term I think the risk to the club is very marginal. We may on paper lose a shed load of money over it and be left looking a fair bit silly- but in truth one has to assume the loss will sit with SL, not the club?

Does rip up the whole 'make the club pay, financial prudence' etc, which I am concerned about, but equally it is his money to spend at the end of the day.

SL has backed many a manager in the past and rubber stamped many a deal...look where that led us.

Granted...there are rules to abide to, and as Pelling was part of the team that wrote those rules, they will know them inside out.

But this bid, goes against everything this Club has spoken about over the past few seasons.

What makes me laugh is how fans say they trust in SC and SL...yet they've ****** up in the past.

SL and the board spoke sense about potential transfers recently and everyone agreed that was the way to go.

Now SL and SC buck that trend with a reported 9M bid and it seems many are happy to just go along with it...'in SC and SL we trust and all that mullarky'...well that's alright then. :facepalm: kinnel....never seen such a turn around in fans thinking or a clubs in such a short space of time. :blink:

So what are we saying that because he has made mistakes in the past then he is not allowed to spend (his) money on new players? Maybe we should seek to get a Power Of Attorney so we can act on his behalf due to his lack of capacity? ;)

Archived