IGNORED

Andre Gray - 8 Million Pound Bid?

1960maaan

Have only just seen this news having been flat out in meetings all day.

My view is that by committing to the stadium upgrades SL is effectively committing to making these kind of signings. The success of the stadium as a business is directly correlated to the success of the club, not just from ticket sales but also from what I expect is greater revenue from the new facilities (corporate hospitality etc).

It's already been proven that to sign 'top' championship players we are unfortunately looking at paying this kind of fee. Looking at the bigger picture this could be seen as an investment and there is now too much at stake to risk getting relegated again.

While it can quite rightly be argued that the only reason that this kind of fee gets banded about is that clubs are willing to pay, we are not going to get any thanks (or success) for taking the moral high ground. We are in the fortunate position to be even talking about this kind of signing so let's all embrace it while we can!

which game were you watching Saturday??

People talking about their defensive mid like he was Matic or Lahm...conveniently ignoring that we cut them open time after time after time and should have been about 4 or 5 up before the red card!

Clearly he was doing a great job at protecting their defenders!

People talking about their defensive mid like he was Matic or Lahm...conveniently ignoring that we cut them open time after time after time and should have been about 4 or 5 up before the red card!

I agree he wasn't spectacular but he does look the part. Big and strong. Kept the ball for the most part. It is silly though people are using him as the example. I had never heard of him before the game and he wasn't great. Was solid and maybe are just using him as an example.

Totally agree, got told on here we wouldn't spend big money, there is still 2 more big signings coming I think after this one. SL trusts COTTS u could tell that by the 3 and a half year deal he got when he was manager.

I'm not entirely sure what your point is. He trusted Johnson with a 5 year deal.

Yes the price is over inflated but, when you consider that the 3 promoted teams last season were the 3 top scorers in the league, you can see why Cotts feels that a proven 20 goal a season Championship striker is a must for us to be truly competitive. I have no doubt that we will strengthen in other areas before the window shuts but we had to work fast to secure Gray as strikers of his quality wont be on the market for long.      

grey is in team to score goals! 18 last season. 2 already this season. He was solid against us. Strong, quick, linked up well, postive running and clinical.

grey is in team to score goals! 18 last season. 2 already this season. He was solid against us. Strong, quick, linked up well, postive running and clinical.

I was talking about their defensive midfielder (Diagoura?) that everyone seems to be raving about, despite the fact that we tore them apart whilst 11 v 11....

My take on what has happened feel free to shoot it down in flames. Gray was always our main target Brentford said you can have him for 7mil to which we said no and switched to Gayle, when Gayle turned us down we went back to Brentford and say ok we give you 6mil plus 3 more if we get promoted

It's an exciting time being a Brentford fan I think...would love us to have tried something like this....or something 'different'.

Funnily...their owner makes his money from numbers...and so does ours.

But....He's taken 'Emotion' out of the equation...ours imho...is too passionate and emotional sometimes....and his 'dream' clouds his judgement. Nice to have that much money to be that 'emotional'.

You are a lot younger than me, so I expect you will be around to see an emotionless robot take control at BCFC, there are many being developed and then you can die a happy man.

Give me passion and emotion any day.

Archived