IGNORED

Andre Gray - 8 Million Pound Bid?

1960maaan

I am thinking that we should have sorted this already.

We need at least one defender, wing back and midfielder, and maybe a keeper. So I will wait and see what happens. I hope you are right and there is other offers on the table that we are not aware of.

Do you seriously think they've not been trying for the last three months to improve the squad or did you think it went like this?

SC: Hey Keith, bit of a bad result against Sheffield on Saturday. I honestly thought we would get a result up there seeing as we romped league 1.

KB: Me too Steve, especially considering we've got rid of Saville and Osbourne who added nothing to us last season.

SC: Exactly mate.

KB: I've just had a thought, what if we actually try and get some new players in? You never know, they might actually improve us.

SC: Hmmmm, you know, that might be just crazy enough to work. Get on the blower Keith and see if that's actually possible and let me know around the end of August as I'm gonna be busy up until then with training and what not.

BTW, we have already signed a keeper.

Let's hope so.

Personally I don't understand this at all.

Our current forward cover is Agard and Robinson, whereas our only defensive cover is El-Abd and our midfield cover is Reid.

I know people will say that we are looking to strengthen in those areas too, but as players in those positions tend to be cheaper and our need is obviously far greater, it seems utterly baffling that all our energy is currently being spent on recruiting yet another forward.

Precisely my thought.

Saturday showed that "Kodger" has it in him to terrify defences - and we know Wilbs can do it. Plus we have three other forwards.

I'd rather less money was spent on a central midfielder and versatile defender. Considerably less expenditure is likely to secure guys for those positions.

1997/98: City get promoted

1998/99: City spend all money on strikers (Akinbiyi / Anderson) and sign no other quality players. Result: relegation

2014/15: City get promoted

2015/16: City potentially spend all money on strikers (Kodjia / Gray) and THUS FAR sign no other quality players. Result if this is the case when the transfer window closes? Lets hope not the same as 1998/99.

Have we learnt anything? It seems we may not have.

Missed Tony Thorpe off that one, also we did sign Julian Watts and Carl Hutchings if memory serves who at the time were regarded as decent signings, it just didn't work out mainly due to the early dismassal of John Ward........there may be your parallel to draw in a few months!

Archived