IGNORED

Andre Gray - 8 Million Pound Bid?

1960maaan

His twitter, no updates, no new additions, another late night, no news from club - deadly silent ... gayle scenario repeated

He's not exactly going to start spouting on Twitter how much he wants to join us or that he's in talks. He's still under contract with Brentford therefore I imagine he would only tweet once the deal has been signed.

Guys, guys, guys.

There's one thing that's been overlooked, and is really bugging me.

I think it's pretty important that we clear it up.

A couple of pages and several hours ago, there was a little discussion and miscommunication around Williams' OG on Saturday.

"Williams"

"No, that was Gray"

"He scored the third"

"Williams? That was the second"

"I definitely know that Gray scored in front of the South Stand in the second half"

"Yes, I thought he meant Williams"

"Blah blah blah"

The entire thing originated from the question of when was the last time someone had scored against us and then played for us the following week.

The answer was Williams.

HA HA IT'S A FUNNY JOKE, HA HA.

Good, I'm glad that's settled. Back to the less important stuff.

Have only just seen this news having been flat out in meetings all day.

My view is that by committing to the stadium upgrades SL is effectively committing to making these kind of signings. The success of the stadium as a business is directly correlated to the success of the club, not just from ticket sales but also from what I expect is greater revenue from the new facilities (corporate hospitality etc).

It's already been proven that to sign 'top' championship players we are unfortunately looking at paying this kind of fee. Looking at the bigger picture this could be seen as an investment and there is now too much at stake to risk getting relegated again.

While it can quite rightly be argued that the only reason that this kind of fee gets banded about is that clubs are willing to pay, we are not going to get any thanks (or success) for taking the moral high ground. We are in the fortunate position to be even talking about this kind of signing so let's all embrace it while we can!

One of the best posts that I have seen on here in ages.

Archived