IGNORED

Andre Gray - 8 Million Pound Bid?

1960maaan

There will be a conversation in many years time in a pub in deepest Bedminster

'What did that Steve Lansdown ever do for us eh.......nothing....'

' ......he built that training ground mind....'

'..... Well.....ok....I'll give you the training ground, nice as it is, but what else did he do.....'

'Well he did rebuild the stadium.......'

'..... Well yeah.... The stadium.....it is nice.....but... What else did he do besides the training ground and the stadium......'

'He bought that lad from Brentford who scored all those goals....and .....'

'..... Well .....yeah..... But well.....What else did he do besides the training ground and the stadium and those players......'

'..... Well.....ok....I'll give you the training ground, nice as it is, but what else did he do.....'

'..... Well yeah.... The stadium.....it is nice.....but... What else did he do besides the training ground and the stadium......'

'..... Well .....yeah..... But well.....What else did he do besides the training ground and the stadium and those players......'

Are you suggesting that Steve Lansdown is incapable of making a mistake because he is a) a City fan and b) rich?  He has made mistakes in the past, as have the most well-meaning and loyal of Chairmen (e.g. Harry Dolman).  Just because he has the interests of Bristol City at heart doesn't mean he is always right.

Brought Peace ? ;)

Are you suggesting that Steve Lansdown is incapable of making a mistake because he is a) a City fan and b) rich? He has made mistakes in the past, as have the most well-meaning and loyal of Chairmen (e.g. Harry Dolman). Just because he has the interests of Bristol City at heart doesn't mean he is always right.

You managed to deduce that from his post?

Are you suggesting that Steve Lansdown is incapable of making a mistake because he is a) a City fan and b) rich? He has made mistakes in the past, as have the most well-meaning and loyal of Chairmen (e.g. Harry Dolman). Just because he has the interests of Bristol City at heart doesn't mean he is always right.

The same could be said In reverse, just because he's made mistakes in the past doesn't mean he'll always continue to make those mistakes, which if truth be told is what some of our fans seem to wish for or maybe it just comes across like that.

In fact it seems that some of our posters seemed to disappear when we were doing well, but as soon as something comes about that gives them reason to moan they're all over it like a rash, no doubt if it happens that we spend loads but hit the so called promise land it will all go quiet, but should it not go to plan you can bet the told you so will be shouting to the rafters.

??????????

Where have I ever suggested that Steve Lansdown is incapable of making a mistake ???

Every single person on the planet is capable of and does.

Steve Lansdown openly admits mistakes.

No it doesn't always make him right

What he has proved , to date is that he will back his decisions with his wealth and as such he has every right to do so as long as he does not jeapordise the future of the club.

Bristol City were going NOWHERE without Steve Lansdown or a similarly rich backer

Don't kid ourselves - bobbing around in L1 / Champ with 9-15,000 gates, we were going nowhere and being caught , and overtaken by others

We arnt a 'big' club , we havnt got a successful history or great status in English football, we have a passionate fan base, as most and we can attract decent support when times are good.

There is a chance ,an opportunity, under SL we can, for a period at least push ahead of our 'natural standing'

The ground and training facilities etc will be a great legacy by SL for future generations of players and fans

The success on the pitch is harder to guarantee

SL has and will make mistakes but I'd genuinely and honestly rather have him than any other owner if a football club that I can think of (There are some good uns Kenwright, Coates etc but any better ????)

All evidence of SL indicates that he's a thoroughly decent, fairly shy guy , with good morals and with a fierce determination to make Bristol City succeed - have to be honest it's difficult mistakes or not , not just to be extremely thankful, and grateful - there are many scenarios a whole lot worse

Just my view

Ohhhhh.....and as for the 'what has Steve Lansdown ever done for us' thread ..... That was just an attempt to inject a bit of humour into the thread....apologies if you took personal offence

??????????

Where have I ever suggested that Steve Lansdown is incapable of making a mistake ???

Every single person on the planet is capable of and does.

Steve Lansdown openly admits mistakes.

No it doesn't always make him right

What he has proved , to date is that he will back his decisions with his wealth and as such he has every right to do so as he does not jeapordise the future of the club.

Bristol City were going NOWHERE without Steve Lansdown or a similarly rich backer

Don't kid ourselves - bobbing around in L1 / Champ with 9-15,000 gates, we were going nowhere and being caught , and overtaken by others

We arnt a 'big' club , we havnt got a successful history or great status in English football, we have a passionate fan base, as most and we can attract decent support when times are good.

There is a chance ,an opportunity, under SL we can, for a period at least push ahead of our 'natural standing'

The ground and training facilities etc will be a great legacy by SL for future generations of players and fans

The success on the pitch is harder to guarantee

SL has and will make mistakes but I'd genuinely and honestly rather have him than any other owner if a football club that I can think of (There are some good uns Kenwright, Coates etc but any better ????)

All evidence of SL indicates that he's a thoroughly decent, fairly shy guy , with good morals and with a fierce determination to make Bristol City succeed - have to be honest it's difficult mistakes or not just to be extremely thankful, and grateful

Just my view

I did say "Are you suggesting that Steve Lansdown is incapable of making a mistake", to which your answer is clearly "No", which is fair enough.

Mirror Sport hack

@jacobmurtagh: Andre Gray's move to Bristol City still not complete but told it's likely to go through later today #brentfordfc #bcfc

Never heard of him, what's his track record like?

Was briefly mentioned on talksport this morning with Max Rushton and Dominic Cork, thought they might give us some stick, but they didn't

Archived