IGNORED

Andre Gray - 8 Million Pound Bid?

1960maaan

What reason based on previous business or evidence does anyone have that he will sign? There is no reason and no evidence which is why I don't believe he will sign, for 9 million being quoted he will expect a large fee and lots of addons, BC have a wage structure and his "large fee" won't fit it. The longer it goes on the less chance he will sign but that's just my own opinion based on previous dealings recently

At last, a post of yours where you say it is your opinion. For what it's worth I think you're wrong and he will sign. Also why the change of heart, initially you said we got him!

I do hope Mr Lansdown realises that as such , my ticket for tonight's game will , as such , contribute 0.000277 of the proposed transfer fee for Mr Gray

No need for public acknowledgement Sir Steve :D

I think your contribution was paying for a new industrial packet of toilet roll.

I think Woodsy was speculating on the presence of a single magpie, a well known and scientifically proven omen of great peril and sadness

Hang on, Chip

Check out my new avatar. If I say it's off, it's off. I've not decided where I'm at with it all today, so I'm going to assume Gray stayed in town last night and is currently having a stroll around the Docks in glorious summer sunshine. Then he sees some dastardly G*s fans have put a few stickers up that say 'City 2 Brentford 4', and he realises that there's only one club in Bristol he could ever play for, and he goes back to London

Damn those sneaky G*sheads and their renowned wit

Hang on, Chip

Check out my new avatar. If I say it's off, it's off. I've not decided where I'm at with it all today, so I'm going to assume Gray stayed in town last night and is currently having a stroll around the Docks in glorious summer sunshine. Then he sees some dastardly G*s fans have put a few stickers up that say 'City 2 Brentford 4', and he realises that there's only one club in Bristol he could ever play for, and he goes back to London

Wait a second there, Woodsy; you've missed the most important information required here...

Whilst at the Docks, did Gray see any of our fine feathered friends?

I pray he didn't encounter any albatrosses, otherwise we're doomed.

Hang on, Chip

When you think about it, G*sheads are a lot like magpies. Well known proclivity for thieving (be it shiny items or other sports clubs grounds) constantly squawking on about one thing or another and no one really like them- ever heard someone say "my favourite bird is a magpie"? Same way I've never heard anyone admit to a fondness for the G*s

Just chopped out these two different bits for attention.

The first question of yours; what evidence? From my knowledge, we've nothing to compare it to, other that Gayle, that was hardly like-for-like, so really saying "prove he will!" is pretty fatuous, because none of us can, nor can you prove he won't.

As for the fee; you realise fees and wages are different? Gray was a non-league player 12 months ago, and being that Brentford unlikely threw a massive contract at him, due to the way the operate, it's not beyond possible we're able to offer him more, yet still fit that into our structure.

Not saying he will sign, but trying to firmly say he will or won't based off his Twitter when he's said nothing either way is about as unreliable as you can get.

And you do post like you 'know', so maybe wise to outline your logic to avoid folks yelling "source?" or having a bit of a pop when you explain you've got your info from Twitter.

I'm just reading last night and this mornings posts on this thread and have this thought when I see comments such as what is your evidence?

My opinion is this .... this is a forum for opinions and discussion ... not a court of law.

I also read someone say the longer this goes on the less likely the guy will sign.  Well possibly.   But as he cant be registered for Leeds game, what is the rush to get it done today?   Possibly the deadline both parties are working towards is Friday noon?    However this is just my opinion/suggestion based on no solid fact.

What I do know is, when/if he signs BCFC marketing dept will go into overdrive and publicise the signing.  That is their job.

Wait a second there, Woodsy; you've missed the most important information required here...

Whilst at the Docks, did Gray see any of our fine feathered friends?

I pray he didn't encounter any albatrosses, otherwise we're doomed.

He saw an albatross, believe to be the last in the world, choking on the remnants of one of the stickers the blue few put up, Andre cried

When you think about it, G*sheads are a lot like magpies. Well known proclivity for thieving (be it shiny items or other sports clubs grounds) constantly squawking on about one thing or another and no one really like them- ever heard someone say "my favourite bird is a magpie". Same way I've never heard anyone admit to a fondness for the G*s

What's a cross between a magpie and a cuckoo? A cuckpie, a magoo? That's what the G*s are

First post in this monumental thread... I won't go on about the amount or the player himself but give one point.

For those thinking Gray & Kodjia won't be our starting attack need their heads examined... Yes Wilbs will be used effectively but both Gray & Kodjia are good at holding ball up

One question thou, if you had the choice of Gray or Gayle to play alongside Kodjia who would you choose?

First post in this monumental thread... I won't go on about the amount or the player himself but give one point.

For those thinking Gray & Kodjia won't be our starting attack need their heads examined... Yes Wilbs will be used effectively but both Gray & Kodjia are good at holding ball up

One question thou, if you had the choice of Gray or Gayle to play alongside Kodjia who would you choose?

El-Abd imo

Gray - just a hunch

Good q that Brett -

Was pondering that late last eve -

Highly rate Gayle as an electric finisher but came up with the conclusion that as a pair

Gray and Kodjia likely to compliment each better - Gayle and Kodjia strike me as more out and out goalscorers and the limited amount of Gray I've seen I get the impression that he adds more than goals

Actually think Gray and Kodjia could be a real handful if they can click

Kodjia and Gray up front could eventually be lethal.

I am totally for Andre Gray signing, he looked very good on Saturday. If you want any succession beyond the Championship you have to spend a bit of cash.

I say its great, our club mixing it up with the likes of Wolves, Leeds, QPR!

We have a rebuild on the stadium why the hell would we want to just bumble along in the Championship and not go for it

• Admin

What I do know is, when/if he signs BCFC marketing dept will go into overdrive and publicise the signing.  That is their job.

Indeed - thinking back can't recall any of our new signings this summer being photographed in the Atyeo with their scarf / new shirt ?

Indeed - thinking back can't recall any of our new signings this summer being photographed in the Atyeo with their scarf / new shirt ?

Soul Traders post made me wonder if I'd missed the other overdrive activities.

They must still be trying to get the marketing materials for Levi Ives!!! That announcement must come soon ;-)

Archived