IGNORED

Andre Gray - 8 Million Pound Bid?

1960maaan

Loyal Red, you seem to have changed your mind from the above quote to your post last night -

There will be no announcement as he's not signing for BC.

Any reason why you write your posts as if you know stuff cos you seem to be just guessing.

Why do you say he's not signing for city?

One things for sure, this could make a good book, maybe even become a movie as well.

By tomorrow I'm sure we'll have

50 Pages of Gray.

Featuring Lawrie Wilson?

He's quoting LoyalRed's post (though not as actual quote) from earlier.

If I've understood correctly, this relates to Loyal saying that Gray has said nothing on his personal Twitter, so the deal is unlikely.

Did notice Woodsy say the deal was off too, but couldn't tell if that was knowledge, or part of a joke about magpies - that's the level we're at here; confused by nursery rhymes.

Can't wait for the summer to be over...

He's quoting LoyalRed's post (though not as actual quote) from earlier.

If I've understood correctly, this relates to Loyal saying that Gray has said nothing on his personal Twitter, so the deal is unlikely.

Did notice Woodsy say the deal was off too, but couldn't tell if that was knowledge, or part of a joke about magpies - that's the level we're at here; confused by nursery rhymes.

Can't wait for the summer to be over...

I think Woodsy was speculating on the presence of a single magpie, a well known and scientifically proven omen of great peril and sadness

I think Woodsy was speculating on the presence of a single magpie, a well known and scientifically proven omen of great peril and sadness

We've moved from using a network of well-informed scouts, to leaving our transfer policy in the hands of ornithological-related superstition?!

Cotts out.

I wasn't. As Samo said, I was quoting another of Loyal Reds posts from last night but had to copy and paste it. He was the chap who has gone from saying 'we got him' to 'he won't be signing for bc' both of which seemed very matter of fact. I was asking why he had changed his mind. I was also suggesting that he knows sweet fa yet tries to make out he is itk, one of my pet hates.

OMG !! Bog off mate, what do you expect him to be sounding off about it when in the middle of a transfer !?

BCFC have probably told him to keep his trap shut as well !

You mean , not like Ben Hamer then who started adding all sorts of BC tweets and people before it was announced ?

What reason based on previous business or evidence does anyone have that he will sign? There is no reason and no evidence which is why I don't believe he will sign, for 9 million being quoted he will expect a large fee and lots of addons, BC have a wage structure and his "large fee" won't fit it. The longer it goes on the less chance he will sign but that's just my own opinion based on previous dealings recently

What reason based on previous business or evidence does anyone have that he will sign?

I don't believe he will sign, for 9 million being quoted he will expect a large fee and lots of addons, BC have a wage structure and his "large fee" won't fit it.

Just chopped out these two different bits for attention.

The first question of yours; what evidence? From my knowledge, we've nothing to compare it to, other that Gayle, that was hardly like-for-like, so really saying "prove he will!" is pretty fatuous, because none of us can, nor can you prove he won't.

As for the fee; you realise fees and wages are different? Gray was a non-league player 12 months ago, and being that Brentford unlikely threw a massive contract at him, due to the way the operate, it's not beyond possible we're able to offer him more, yet still fit that into our structure.

Not saying he will sign, but trying to firmly say he will or won't based off his Twitter when he's said nothing either way is about as unreliable as you can get.

And you do post like you 'know', so maybe wise to outline your logic to avoid folks yelling "source?" or having a bit of a pop when you explain you've got your info from Twitter.

Archived