IGNORED

Andre Gray - 8 Million Pound Bid?

1960maaan

SC on SSN now - asked about Gayle bid - any chance of resurrecting - Cotts thinks no and made a cryptic comment about what Gayle and his agent said (seems to have taken it a tad personally) and said those sort of things can prevent any chance of these deals resurrecting

Sounds like Gayle & agent were dismissive about us or Cotts himself

Cotts was very calm , controlled an thoughtful

They also said in the lead in that he's denied we've had a bid accepted for Gray

It would seem that in order for City to pickup/attract the type of player that they are looking for a message of intent is required! If we pick up an 8M value player this does send out a message of intent and thus will make them more attractive to other players/agents.

However this will push the money required to buy players up, but SL SC and KB can worry about that

Valencia is out for at least 3 months and Carroll hasn't been fully fit for over a year. I suspect it would be either/or with regards bids for Gray or Austin, but I wouldn't rule them out. There was also something on twitter about Wet Brom being interested, but they're trying to get rid of strikers at the mo so seems unlikely to me

Fair enough. But considering how dismissive people are about Gray reproducing his last season's form in the same league, the gamble is much bigger from Championship to Premiership. Austin is proven at the top level and would represent much less of a gamble for them.

Have to ask yourself why this has been leaked, much like the Gayle deal they're looking for someone else to come in with a higher bid. That said I think this has much more potential than the Gayle deal, we're a bigger club (even with taking the city-tinted glasses off) than Brentford, with just as much chance as being in the Prem in the next 5 years as they have.

He was immense on Saturday as well, so strong and powerful for a small player and took his goal really well. As someone mentioned before if we'd have had him in the positions Alby/Kodjia found themselves in in the first half we'd have been 5-1 up at half time.

SC on SSN now - asked about Gayle bid - any chance of resurrecting - Cotts thinks no and made a cryptic comment about what Gayle and his agent said (seems to have taken it a tad personally) and said those sort of things can prevent any chance of these deals resurrecting

Sounds like Gayle & agent were dismissive about us or Cotts himself

Cotts was very calm , controlled an thoughtful

All in it together mentality there from Cotts, like it

I doubt the agent / player actually sat there and slagged the club or SC off, would they? Insinuate it was said, get the lads more together and we'll show those cockney bastards who we really are

Lot of butthurt on the Brenfrord forum Waaaah, we are bigger than them *sobs, why would he go there *crys

brentford bigger than us?, don't make me ******* laugh, I dont even know where Brentford is, seems like Luton, bigger than us, hahha.

Yeah they are massif to be fair. A whopping 800 of them made the short trip on the M4 Saturday....

Lot of butthurt on the Brenfrord forum Waaaah, we are bigger than them *sobs, why would he go there *crys

brentford bigger than us?, don't make me ******* laugh, I dont even know where Brentford is, seems like Luton, bigger than us, hahha.

Well considering they couldn't sell out their allocation of just 1,200 I think that says all you need to know..

All in it together mentality there from Cotts, like it

I doubt the agent / player actually sat there and slagged the club or SC off, would they? Insinuate it was said, get the lads more together and we'll show those cockney bastards who we really are

Got the impression they almost laughed / sniggered at the thought he come down here, or that type of dismissive approach

If true f him - let's hope he regrets such an attitude

Yeah they are massif to be fair. A whopping 800 of them made the short trip on the M4 Saturday....

A lot of our own fans are deluded about our size and successes, but if you asked a Northerner or Yank to point out on a map where Bristol is and where Brentford is, I'd hazard a guess that more would know/heard of us over another generic London hamlet.

James was a player at the end of his career who wanted a job close to home. SL wanted a 'name'.

Don't think this is the same thing at all. SL wants premier league football for the club and is prepared to pay big transfer fees to get it, but not to ridiculously overpaid journeymen looking for a final big payday (not aimed at James)

Whoosh

:P

Archived