IGNORED

The non-official Fleetwood v City in the FA Cup replay match day thread

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Another 45 minutes of the same please City and that'll do us, then we can all go to the Man Bar to celebrate :laughcont:

I agree. A win is a bit of a boost, almost as important to me is another chance to give some time to the new players in their new team, and for Engvall to get a run out. I suspect if LJ saw this game being do or die, Tammy might have started.

I am telling myself this result matters only a little in the great scheme of things, but would still like to nick it.

4 minutes ago, Fiale said:

half time - deserve to be winning....  let's see what happens 2nd half

Local interest; Taunton 5-1 up at HT.

FA Cup replay with the winners home to City or Fleetwood; Burnley 1-0 up v S'land.

27 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

COME ONNNNNNNNNN

WHERE ARE THE DOUBTERS NOW??????

GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apologies, but I can't help responding to this again.

"Where are the doubters now?"

Well, one is here. And not alone. But obviously after a club record equalling run of consecutive league defeats, preceded by four defeats out of five, we should now all eat humble pie because we have taken an early lead in a game against a team a division below us that will not in the slightest effect our championship status.

You really are an embarrassment to your side of the debate.

I know some see this as a pointless match (some even want us to lose) but I see this as a good chance to gain some confidence going into an important game at the weekend and also it's an extra game for the new boys which will help them become more familiar with their new team mates. Can't see how that is a bad thing?

4 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

I wouldn't say I've crucified both just shown my concerns when both were clearly out of there depth..

Johnson by a country mile.. At least Cotts had a plan, he just wasn't supported by the club!!

Id just like to mention that if ANY other manager in this league had the finance and resources this club has given Johnson they would be challenging at the right end of the table.. 16 defeats in 13 with the money he's spent is an absolute ******* joke IMHO

The thing is - you seem, imo, to constantly denigrate our club and only get vocal on here when it's all going Pete tong. I'd love to see you post a positive comment when it's not but you sort of disappear if we have a positive spell!

Just now, Superjack said:

Well, one is here. And not alone. But obviously after a club record equalling run of consecutive league defeats, preceded by four defeats out of five, we should now all eat humble pie because we have taken an early lead in a game against a team a division below us that will not in the slightest effect our championship status.

Ahhh I noticed you put the league defeats in there. If we win it clearly will be ignored by some like you as it doesn't fit into their arguement.

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

I remember something like this (v Reading?). It can make you look foolish!

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

Personally, I think you actually have to watch the games to slag off the players with any credibility.

Little has been one of the best players lately.

Absolutely. Don't get to matches often as I live away at the moment but caught the home Fleetwood game, Little was my stand out performer.

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Not half as embarrassing as some of the shit posted on here.

Cheer up, we're winning away ;-)

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I know some see this as a pointless match (some even want us to lose) but I see this as a good chance to gain some confidence going into an important game at the weekend and also it's an extra game for the new boys which will help them become more familiar with their new team mates. Can't see how that is a bad thing?

Totally agree and i want us to win but it cocks up Villa away :grr:

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

He isn't the only one.

Theres a dozen or so prolific posters when it goes pear shaped but quiet as mice when its going well...

Indeed - OTIB quickly gets toxic when we're not doing well. Not a nice place to be at the moment.

1 minute ago, cynic said:

Fleetwood won't be rolling over and they'll come out fighting second half.

They are a decent team who've not done themselves justice so far..

I am sure that is right. These games are never easy, witness Lincoln still holding, and to me shading, Ipswich, at the moment. 

Archived