IGNORED

Never feel alone, It's good to talk !!

phantom

On 03/03/2023 at 17:20, ralphindevon said:

Bit late to this, sorry you’ve had such a grim time of it lately. It really is unfair when life throws a bunch of horrible things at you in a short space of time but glad you’re able to share your thoughts on here as it’s good to talk about them.

Also your neighbours sound great and you don’t need me to tell you how good the health system is over there.

All the best with the op next week, you’ll get the best aftercare I’m sure.

Had op on Friday and hopefully going home today. Spoke to Wife and she seems to be settling in despite being very confused. Since being in the home shes had a couple of falls that required hospital visit so am happy she is in the best place.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

Had op on Friday and hopefully going home today. Spoke to Wife and she seems to be settling in despite being very confused. Since being in the home shes had a couple of falls that required hospital visit so am happy she is in the best place.

Sounds like you're both in good hands.

Convalesce well and hope your wife settles in ok. 

• Thanks 1

On 13/03/2023 at 17:32, ralphindevon said:

I’ve known a few go through the same procedures, a right pain while it’s happening but worth it once it’s all done.

Have to say so far its been easier than I thought.  Not really painful but more uncomfortable. Was up same day and able to walk the next (with crutches obviously). Been home (on my own) since Monday and am managing ok even up and down stairs.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Have to say so far its been easier than I thought.  Not really painful but more uncomfortable. Was up same day and able to walk the next (with crutches obviously). Been home (on my own) since Monday and am managing ok even up and down stairs.

That’s good, is Sunday too soon for a place on the bench?

• Haha 2

On 28/03/2023 at 21:13, Reigate Red said:

You really need to be more careful around office stationery.

Good to hear you'll soon be up and running again.

Struggling today for some reason.  Just keep dropping things all the time, crutches included. Doing my bloody head in TBH.

20 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Worn out and worried about your good lady I should think mate. It wears you down without you even realising it. Just look after yourself.

Yes, she's not great just now. Started driving short distances this week but maybe just too much too soon.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2023 at 19:47, BigTone said:

Yes, she's not great just now. Started driving short distances this week but maybe just too much too soon.

Well, if you are back playing golf, that’s progress.

Perhaps just stick to putting for a while, then a few nine irons and you’ll soon be challenging for Augusta - just watch out for those falling pines.

And don’t mention whispering grass.

In all seriousness, I hope things improve for you both shortly.

• Like 1

Easter Saturday I'm pretty certain I encountered her, the one who was less than candid and who I grumbled about last year.

Ummed and aahed a few times but quite rightly said nothing. She was with some friend I assume but who knows- had I been a few drinks in I may have pointed out the juxtaposition of her what seemed to be alias vs real name, marriage vs her stated more open arrangement- but I wasnt so fortunately I did not.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Easter Saturday I'm pretty certain I encountered her, the one who was less than candid and who I grumbled about last year.

Ummed and aahed a few times but quite rightly said nothing. She was with some friend I assume but who knows- had I been a few drinks in I may have pointed out the juxtaposition of her what seemed to be alias vs real name, marriage vs her stated more open arrangement- but I wasnt so fortunately I did not.

As always, less said the better. It would be you who regretted it afterwards.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Midred said:

As always, less said the better. It would be you who regretted it afterwards.

I tend to agree yes. Would have been interesting to see her reaction yo that juxtaposition, name v alias, marriage vs more open arrangement- lkekwiae had I been with certain friends you know the sort of characters that aren't always giving the most sensible advice let's say well something might have slipped out but fortunately neither were a factor!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

• Admin

9s396x.jpg

May is Borderline Personality Disorder Awareness Month ?

It took an extremely long time years in fact to get my diagnosis, I feel extremely grateful to have got my diagnosis and to get the information medication and help I need 

My hideous change in mood from being so happy to feeling like the world is on top of me to feeling unlovable feeling like my friends and family dislike me and I’m far to much for them is something I personally face every day I have very intense emotions and feelings and take things extremely to heart 

I’m impulsive I can be sloppy I’m incredibly emotional I take things the wrong way but I love hard and care for every since person that’s in my circle 

I could go on forever about how BPD has affected my life but I’m here fighting and know I am loved I am wanted and to remember I am simply me ❤️

To all my fellow suffers please know you are not alone ✨

• Like 2
  • Robin 3

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Gave eulogy at my best mates funeral yesterday which wasn't the easiest thing I've done. Henri was 64 and succumbed to 3 years of cancer. Will miss him for sure.

Well done Tone, that could not have been easy. RIP Henri. 

• Thanks 1