IGNORED

Never feel alone, It's good to talk !!

phantom

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Big Tone, what a sad start to 2023 for all family and friends, thoughts are with you all.  

Been coming for a while TBH so no great surprise. No easier though. Out for a bite to eat and a few bevvies tomorrow with a few others to honour his memory.

Edited by BigTone

• Admin

Does anyone have any links to where I can obtain booklets on males suffering domestic abuse etc? 

All I can find online are links to download items but I would prefer something I can keep to hand and read and refer to 

Additionally in the past I have had webinar support for CBT does anyone know any free online support courses please? 

22 hours ago, phantom said:

Does anyone have any links to where I can obtain booklets on males suffering domestic abuse etc? 

All I can find online are links to download items but I would prefer something I can keep to hand and read and refer to 

Additionally in the past I have had webinar support for CBT does anyone know any free online support courses please? 

Men's Advice Line

Offer support for men and boys who are victims of domestic abuse. Call 0808 801 0327, open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

ManKind

Offer support for men and boys who are victims of domestic abuse Call 01823 334244, open Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm.

• Thanks 1

Happy New Year to everyone. Just a reminder that I offer support to anyone if you need a confidential chat. I am a clinical therapist with experience in dealing with a wide range of mental health issues. I work solely online which is actually very beneficial, as you can access support on your phone, tablet or computer. I am fully insured, CRB checked, and although it my job I offer a few free sessions to OTIB. Message me to find out more. Hoping for a good performance on Sunday. COYR. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys

I never thought I’d be in a position to have to post this but please bare with me I really could do with some advice .

I use to live a normal life until covid hit and we were put into lockdown . During lockdown I was driving to work one day when I had a dizzy spell and felt like I was going to pass out . I tried going to see a gp but they weren’t interested and said if it happens again to phone back . Since then I got scared every time I drove or went into a public place which has now developed into me having really bad anxiety every time I’m out in public and it’s ruining my life .

Since this happened two years ago I’ve been self referred to my local iapt centre twice where they don’t have any available therapists for a year . I was then referred by my gp to a liaison service who I had an assessment with and they told me they would ring me in a week to tell me what therapy I was gonna have to move forward. 

Two weeks went past and they hadn’t rung me so I gave them a call and they said they had taken me off the service due to not being able to get hold of me which is a lie as I have rang and checked with vodaphone and I haven’t had a single call or email from them .

Ive given my gp another call but can only get as far as the receptionist. I then had a voice message left from my gp saying they’ve done all they can .

I really don’t think I’m gonna make the next month and don’t know what I can do to get help. Sorry if this doesn’t make sense but I’m all over the place .

Thanks

7 hours ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Hey guys

Hi Toad - just keep in there - ring your surgery back and ask for an appointment - they have to give you one and they have to see you.

There are many people on here who are happy to simply chat to you and help you out.

2 minutes ago, Hxj said:

Hi Toad - just keep in there - ring your surgery back and ask for an appointment - they have to give you one and they have to see you.

There are many people on here who are happy to simply chat to you and help you out.

Thanks mate but I’ve rang them 3 times and each time the gp just leaves a message saying why I was discharged from the liaison service and they can’t do anymore . I could understand if it was my fault but I was wrongly discharged after they didn’t bother getting hold of me . Surely in a legal sense I could take this further ? . 

Thanks for the reply 

1 minute ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Thanks for the reply 

Forget the legal dispute - my mate had similar problems - so rang and said he had a problem with his shoulder - so he got an appointment and took a friend with him to talk for him - he was looked after once he was back in the system. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Thanks mate but I’ve rang them 3 times and each time the gp just leaves a message saying why I was discharged from the liaison service and they can’t do anymore . I could understand if it was my fault but I was wrongly discharged after they didn’t bother getting hold of me . Surely in a legal sense I could take this further ? . 

Thanks for the reply 

Have you heard of PALS? They might be able to help you take things further with the liaison service. 

21 hours ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Hey guys

I never thought I’d be in a position to have to post this but please bare with me I really could do with some advice .

I use to live a normal life until covid hit and we were put into lockdown . During lockdown I was driving to work one day when I had a dizzy spell and felt like I was going to pass out . I tried going to see a gp but they weren’t interested and said if it happens again to phone back . Since then I got scared every time I drove or went into a public place which has now developed into me having really bad anxiety every time I’m out in public and it’s ruining my life .

Since this happened two years ago I’ve been self referred to my local iapt centre twice where they don’t have any available therapists for a year . I was then referred by my gp to a liaison service who I had an assessment with and they told me they would ring me in a week to tell me what therapy I was gonna have to move forward. 

Two weeks went past and they hadn’t rung me so I gave them a call and they said they had taken me off the service due to not being able to get hold of me which is a lie as I have rang and checked with vodaphone and I haven’t had a single call or email from them .

Ive given my gp another call but can only get as far as the receptionist. I then had a voice message left from my gp saying they’ve done all they can .

I really don’t think I’m gonna make the next month and don’t know what I can do to get help. Sorry if this doesn’t make sense but I’m all over the place .

Thanks

Sorry to hear of your predicament. Are there any NHS "walk in" surgeries nearby you could go to ?

3 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Not really mate I’m out in the sticks . I think all they’d do is refer me to iapt who again would just say they have no available appointments for over a year .

Bollox isn't it. You are as entitled to NHS care as much as the next person. Maybe look at what Dolls has suggested.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2023 at 15:00, Winterstoke toad said:

Hey guys

Thanks

I don't live in the West Country but in Norfolk we can self refer for mental health services.  looked up Bristol area and got this for self referral. https://www.vitahealthgroup.co.uk/nhs-services/nhs-mental-health/bristol-north-somerset-and-south-gloucestershire-mental-health-services/  I don't know if this is the group you have been dealing with. If this does not work you can always dial 111 and ask for the mental health section.

On a side note balance issues in the ear are quite common and can disappear as quickly as they arrive. I hope you find some peace. Good luck my friend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyna said:

I don't live in the West Country but in Norfolk we can self refer for mental health services.  looked up Bristol area and got this for self referral. https://www.vitahealthgroup.co.uk/nhs-services/nhs-mental-health/bristol-north-somerset-and-south-gloucestershire-mental-health-services/  I don't know if this is the group you have been dealing with. If this does not work you can always dial 111 and ask for the mental health section.

On a side note balance issues in the ear are quite common and can disappear as quickly as they arrive. I hope you find some peace. Good luck my friend.

Thanks I appreciate it 

• Robin 1

On 14/01/2023 at 15:00, Winterstoke toad said:

Hey guys

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your situation. @Dollymariehas given you some good advice.

You could look at your surgeries complaints procedure on their website. It may be worth contacting the practice/business manager with your concerns and ask to see another GP. Failing that, perhaps try another surgery.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Today's not been fun 

Most recent ex, and two 'friends' conspiring to beat me up in a mental health group, because I'm attending i one after my recent wobble.

Absolutely give up 

Stick with it mate and dont let them grind you down. Do what you need to do for your long term benefit and forget them. Stay strong.

Wife saw Dr on Friday only to be told her cancer is back and has possibly taken up in her liver also. She had a fall at home yesterday and has ended up in hospital so waiting to hear what the outcome is. Spoke to my Sister in Oz this morning as it is the anniversary of Mums passing and was told that Dad is failing rapidly.  Am due to fly over this weekend to see him but now is a quandry as to what I should do, go or stay here.  Life really can be shit sometimes.  

Edited by BigTone
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, BigTone said:

Wife saw Dr on Friday only to be told her cancer is back and has possibly taken up in her liver also. She had a fall at home yesterday and has ended up in hospital so waiting to hear what the outcome is. Spoke to my Sister in Oz this morning as it is the anniversary of Mums passing and was told that Dad is failing rapidly.  Am due to fly over this weekend to see him but now is a quandry as to what I should do, go or stay here.  Life really can be shit sometimes.  

She wont be home today anyway it seems so Fido and I having a day of bonding and treats.

Edited by BigTone