IGNORED

Never feel alone, It's good to talk !!

phantom

6 hours ago, Tyna said:

Well done Tone, that could not have been easy. RIP Henri. 

Given in both English & French. Was asked to read a poem at the last minute which was a problem as I hadn't had time to translate before hand. Think I got it done ok as most of the French in attendance were very complimentary after which was nice.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 3

I'm finally coming through in full the part of no longer wanting to right perceived wrongs via transparency that I nearly pushed through over Easter.

The opportunity would be there, is there but just feels like it would be disproportionate. No longer do I believe that unveiling the truth is a must or even necessary.

Alright to let it lie so long as they cause me no aggravation or similar and no reason to believe that they will. Think I've reached a happy equilibrium at last after many fluctuating and variable views.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, roddy-d said:

That’s not true I spoke out once it made my life harder. 

It can vary certainly! Not saying you did this but were someone to speak out about the specifics of a situation, perhaps even naming an individual (I haven't done this either on here obvs) that can certainly go wrong and or lead to issues.

I used to be a bit more of the mindset e.g. Publish and be damned a decade or so ago wirh certain things. Did indeed lead to some issues at times. See how it can too! Element of bravado, Playing to the Gallery (ie varied mates in both cases and with alcohol often involved)...it all fed in.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It can vary certainly! Not saying you did this but were someone to speak out about the specifics of a situation, perhaps even naming an individual (I haven't done this either on here obvs) that can certainly go wrong and or lead to issues.

I used to be a bit more of the mindset e.g. Publish and be damned a decade or so ago wirh certain things. Did indeed lead to some issues at times. See how it can too! Element of bravado, Playing to the Gallery (ie varied mates in both cases and with alcohol often involved)...it all fed in.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at here Mr Popodopolus. Is that actually your surname. As went to school with a surname like that. My thinking was talking to doctors ?‍♂️

30 minutes ago, roddy-d said:

I’m not sure what you’re getting at here Mr Popodopolus. Is that actually your surname. As went to school with a surname like that. My thinking was talking to doctors ?‍♂️

Crossed wires! Ha yes talking tbh I thought the poster meant where men look to suppress their emotions. I wasn't aware it was necessarily in a professional capacity.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Crossed wires! Ha yes talking tbh I thought the poster meant where men look to suppress their emotions. I wasn't aware it was necessarily in a professional capacity.

Thought so. My sister die for being an alcoholic & she couldn’t get help cause of covid. The funeral was heartbreaking as wasn’t allowed anyone there. So I spoke to doctors the worst thing I ever did. So not always speaking out is for the best. As the doctors let everyone know your problems these days. 

On 18/05/2023 at 14:54, Tafkarmlf said:

It's safeguarding if you or others are at risk.

They do stuff to make sure you're doing that whole living and breathing thing.

Brave call and the right thing to do.

Not sure how it's a bad thing to get help?

Cause I was banned from driving at the time. The doctors used this frame of mind of my sisters death against me. Stopping me get my driving license back even know I passed the medical. That’s why. 

Hey everyone, just wanted to pass a bit of news on that we lost a fellow red this evening my grampy Peter Stone aged 92 , he had watched city for many years I'm not even sure for how long he was going for, before the new stadium was built we used to have to walk through the same gate behind the wedlock stand for good luck ( it never brought any luck ) haha, on his 80th birthday we bumped into Scotty Murray who came over and said hello and wished my grampy a happy birthday it made his day and we still have the photo of them together. One more memory for me which I will never forget was coming back from Wembley having lost to Hull, it fell on my grampys birthday and all the city fans sang happy birthday to him he was over the moon. I will miss him very much but I'm sure he will be looking Down on the gate and willing us to promotion r.i.p grampy Pete ?

• Sad 3
  • Robin 1

12 hours ago, Mattredrobin said:

Hey everyone, just wanted to pass a bit of news on that we lost a fellow red this evening my grampy Peter Stone aged 92 , he had watched city for many years I'm not even sure for how long he was going for, before the new stadium was built we used to have to walk through the same gate behind the wedlock stand for good luck ( it never brought any luck ) haha, on his 80th birthday we bumped into Scotty Murray who came over and said hello and wished my grampy a happy birthday it made his day and we still have the photo of them together. One more memory for me which I will never forget was coming back from Wembley having lost to Hull, it fell on my grampys birthday and all the city fans sang happy birthday to him he was over the moon. I will miss him very much but I'm sure he will be looking Down on the gate and willing us to promotion r.i.p grampy Pete ?

Saddened to hear your news.

RIP Pete

• Like 1

Would you believe that since my mates funeral on 4th May that 3 more close family members have passed away. The last one was my Cousin in Essex last Friday.  I am her only family so it was the Police who came to the door to deliver the news.  Every time I visit my Wife in the Care Home I seem to be delivering bad news.

FFS what a shit year this has become.

Edited by BigTone
  • Sad 4
  • Robin 4

My good mate Peter in Brisbane passed away yesterday.  He was sick from Myleofibrosis but contracted Covid about 2 weeks ago and spent this time in ICU.  He was 66.  Can't believe this year has now taken 5 friends or family since 25th April.  FFS

Edited by BigTone
  • Sad 6

14 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Sorry to hear this Tone , 2023 is not a good year.

Update from me is I currently have a Non Molestation Order against Exy

Day 30 of no incidents, think the two maybe related.

In Court again next week as they're challenging it

Criminal case still on going 

Yuk

Good luck

On 17/07/2023 at 05:00, Tafkarmlf said:

This year can really do one.

Was out to see a show on Saturday with my bestie.

Just before we were due to go in he had a stroke. 

His blood pressure was over 220 when we got to hospital and was still at 160 plus yesterday.

He's alive and conscious but his left side is a mess and he's lost some of his cognitive function, short term memory.

MRI Scan later today to see how much more damage has been done 

:(

That's horrible when something like that happens, the important thing is not to feel responsible in any way, it was something out of your control. Your mind can do cruel and terrible things to you second guessing all sorts of scenarios. 

Just try to be the same good friend to them when they are recovering as you always have been.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Thanks lovely.

It's hard as he's not the same person as before. Although he's still in their the stroke has robbed him of rational thought.

Today's been about him trying to escape hospital and get home as he can't understand, doesn't recognise what's actually happened.

The MRI has confirmed a stroke.

I can only imagine how he must feel as it must be absolutely awful .

I'm still there and not going anywhere. I'm just glad FAST worked and got him to hospital before anything else happened ♥️

In other and continued delightful news Court appearance with exy has shifted to Tuesday.

Exy still seems keen to contest the non Molestation Order in full, despite that being against their own stated aims.of wanting  *checks notes* no contact, by making sure we will have more contact. Absolutely batshit.doesnt cover it.

Has the world actually gone crazy or is it just me?

just sit back look at the world, sadly its just not you. Just remember when you were young and invincible and you ruled the world. (Good luck with the crap). 

On 04/06/2023 at 13:46, Jerseybean said:

IMG_3689.jpeg

Well, that resonated with me. I'm in a whirlwind of change, not my happy place, with kids having just finished their A-levels, me about to start a new job (my choice) and potentially moving back down West, away from this soulless little small-minded town. 

But I feel alone in the world, and although my absolute nonsense on here seems pretty unimportant, I place real value in my interactions with fellow Reds. 

Love to all.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

Well, that resonated with me. I'm in a whirlwind of change, not my happy place, with kids having just finished their A-levels, me about to start a new job (my choice) and potentially moving back down West, away from this soulless little small-minded town. 

But I feel alone in the world, and although my absolute nonsense on here seems pretty unimportant, I place real value in my interactions with fellow Reds. 

Love to all.

Transition, it seems, sometimes comes along in waves. Remarkable how important connection is if if it’s seemingly ‘absolute nonsense on here’ it’s important and the virtual connection and support OTIB provides is IMO immense.

Wishing you well with the changes and the whirlwind of it all.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Love to all.

Always good to hear from you 

• Robin 1

Bit sad that this has moved to general chat, although still pinned, i.m.o without football fans there would be no football chat;

There are many City fans who are going or yet could be going through hell just to get by, and a word or 2 of support from a fellow fan could work wonders and help in there hour of need.

I dont know but I`m guessing this general chat will get less viewing than the main football chat forum, hey maybe its my age and it hasnt moved at all. ?

Anyway football fans also need support at desperate times in their lives, this should be top listing/viewing imo.

Thanks for providing it anyway helped me at a time now past.