IGNORED

Never feel alone, It's good to talk !!

phantom

On 24/12/2023 at 17:21, Shireman1 said:

My first Christmas without my wife, who passed away 5 weeks ago.  66 years together...62 as a married couple.  Our children have provided wonderful support to me....but Christmas will never be the same as before 😞

So sorry to hear your news 😥

Just take one day at a time, it's all you can do 

• Admin

Taken from: https://thefsa.org.uk/our-work/terracetalk/

As the cost of living crisis shows no signs of ending the stress is really mounting up for many of us and that can have a serious impact on mental health.

Back in 2021 the FSA launched #TerraceTalk, a supporter-led mental health initiative, which included a series of events from panel discussions to training for FSA staff and volunteers, and the sharing of resources with supporter groups.

The aim of the campaign is to encourage open and honest conversations about mental health and encourage supporters who need them to seek out mental health support services. A central theme of #TerraceTalk is to remember and recognise the value that the social aspects of the matchday routine provide to fans up and down the country.

One of the many lessons learned from the pandemic and our collective experience of lockdowns was a greater appreciation of the value that the matchday and our social interactions around it can have on our mental health.

#TerraceTalk resources:

Download: #TerraceTalk social media assets. If you would like a bespoke #TerraceTalk image including your group’s logo contact us.

Find out more: fan groups highlight mental health support work

Useful links:

Contact Mind for dealing with mental health matters – Mind also have a partnership with the EFL. Other useful resources…

Age UK – call 0800 678 1602 8am-7pm

Alcoholics Anonymous or call 0800 9177 650

Andy’s Man Club

CALMzone – call 0800 585858

Childline or call 0800 1111

Mental Health First Aid (England)

Mental Health First Aid (Wales)

Mental Health Matters

National Domestic Abuse Helpline – call 0808 2000 247

National Gambling Helpline or call 0808 8020 133

Samaritans – 116 123 call any time for free

SHOUT 85258 – a text-only 24 hour confidential mental health support service – text 85258

• Like 1

• Admin
14 minutes ago, phantom said:

Taken from: https://thefsa.org.uk/our-work/terracetalk/

As the cost of living crisis shows no signs of ending the stress is really mounting up for many of us and that can have a serious impact on mental health.

Back in 2021 the FSA launched #TerraceTalk, a supporter-led mental health initiative, which included a series of events from panel discussions to training for FSA staff and volunteers, and the sharing of resources with supporter groups.

The aim of the campaign is to encourage open and honest conversations about mental health and encourage supporters who need them to seek out mental health support services. A central theme of #TerraceTalk is to remember and recognise the value that the social aspects of the matchday routine provide to fans up and down the country.

One of the many lessons learned from the pandemic and our collective experience of lockdowns was a greater appreciation of the value that the matchday and our social interactions around it can have on our mental health.

#TerraceTalk resources:

Download: #TerraceTalk social media assets. If you would like a bespoke #TerraceTalk image including your group’s logo contact us.

Find out more: fan groups highlight mental health support work

Useful links:

Contact Mind for dealing with mental health matters – Mind also have a partnership with the EFL. Other useful resources…

Age UK – call 0800 678 1602 8am-7pm

Alcoholics Anonymous or call 0800 9177 650

Andy’s Man Club

CALMzone – call 0800 585858

Childline or call 0800 1111

Mental Health First Aid (England)

Mental Health First Aid (Wales)

Mental Health Matters

National Domestic Abuse Helpline – call 0808 2000 247

National Gambling Helpline or call 0808 8020 133

Samaritans – 116 123 call any time for free

SHOUT 85258 – a text-only 24 hour confidential mental health support service – text 85258

My life has finally moved on after decades of mental health issues, this time last year things were just starting to come crashing down around me and really bring everything to a head.

I was lucky that a number of people stood by me and gave me the strength and courage to seek help.

After many appointments and mental examinations I was fortunate enough to be able to undertake a number of different therapies over a nine months period which at times were very hard and brought out horrible emotions and reactions, but that was all part of the journey and entrusting those supporting me has assisted me with getting to where I am today

I'm by no means the finished article yet, I had a wobble on my birthday on Boxing Day but going into 2024 I'm on a much better footing compared to starting 2023 and it gives me the confidence and belief that there are only brilliant times ahead now, and for once I am actually looking forward to shaping my future

For anyone struggling in a dark place, it is OK to not be OK, at some point it happens to us all.

Some people are fortunate enough to be able to deal with it but some of us weren't.

There are useful links in the attached article where you can click on, nobody will judge you, people are genuinely there to help you 🫂

• Like 12
  • Robin 3

It's my birthday today, I'm twenty seven years old. I've been on this forum since I was around eleven and that in of itself has provoked some self reflection. To think that there are some posters that have kept me amused and informed for my entire adolescence (which was not an easy time for me personally) and now my adulthood which has thankfully been much more happy and fulfilling.

Whether it's been a doom scroll at 2am when I have work tomorrow, checking in during a game or coming on to bemoan yet another loss, this board has been rather important to me over the years. I'd like to thank everybody here as we do have one hell of a forum considering how pokey our football club is.

A happy new year to you all!

Edited by The Nest Egg
  • Like 5
  • Robin 6

Hey everyone, decided to give the west ham replay a miss. I went to the game at the London stadium I enjoyed the game and taking my son to the game but my mental health has taking a nose dive the last day or 2 and I just can't face going this is the 1st time ever I have felt this way about attending because it is always something that has helped my mental health, feel sad that I feel this way but know it will help me in the long run.

• Robin 1

7 hours ago, Mattredrobin said:

Hey everyone, decided to give the west ham replay a miss. I went to the game at the London stadium I enjoyed the game and taking my son to the game but my mental health has taking a nose dive the last day or 2 and I just can't face going this is the 1st time ever I have felt this way about attending because it is always something that has helped my mental health, feel sad that I feel this way but know it will help me in the long run.

Do what you have to do Matt to keep yourself on an even keel. At the end of the day its your health that matters not just for you but your Son and family also. Take care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/01/2024 at 07:23, BigTone said:

My Sister passed away during the night aged 72 from that bastard that is cancer.

Sorry to read this, sending my condolences, here is hoping there are better days ahead. 

• Thanks 1

On 09/02/2024 at 18:02, Red Army 75 said:

Wake up give your loved ones a kiss. Daily 

I would but my Wife gets jealous if I go and see Marjorie & Veronique in the local cafe every morning.

Edited by BigTone
  • Flames 1

Quick post here, a service message that hopefully may help.

As a slim, pretty fit late 40-something I nevertheless found out that I have high cholesterol and am prediabetic a week ago.  Now I knew my diet wasn't good but never imagined I'd be told this via a blood test.  Things should be totally reversible - hopefully just through overhauling what I eat/drink which I have already done like a man possessed - but the point of this post is if you are not sure you're eating well and you are a similar age, it couldn't hurt to get a blood test.  It's actually never too early to think about these things but you really want to avoid developing Type-2 diabetes and if you are middle aged it's important as you don't want to increase your risk of heart disease or stroke.

That was it really.  

• Like 2

Dont know what to do?

Cancer survivor, after a bowel tumor removed, many tests followed over must be 3yrs now; MRI scans, CTscans Bloods, Ultra Sound Scans, Colonoscopy tests, 4monthly then 6 monthly all clear; but now after many, cancelled by me, the last Colonoscopy test has been booked yet again.

At 70 this test on its own is not without risk as some on here will know, even if small polyps are found and removed this could cause bleeds and major ops, really tempted to call a halt now as if anything is found (unlikely) then major surgery could well be required which I really would not interested in, colonstomey bags etc.

Feeling great, old but working every day, no probs, tempted to cancel again and what happens happens after but getting through another endoscopy clear would probably clear things till the end of my days.

Been through a lot over the last 3yrs, really dont know which way to go 🤔

Edited by mason
  • Robin 2

On 18/02/2024 at 21:33, mason said:

Dont know what to do?

Cancer survivor, after a bowel tumor removed, many tests followed over must be 3yrs now; MRI scans, CTscans Bloods, Ultra Sound Scans, Colonoscopy tests, 4monthly then 6 monthly all clear; but now after many, cancelled by me, the last Colonoscopy test has been booked yet again.

At 70 this test on its own is not without risk as some on here will know, even if small polyps are found and removed this could cause bleeds and major ops, really tempted to call a halt now as if anything is found (unlikely) then major surgery could well be required which I really would not interested in, colonstomey bags etc.

Feeling great, old but working every day, no probs, tempted to cancel again and what happens happens after but getting through another endoscopy clear would probably clear things till the end of my days.

Been through a lot over the last 3yrs, really dont know which way to go 🤔

I suffered with a condition many years ago that meant me having regular colonoscopies. It's reared it's head again so had to have a colonoscopy two weeks ago to rule out cancer. Apart from the revolting preparation you have to drink the day before, it was really a easy & painless procedure. My advice would be to have it. Prevention is better than cure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrizzler said:

I suffered with a condition many years ago that meant me having regular colonoscopies. It's reared it's head again so had to have a colonoscopy two weeks ago to rule out cancer. Apart from the revolting preparation you have to drink the day before, it was really a easy & painless procedure. My advice would be to have it. Prevention is better than cure. 

Had many already every 3mths then 6mths all clear, gas and air is out due to copd and sedation injection is also difficult as the wife doesnt drive and you arent supposed to drive after sedation. So it certainly is not painless or without risk internal tears/bleeds. 50/50 atm risk verses need.

Original consoltant wanted a "belt and braces" action of a section of bowel removed with COL bag etc and all that risk involved with that, luckily another option was given tumor removed from the inside and then 3yrs observation chose the later.

• Robin 1

6 hours ago, mason said:

Had many already every 3mths then 6mths all clear, gas and air is out due to copd and sedation injection is also difficult as the wife doesnt drive and you arent supposed to drive after sedation. So it certainly is not painless or without risk internal tears/bleeds. 50/50 atm risk verses need.

Original consoltant wanted a "belt and braces" action of a section of bowel removed with COL bag etc and all that risk involved with that, luckily another option was given tumor removed from the inside and then 3yrs observation chose the later.

I'm sure you will make the right decision, you have to do what you feel comfortable with. Good luck with it all. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Chrizzler said:

I'm sure you will make the right decision, you have to do what you feel comfortable with. Good luck with it all. 

Cheers mate, will prob go with it, booked in a couple of weeks, theres always a taxi suppose👍

The situation regarding my Wife has been shared on here a few times over the past 12 months.  This time last year she was admitted to a Care Home and was all but bedridden. She remained for 8 months.  In Oct 2023 I took the decision to bring her home because she had worked so hard to try and overcome her problems and I felt she deserved the opportunity to try and lead a normal life again. She has done really well with her determination to overcome all.

Today I booked us a Christmas cruise around the Med starting on 23rd Dec for 8 days.  Would never have envisaged this 12 months ago and in all honesty doubted she would still be with us at this time.  10 months to go I know but this has given her another goal to focus on and work towards. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 19

On 09/01/2024 at 07:23, BigTone said:

My Sister passed away during the night aged 72 from that bastard that is cancer.

Just catching up with this thread hence the late response. 
Hope you and your wife are coping mate

Let’s hope a cure can be found soon - Cancer Research is one of the charities I give to regularly. 

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mason said:

Crappy prep starts Sunday, little to no food and the drink of doom; been there done that many times, dont get any easier though 🤢

I feel for you, that bits worse than the procedure, revolting. Good for you for doing it though. Look forward to a fry up on Monday evening. 

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, mason said:

Crappy prep starts Sunday, little to no food and the drink of doom; been there done that many times, dont get any easier though 🤢

I’ve had that a few times - for the camera up the old jacksy. 
I like the ‘drink of doom’ description - very apt!!!

good luck mate. 

• Thanks 1

On 08/03/2024 at 19:26, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’ve had that a few times - for the camera up the old jacksy. 
I like the ‘drink of doom’ description - very apt!!!

good luck mate. 

Def interesting looking at screen of the long journey 🤢 Tried without pain relief, didnt go to well, gas and air fail as well as COPD, so pain relief it is then and will get the non driving wife or taxi to take me home...honest gov :liar:

Edited by mason