IGNORED

Bristol's best restaurants?

CyderInACan

2 hours ago, Club and Country said:

I’m really torn between whether to go to Casa this Friday night or Cor in bedminster if anyone can help!

I popped into Cor for a midweek lunch the other day , was very nice. As it was only lunch we didn’t go massive on order like we prob would have in evening.

I didn’t have a desert either but have latterly heard they are awesome 

sure both options will be good , and whichever one you pick you can keep the other in pocket for next time ha 

15 hours ago, internetjef said:

I popped into Cor for a midweek lunch the other day , was very nice. As it was only lunch we didn’t go massive on order like we prob would have in evening.

I didn’t have a desert either but have latterly heard they are awesome 

Good to hear mate. I'm gonna try and go next couple of weeks.

Not surprised re: the desserts. Mark's goxua (a basque tradition) he did at Gambas was bloody lush, must have had it half a dozen times over the years!

10 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Probably not ranked in any list of Bristol’s best restaurants, but has anybody on here tried either the Mezze restaurant in Downend (formerly The Green Dragon) or The Grapevine in Mangotsfield?

If so, any comments, favourable or otherwise?

Thanks

Mezze used to be outstanding. Haven't been in a while but I heard the chef there left and it's supposedly not as good these days, but could be nonsense.

Have heard good things about The Grapevine but yet to eat there myself.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Thanks 1

On 05/12/2022 at 19:50, Club and Country said:

I’m really torn between whether to go to Casa this Friday night or Cor in bedminster if anyone can help!

So went with my original choice which was Cor

absolutely superb, good atmosphere (great little playlist sounding in the background) food was absolutely spot on , 100% be back there

• Like 2

On 11/12/2022 at 18:40, TonyTonyTony said:

Enjoy. The staff are amazing as well - great banter and very friendly 

Certainly get the hype. Food was brilliant and portions were huge, already excited for tomorrows leftovers. 

Wasnt a spare table in there either which must be hard to come by anywhere on a Monday night 

• Like 1

Just now, Slippin cider said:

It is an exquisite dish , we always order it when getting a takeaway from there . The rest of their menu is just as nice ? 

Absolutely.
We found the staff there are great too, very friendly and helpful. Check out their Instagram , very funny.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

This is turning into it's own legend. We have recommended Urban Tandor to so many friends, for this dish alone .

8 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

It is an exquisite dish , we always order it when getting a takeaway from there . The rest of their menu is just as nice ? 

It's delicious for sure, however its clearly more an Indo-China dish. Wouldn't be out of place in a chinese restaurant.

On 10/12/2022 at 05:22, Club and Country said:

So went with my original choice which was Cor

absolutely superb, good atmosphere (great little playlist sounding in the background) food was absolutely spot on , 100% be back there

I made it to Cor for lunch last week and was impressed. Selection of cured meats, oyster, scallop, cannellini beans with a beure blanc, wild sea bass, a "Bristol 75" cocktail and the desserts were all highlights. I had cuttlefish as a main as I'd never had it before, interesting and not unlikeable but I'd probably choose something different next time. 

Went to The Mint Room for the first time in years too. Still very good, but my god the service was slooooooow. Maybe let them off given the time of year and large parties, but still...

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I made it to Cor for lunch last week and was impressed. Selection of cured meats, oyster, scallop, cannellini beans with a beure blanc, wild sea bass, a "Bristol 75" cocktail and the desserts were all highlights. I had cuttlefish as a main as I'd never had it before, interesting and not unlikeable but I'd probably choose something different next time. 

Went to The Mint Room for the first time in years too. Still very good, but my god the service was slooooooow. Maybe let them off given the time of year and large parties, but still...

Same opinion on the cuttlefish, luckily we found the other dishes so good it didn’t matter (the cannellini beans in particular)

on souk kitchen agreed, an absolutely banging restaurant 

• Like 1