IGNORED

Bristol's best restaurants?

CyderInACan

Bristol Live's Mark Taylor  has given us the "Five exciting new Bristol restaurants to check out in 2023"

One of the big new city centre launches is Muse Brasserie, which replaces the short-lived Prince Street Social on the ground floor of Crown House in Prince Street.

Chef Director Franck Grillet has built up a formidable reputation at the original Muse Brasserie in Cheltenham and the restaurant’s fusion of European and Asian cooking is sure to prove equally popular in Bristol.

After a series of brief residencies and pop-ups around Bristol, including a short stint at the Bristol Old Vic, Grano has just opened its first permanent site in Old Market. It has taken over the site of Glitch, which is where it held its first pop-up in 2018, and Piedmontese chef Alberto Noriega is serving fresh seasonal pasta dishes, meat and vegetarian main courses and, of course, Grano’s much loved tiramisu - regarded by many to be the best in Bristol

Pizzacci is scheduled to open on the Promenade at Gloucester Road in early 2023. It’s the latest venture from the team behind Bosco Pizzeria on Whiteleadies Road and although they are keeping the menu a secret until they launch, pizzas (whole or by the slice) and soft serve ice cream are promised, as well as frozen cocktails.

Bristol’s blossoming plant-based food scene promises to get even better when the city gets its first branch of Pastan, which is due to open soon in the old Friska cafe site on Prince Street, just off Queen Square.

Boxhall food hall is now due to open in the summer of 2023. The converted sheds on Welsh Back will feature seven kitchens for local independent food businesses, chosen by well known Bristol chef Josh Eggleton.

Just come back, luckily in time for the darts, from the new incarnation of the erstwhile Caffe Saaz (Saaz Mezze ) on North St. Really good Turkish mezze choices plus the generous £2.50 BYO allowance makes it an incredibly good choice for a decent feast. The portions are very generous as @Scrumpy Dziek will attest. 

22 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Off to Rocksalt tonight, new one for me.

Reporting back.
I had the Duck spring rolls, very nice , and the Kerala Beef Curry which was excellent. The Wife had Tandori Lamb chops which were very nice and we shared Bombay Aloo & Rice. Everything was delicious and the service was very good. 
With drinks (Inc bottle of wine) for 4 of us it was just over £150.

We will definitely go back.

• Like 3

On 30/12/2022 at 21:56, CyderInACan said:

Just come back, luckily in time for the darts, from the new incarnation of the erstwhile Caffe Saaz (Saaz Mezze ) on North St. Really good Turkish mezze choices plus the generous £2.50 BYO allowance makes it an incredibly good choice for a decent feast. The portions are very generous as @Scrumpy Dziek will attest. 

Used to love Cafe Sazz back in the day. Their breakfasts were the best hangover cure on North St, and the mezze platters and baklava great too. 

On 30/12/2022 at 21:56, CyderInACan said:

Or even @SuperDziek?

• Haha 2

• Admin
8 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Can't believe Blue Ginger is on there. Went in the summer and it was bang average. 

Blue Ginger used to be top notch, it was owned by the brothers who own Golden Moments in Saltford, it has changed hands a couple of times since they decided to concentrate all their efforts into the Saltford restaurant.  Went to Blue Ginger once for Xmas dinner and the food was all home cooked, their mum made some awesome dishes not usually on the menu.

To be honest, I find Paprika in the same rank of shops to be better now, but that is still just a decent curry house, although nothing out of the ordinary as far as dishes or originality

11 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Blue Ginger used to be top notch, it was owned by the brothers who own Golden Moments in Saltford, it has changed hands a couple of times since they decided to concentrate all their efforts into the Saltford restaurant.  Went to Blue Ginger once for Xmas dinner and the food was all home cooked, their mum made some awesome dishes not usually on the menu.

To be honest, I find Paprika in the same rank of shops to be better now, but that is still just a decent curry house, although nothing out of the ordinary as far as dishes or originality

Top lads the brothers at golden moments in saltford , regular visitor for takeaways from there however have never eaten in

• Admin
9 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Top lads the brothers at golden moments in saltford , regular visitor for takeaways from there however have never eaten in

They are, if I go in they’ll cook me something off menu, did me a proper feast for my birthday one year, just a shame GM isn’t in walking distance.

On 06/01/2023 at 14:54, Ecko said:

Booked COR for my birthday. Has anyone been? 

Yes, previous page.

On 06/01/2023 at 16:14, Club and Country said:

Few posts above, I thought it was superb and we had a great meal there , sat at the bar aswell which is always my go to place if possible 

Same. Service was excellent too. Our front of house was also a chef there which is helpful for questions about the food and pairing drinks. 

4 hours ago, Rob k said:

I went to Il Gusto on chipping sodbury high street last night, in the group we all had pizzas and various pasta dishes but all very much enjoyed, very reasonable prices too. 

I haven't eaten there yet Rob, even though I walk past it most days. Locals say it's decent grub at reasonable prices, and that the Sunday lunch is decent as well. Sort of middle of the road hearty food, well cooked at a reasonable price.

Although its advertised as 'Italian' it's sort of misleading. As it's not Authentic Italian. 

Yes it serves Pizza and pasta dishes, but you only have to look at the menu to realise it's not ' authentic'. 

The pizza menu is especially telling. Apart from the Margherita...not one other pizza is authentic Italian...and there is a Hawaiian ?? 

It did make me giggle...most just have a bunch of random different toppings and an Italian name attached to them. The Fiorentina is hilarious. 

It makes sense though, as numerous people have told me they are Albanian and not Italian. 

The same people have also opened the Greek takeaway at the bottom of the high st. 

I now fancy a pizza tonight, so may get a take away from there tonight, just to say I've tried. ☺️?

Either way...never heard a bad word said about the place, only good experiences.

I can highly recommend the Thai at the bottom of the high st. It's very good. Ran by the same Thai family for years.

Avoid the Tudor Raj Indian. It's shocking. 

Tbh...we've got some pretty poor standard eateries in and around Sodders. Shame really, as it has great potential for someone to come in and make a statement.

On a tangent...I had some authentic Italian food in Nailsworth recently. Giuseppe's...Calabrian chap. Also sold me from his kitchen a years worth of Nduja and some home made Cannoli nom nom ❤️? Can highly recommend. No fuss, non pretentious. Just real and authentic and really friendly, at decent prices.