IGNORED

Bristol's best restaurants?

CyderInACan

22 hours ago, Slacker said:

Looking for an all you can eat/buffet style tapas restaurant for a leisurely late afternoon/early evening family thing.Any recommendations please?

Not sure tapas is compatible with buffets. Small dishes made to order and served immediately 

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Not sure tapas is compatible with buffets. Small dishes made to order and served immediately 

Maybe somewhere that you pay one price and can keep choosing dishes would have been a better way of me putting it.

12 hours ago, Slacker said:

Maybe somewhere that you pay one price and can keep choosing dishes would have been a better way of me putting it.

Za Za Bazar on the harbourside do a decent value all-you-can-eat buffet. Lots to choose from. 

https://www.zazabazaar.com/

And Casa Brasil in Cabot Circus

https://www.casabrasilrestaurants.co.uk/our-menus

Edited by CyderInACan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Za Za Bazar on the harbourside do a decent value all-you-can-eat buffet. Lots to choose from. 

https://www.zazabazaar.com/

And Casa Brasil in Cabot Circus

https://www.casabrasilrestaurants.co.uk/our-menus

Thanks Cyder.Been to zaza before. Quite an experience!Casa Brasil looks quite interesting. To be honest,it is not so much the volume of food that I am looking for,more a place where we can go for a good few hours of steady grazing and drinking. Will definitely look into Casa Brasil though.

Just now, Slacker said:

Thanks Cyder.Been to zaza before. Quite an experience!Casa Brasil looks quite interesting. To be honest,it is not so much the volume of food that I am looking for,more a place where we can go for a good few hours of steady grazing and drinking. Will definitely look into Casa Brasil though.

Casa Brasil is table service too so a bit more relaxed. Enjoy. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Pub. Crisps. Booze. 

Result.

• Flames 1

20 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Nice! I’m also booked in for my bday in July. Surprise tasting menu sounds fun ?

You're in for an absolute treat, chef.

Gordon was front and centre at the kitchen and on service. He doesn't take any shit. My missus had an existential crisis about eating a homemade black pudding, which was accompanying a beautiful portion of suckling pig, for some reason. Gordon's response "nay pudding for you!"

It's firmly in the "eat what you get" style of tasting menu, but everything was on point and I would HIGHLY recommend the wine flight. I got to taste some truly unique wines, that were paired beautifully with each dish. Canadian ice wine, anyone??!

I won't go into any more detail on the dishes to ruin any surprises, though by all accounts he changes up the menu regularly with seasonal produce. 

Service was really friendly (Gordon's other half) and overall I'm putting this in the top three meals I've ever eaten out. 

Enjoy mate!

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Gordon was front and centre at the kitchen and on service. He doesn't take any shit. My missus had an existential crisis about eating a homemade black pudding, which was accompanying a beautiful portion of suckling pig, for some reason. Gordon's response "nay pudding for you!"

It's firmly in the "eat what you get" style of tasting menu, but everything was on point and I would HIGHLY recommend the wine flight. I got to taste some truly unique wines, that were paired beautifully with each dish. Canadian ice wine, anyone??!

I won't go into any more detail on the dishes to ruin any surprises, though by all accounts he changes up the menu regularly with seasonal produce. 

Service was really friendly (Gordon's other half) and overall I'm putting this in the top three meals I've ever eaten out. 

Enjoy mate!

Thanks for that write up. Sounds like a great experience. Might have to give it a go in the future. 

Got introduced to Canadian Ice wine when I first worked and lived in Canada. I'm guessing you had it with your dessert? Hardly heard of over here. We used to have an Ice wine festival and food and wine festival where I lived in Canada.

https://www.sunpeaksresort.com/explore/stories-inspiration/a-winter-of-wine-in-sun-peaks

Surprising how many Canadian wineries there are. 

Did they explain how the Ice Wine was made? It's an unusual process. Frozen grapes basically. 

Thanks again for the review. Sounds great. ?

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

Thanks for that write up. Sounds like a great experience. Might have to give it a go in the future. 

Got introduced to Canadian Ice wine when I first worked and lived in Canada. I'm guessing you had it with your dessert? Hardly heard of over here. We used to have an Ice wine festival and food and wine festival where I lived in Canada.

https://www.sunpeaksresort.com/explore/stories-inspiration/a-winter-of-wine-in-sun-peaks

Surprising how many Canadian wineries there are. 

Did they explain how the Ice Wine was made? It's an unusual process. Frozen grapes basically. 

Thanks again for the review. Sounds great. ?

Yes, missus Jones explained how ice wine was made and even went as far as to say Canadian wine was her favourite on the planet. I'd never heard anyone say that before and it was clear she really knew her stuff.

The ice wine was absolutely gorgeous and a perfect accompaniment with the dessert. It was so good I nearly ordered another glass. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Enjoy mate!

Thank you for the write up , booked for my parents 50th wedding anniversary in August 

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, missus Jones explained how ice wine was made and even went as far as to say Canadian wine was her favourite on the planet. I'd never heard anyone say that before and it was clear she really knew her stuff.

The ice wine was absolutely gorgeous and a perfect accompaniment with the dessert. It was so good I nearly ordered another glass. 

That's some statement from her. 

You don't get much of it in the UK. I think Waitrose might stock some. 

It ain't cheap though. 

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

That's some statement from her. 

You don't get much of it in the UK. I think Waitrose might stock some. 

It ain't cheap though. 

Yeah it was. Gordon is from Banffshire in Scotland. I assume Banff in Canada is named after it. No idea if he has a connection to Canada, he had a thick Scottish accent. I'll definitely be seeking out some Canadian ice wine in future. I'm a big Pedro Ximenez fan for dessert but this topped it! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Pub. Crisps. Booze. 

Result.

10 hours ago, Slacker said:

I wanted to have a change!

Pub. Booze. Crisps

Done!

• Flames 1

On 11/05/2023 at 17:53, Kid in the Riot said:

Enjoy mate!

Wow! Sounds like a great experience. Top 3 meals as well, woahhhhh. Thanks loads for reporting back :) Can’t bloody wait!

Also going to Cor on the same day for lunch, so an absolute food bonanza for me that day ?

I’m leaving Kiln in Soho early next month (banger of a restaurant if anyone hasn’t been yet) so looking forward to having a life again and eating out at some other places ?

• Like 1