IGNORED

Bristol's best restaurants?

CyderInACan

@TomF

Everyday Thai Restaurant
0117 965 7007
https://maps.google.com?q=Everyday Thai Restaurant, 11 New Station Rd, Bristol BS16 3RP&ftid=0x48718fdc88a1db7f:0x6d86ab63d1291c69&hl=en-GB&gl=uk&entry=gps&lucs=47067413&g_st=ic

Was decent and now much happier that they’re 5 stars for hygiene. They were something poor like a 2 which put me off before!

• Like 1

On 04/06/2023 at 19:12, Ecko said:

Has anyone been to Izakaya in clifton? Looking to go there next weekend.

Yes, a fair few times. It’s really really excellent. Super relaxed, busy atmosphere. If you have enough of you, and like it obvs, the salmon set is delicious.  

I get either the Chicken Yakiudon or Kitsune Udon. Squid or Chicken karaage as sides I’d really recommend too. 

Ahhh Christ you’ve made me want to go book a table myself now!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Antman said:

general fuckwittery from the EP regards Hotel Du Vin.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/bristol-restaurant-one-most-stunning-8495454

i'm interested to know how they get such great views of the suspension bridge from the centre? :)

Bristol World is where you wanna be for food recs and reviews now. Mark Taylor is really good at covering all bases.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Finally managed to get time to go to moltobuono before the UCL final tomorrow eve. @Kid in the Riot remember you giving it a glowing review, any reccs?

On Park St? Yes, been a couple of times. It's owned by a characterful Sardinian chap and the food is excellent. I had a truffle pasta last time washed down with a bottle of grillo (between two of us!).

The pasta is homemade and served perfectly al dente. It's just very high quality traditional Italian food - enjoy! 

• Flames 1

On 09/06/2023 at 15:44, Kid in the Riot said:

On Park St? Yes, been a couple of times. It's owned by a characterful Sardinian chap and the food is excellent. I had a truffle pasta last time washed down with a bottle of grillo (between two of us!).

The pasta is homemade and served perfectly al dente. It's just very high quality traditional Italian food - enjoy! 

Was certainly an enjoyable one - we were in an out within 35 minutes too (including a starter!), service was brilliant. Great vibes in there and decorated the place beautifully. 

Highly recommend for anyone after somewhere that ticks all the boxes for an Italian. 

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Was certainly an enjoyable one - we were in an out within 35 minutes too (including a starter!), service was brilliant. Great vibes in there and decorated the place beautifully. 

Highly recommend for anyone after somewhere that ticks all the boxes for an Italian. 

In and out in 35 minutes? Is that a good thing? ?

what’s the point in going out for a meal if you’re done that quick? 

5 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

Was only 2 of us, clearly just a really well oiled machine. Wasnt rushed at all either. Far better than waiting around for ages or struggling to get the bill which is so often the case in places!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jambodinho said:

I had a massage once and was in and out in less than two minutes. ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TomF said:

Forgot to say thanks for the recommendation, we had a lovely meal last weekend.  Really nice place, staff and food was spot on.  As you say parking was a breeze! 

No probs at all, im glad you both enjoyed it, i certainly did and will be heading back soon with my wife. 

On 16/06/2023 at 09:41, petehinton said:

Doing Milk Bun tonight - first time so buzzing, any recommendations for those who’ve been?

What did you think? I went a couple of weeks ago and had the Pablo - thought it was excellent. Fries are OK, chicken wings are great. Would say slightly on the pricey side, especially the beers, but probably standard for CV restaurants. Would defo go back again.

8 hours ago, Bob Turnip said:

What did you think? I went a couple of weeks ago and had the Pablo - thought it was excellent. Fries are OK, chicken wings are great. Would say slightly on the pricey side, especially the beers, but probably standard for CV restaurants. Would defo go back again.

Was delicious to be fair. Loved the loaded fries. Had the bronx with bacon, will definitely go back to try a chicken burger. Really lovely interior and just love that area of Clifton village, find it mega relaxing. 

Burger Theory still my favourite Bristol burger place for sure though. 

15 hours ago, petehinton said:

Was delicious to be fair. Loved the loaded fries. Had the bronx with bacon, will definitely go back to try a chicken burger. Really lovely interior and just love that area of Clifton village, find it mega relaxing. 

Burger Theory still my favourite Bristol burger place for sure though. 

Ah, I've not been there since they were a pop-up in Kong's - will have to go back.

Would recommend trying Danny's Burgers - they are a pop-up/mobile based at Fierce & Noble's tap room. Very tasty.

For me, the best burgers by a mile were at Chomp - sadly no longer around.

2 hours ago, Bob Turnip said:

Ah, I've not been there since they were a pop-up in Kong's - will have to go back.

Would recommend trying Danny's Burgers - they are a pop-up/mobile based at Fierce & Noble's tap room. Very tasty.

Love Danny’s, handily live close to paintworks so wander down on a Thursday lunchtime whenever they’re there. Definitely worth the hype. 

• Like 1

On 20/06/2023 at 08:55, Bob Turnip said:

Gutted Chomp are no more, they were easily my fav burger in Bristol. Was always hoping that they'd open back up after lockdown.

On the subject of burgers, the other half and I went to Squeezed. They also serve home made lemonade, hence the name!

https://maps.app.goo.gl/83rBpQhWLiw7E8Vf9?g_st=ic

Got to be the best burgers I’ve had since Hob Goblin in their peak.

Must try.

I had a double patty with fries and their lemonade and it filled me up so much, I didn’t need dinner in the evening. Their French fries are something else too. 

?

• Like 4

Went to Lamaya, the Lebanese place in Finzels Reach.
Because we were just passing and feeling lazy, we went for the take away. Good value .A Chicken wrap & fries, Falafal wrap & fries & 2 soft drinks under £18 , really tasty. We will definitely go back for a sit down .

• Like 1

Went to Noah’s in the week. Very nice grub for all 4 diners , starters and mains

I had been a bit surprised as I expected there to be a posh cod and chips for about £15 , then loads of much more expensive dishes beyond that 

as it was the cod and chips was about £18, but most of the rest of mains weren’t any more than £25. So wasnt quite the two tier menu I had expected 

Any suggestions for an Italian central (ish) to meet some friends in August. It has to be kid friendly (3 and 2 year old). Was thinking la grotto, many Friday lunch time spent there , but understand now closed. Last time in Bristol we were taken to Prezzo and it was shit . Any independent recommendations would be welcome 

43 minutes ago, daored said:

Any suggestions for an Italian central (ish) to meet some friends in August. It has to be kid friendly (3 and 2 year old). Was thinking la grotto, many Friday lunch time spent there , but understand now closed. Last time in Bristol we were taken to Prezzo and it was shit . Any independent recommendations would be welcome 

Pasta Ripena would be my recommendation. From the same camp as Pasta Loco above

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daored said:

If you don’t need to be in Bristol centre:

Italian Kitchen, Hanham.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/WdBZHoNrx8qeyYtc6?g_st=ic

If you’d rather be in Bristol, then Don Giovanni’s for sure:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/fCJa2ZyNjRWmM39U6?g_st=ic

Both are very reasonably priced and I’ve enjoyed many good meals of a variety at both ?

• Thanks 1