IGNORED

Bristol's best restaurants?

CyderInACan

17 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Went to Radius @ Pasture on the weekend 

In terms of value it's right up there for me, sometimes you can leave these tasting menus hungrier then when you went in, this certainly wasn't the case here , infact only gripe would be it was too much food 

service was absolutely spot on, would highly recommend 

Yeah well keen for that. I'm being taken to Pasture on Friday by some clients, can't wait. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah well keen for that. I'm being taken to Pasture on Friday by some clients, can't wait. 

It's over rated (in my view) had better steak, service and ambiance in other steak restaurants in and out of Bristol

Grossly overpriced for what you get

Having said that, hope you enjoy your meal

17 minutes ago, frenchred said:

It's over rated (in my view) had better steak, service and ambiance in other steak restaurants in and out of Bristol

Grossly overpriced for what you get

Having said that, hope you enjoy your meal

Fair enough, though think you're out on your own with that view - it certainly isn't grossly overpriced, or overpriced at all in comparison to competitors. 

Last time I went I thought it was comfortably Michelin * quality. It wasn't even just the steak, the cured trout starter and chocolate bomb dessert were exquisite. 

Out of interest which are better? I've been Cow & Sow, Ox, and Mugshot off the top of my head, and none are better. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fair enough, though think you're out on your own with that view - it certainly isn't grossly overpriced, or overpriced at all in comparison to competitors. 

Last time I went I thought it was comfortably Michelin * quality. It wasn't even just the steak, the cured trout starter and chocolate bomb dessert were exquisite. 

Out of interest which are better? I've been Cow & Sow, Ox, and Mugshot off the top of my head, and none are better. 

Fair enough mate, guess it's all down to personal taste

I've been to cow and sow and Buenesada recently and I thought both were better, in terms of food and value ( maybe it's just me though!)

Edited by frenchred

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Myself and a few mates are going to the Maflower Chinese restaurant near the Bear Pit in a couple of weeks. I’ve heard various different reviews - has anyone been there?

If it's the one I am thinking of, close to the bus station, I went there two or three years ago.

It looks pretty uninspiring from the outside, and inside was not much better to be honest, but the food was very good indeed and very reasonably priced.

In addition, there were quite a few Chinese people eating there, which is usually a good sign.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

If it's the one I am thinking of, close to the bus station, I went there two or three years ago.

It looks pretty uninspiring from the outside, and inside was not much better to be honest, but the food was very good indeed and very reasonably priced.

In addition, there were quite a few Chinese people eating there, which is usually a good sign.

Yeah, I’ve seen it from outside with the shutters down, not inspiring as you say but reviews have been pretty good regarding the food.

I doubt any of us would too bothered about the decor tho.

It’ll be an interesting evening whatever.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2023 at 21:45, Kid in the Riot said:

Outstanding again. 

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Myself and a few mates are going to the Maflower Chinese restaurant near the Bear Pit in a couple of weeks. I’ve heard various different reviews - has anyone been there?

Yeah, it's really good. I'm not a fan of Chinese food but this place is very decent. 

20231201_151450.jpg

21 hours ago, Robbored said:

A good friend of mine, who's a proper foodie, considers it the best Chinese in Bristol for it's food. 

He's not short of a bob or two, will spend a fortune at ' classy' restaurants etc...but he goes for the food on offer. 

Like you say uninspiring inside and out. But food is great and lots of Chinese travel to eat there. 

Every time he's recommended, I've never been disappointed. Enjoy 👍

• Thanks 1

On 01/12/2023 at 23:49, Kid in the Riot said:

Outstanding again. 

Yeah, it's really good. I'm not a fan of Chinese food but this place is very decent. 

20231201_151450.jpg

Pasture just have it spot on. The atmosphere and service you get as soon as you walk in just sets it up for a great evening. 
I went to a similar place in London but it just wasn’t the same.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2023 at 13:47, nebristolred said:

Anyone here been to KIBOU? I've heard great things, quite looking forward to trying it out.

Yes been a few times, would honestly say it’s the best sushi I’ve had outside of Japan. 

On 01/12/2023 at 08:50, spudski said:

Looks like Mowgli in Bristol is now open. Looks stunning. 

Walked past it last week, looks really impressive and a massively welcome addition to Bristol. Go to the one on Charlotte St a fair bit as I work on the corner of TCR, excited to have one far closer to home now!

• Like 2

On 21/11/2023 at 19:30, Kid in the Riot said:

Still mourning the passing of Rosemarino which did the best breakfasts in the city. 

Good luck to them though, bit of a tricky location off the beaten track.

It did do a very good breakfast until the original owners sold it on. I went there last Mother’s Day and it was both overpriced and crap.

On 01/12/2023 at 23:49, Kid in the Riot said:

Outstanding again. 

20231201_151450.jpg

Christmas menu Porterhouse?

Had the same just this week.

Excellent as always.

I am probably into double-figures on Pasture visits. Nothing beats it.

The Sunday roast at Pasture is highly recommended.

Remarkable places to Eat, the Christmas, Bristol episode was on tv last night. Can be found on the iplayer. This was the episode that helped make littleFrench nearly impossible to get into on a weekend 

Fred Siriex and Michel Roux waxed lyrical about it. Never heard of aligot before watching that but have had it a few times in there and it’s fantastic. As is their chocolate mouse 

• Like 2