IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

28 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I haven`t looked at the traffic news but I assume there is gridlock in North Bristol with the hordes heading for the big game v Cambridge tonight?

You would have thought so but I have just checked and it is Front Crawl Improvers Course on Tuesdays at Portishead open air pool so that is likely to attract a large % of their usual loyal followers. Unlucky to have a clash with something that big.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

6526, **** me.

Not so much a crowd, more an audience.

It must hurt to pay stewards and ground staff the minimum wages when you get crowds that low.

Might be some Job lots of Fanta on Marketplace place tomorrow…….as the club try and return them 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Last night there was a very good documentary on TV about Pompeii on that my wife was watching. It talked about volcanoes and pyroclactic fumes. The only large amounts of gas seen last night.

Ah it all makes sense.

The poor sods heard that the ‘gas are on the tv’ so stayed at home instead of going!

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

6526, **** me.

Yet they all still think they ‘nearly’ sell out every game 😂
End of season dead rubber is the excuse today. Add it to the lengthy list of Gas excuses along with Champions League on the box, a bit of rain and Halloween.

if they play on the streets we’d watch them from the pavement…as long as it’s not an end of season game with nothing riding on it….you ******* SHITHEAD”

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Last night there was a very good documentary on TV about Pompeii on that my wife was watching. It talked about volcanoes and pyroclactic fumes. The only large amounts of gas seen last night.

Ironic, isn't it , a long dead civilisation covered in solidified lava STILL managed to get promoted last night before the Gash !

• Haha 3

FORMER BRISTOL CITY PLAYER PROMOTION NEWS:-

Marlon Pack, League One Champion with Portsmouth

Aden Flint, League Two promotion with Mansfield Town

Chris Martin, League O-oh, never mind, my mistake, sorry.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Ironic, isn't it , a long dead civilisation covered in solidified lava STILL managed to get promoted last night before the Gash !

Perhaps, in 2000 years time, archeologists will be picking over old ground in north Bristol.

Their digs will discover a mix of clues causing some confusion around the date ranges. There will be pillars discovered that don't fit the building design of the time, burnt pasties even though there was no volcano and seats that show no sign of wear and tear.

On the plus side, despite this they will find a highly developed pitch irrigation system and a trophy cupboard with a non league cup in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

It must hurt to pay stewards and ground staff the minimum wages when you get crowds that low.

Might be some Job lots of Fanta on Marketplace place tomorrow…….as the club try and return them 😂

rare 2022 edition cans. (and contents)

Apparently 272 Cambridge fans there last night , doing a bit of charity work by bumping the faithful and true(ly awful ) crowd up . 

6526 - 272 = they need a 20,000 all seater stadium really soon :blush2:

Just as well everyone counts the STH not there. 

37 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I read somewhere that the average number of bums on seats is 20% lower than the number of tickets sold.  6,526 minus 20% = 5,220.

Surely they have more bums than that.

They’ve got loads more bums than that. It’s just that they don’t go and watch them!!

• Haha 1

On 16/04/2024 at 20:26, GrahamC said:

6526, **** me.

People saying it was less as like us they count non season ticket holders massive gaps in the loyal Thatchers end too. 

could fit last nights entire crowd in lower Lansdown. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, 22A said:

OK folks, a neutral has answered our eternal question.

Was it ever a question?

Some of the comments are funny, going on about 1982, which in reality is more embarrassing for them, as we’ve achieved more in 42 years than they have in all their years, even the years as a non league club. 

Also, I saw a few times this season, on Twitter, that their home games are near sell outs? Have they reduced their capacity? Because not one game has been close 🤣