IGNORED

Birmingham away

mightyreds89

I am all for taking the proverbial out of posters when they have had a ‘mare’, provided they can take it.

I think of posters such as @Robbored, for instance, who is constantly the subject of ridicule, scorn, sometimes outright abuse, but he has demonstrated he is thick skinned and can take all that is thrown at him, and then some, and still give it back - fair play to him, I say, and long may it continue.

There are some (nameless) posters who set themselves up on a pedestal and are fair game.

I am one of the biggest culprits for making sarcastic comments at ‘silly’ spelling or grammatical mistakes, but I recognise also that some on this forum are dyslexic, may not be too proficient in the English language or may not even have English as a first language.

There would be nothing funny, big or clever in seeking a cheap laugh at their expense, so, obviously, I refrain.

Which brings me to @Logical-City, with whom I have had run ins previously.

Now, I don’t know him from Adam, and he has obviously had a ‘mare’ on this subject, but perhaps, for whatever reason it was, he genuinely missed out on getting his Birmingham (and Bournemouth) tickets and is just naturally cheesed off.

I, like many on here, am reasonably computer literate and am able to have access to a computer (or phone) during normal working hours.

It may be that our poster does not feel comfortable making online purchases, perhaps he doesn’t even have a credit card.

Re. ten minutes on line, I should imagine people who work in, e.g. Amazon, would find it very difficult and, strange though it may seem, may find it easier and more convenient to take a few (poorly paid) hours off work to queue for tickets and pay in cash.

Anyway, I have said quite enough, but perhaps we could all recognise that, in some cases, what we might consider an insignificant task is, for some, an almost insurmountable difficulty.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am all for taking the proverbial out of posters when they have had a ‘mare’, provided they can take it.

I think of posters such as @Robbored, for instance, who is constantly the subject of ridicule, scorn, sometimes outright abuse, but he has demonstrated he is thick skinned and can take all that is thrown at him, and then some, and still give it back - fair play to him, I say, and long may it continue.

There are some (nameless) posters who set themselves up on a pedestal and are fair game.

Phil - I have the skin of a rhino - nothing, and I mean nothing ever bothers me. Personal jibes or insults aimed at me are water of a ducks back.

Those that slag me off really are wasting their time…………:dunno:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Bring the kids and they could do the same. No one else would get a look in.

I think the idea would be that those queueing would not be allowed phone access , 

Just to make it fair

It would need some security / frisking , but I think it’s a valid idea

* Or via online you could allocate somebody a queue number for the physical queue ??

22 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am one of the biggest culprits for making sarcastic comments at ‘silly’ spelling or grammatical mistakes, but I recognise also that some on this forum are dyslexic, may not be too proficient in the English language or may not even have English as a first language.

There would be nothing funny, big or clever in seeking a cheap laugh at their expense, so, obviously, I refrain.

Which brings me to @Logical-City, with whom I have had run ins previously.

Now, I don’t know him from Adam, and he has obviously had a ‘mare’ on this subject, but perhaps, for whatever reason it was, he genuinely missed out on getting his Birmingham (and Bournemouth) tickets and is just naturally cheesed off.

I, like many on here, am reasonably computer literate and am able to have access to a computer (or phone) during normal working hours.

It may be that our poster does not feel comfortable making online purchases, perhaps he doesn’t even have a credit card.

Re. ten minutes on line, I should imagine people who work in, e.g. Amazon, would find it very difficult and, strange though it may seem, may find it easier and more convenient to take a few (poorly paid) hours off work to queue for tickets and pay in cash.

Anyway, I have said quite enough, but perhaps we could all recognise that, in some cases, what we might consider an insignificant task is, for some, an almost insurmountable difficulty.

Surely it only takes that long if you are on some kind of dial up system. For most it cant take more than 2 minutes max.

On 22/09/2022 at 18:24, Stockwood gate said:

As a RMT member and a Bristol City fan and got tickets for Birmingham away as well , we have had a message that the RMT and the government have finally met , and talks were positive more talks planned so hopefully might get sorted 

Any news on this? 

3 hours ago, Stockwood gate said:

They are running trains on SATURDAY the 8th from Bristol to Birmingham ever hour with a S..b army work force, but last train back looks like 16:30 

Any idea when this will be officially confirmed?

Will be better than nothing - National Express back to Bristol if true 

Edited by Loosey Boy

Got a lift sorted with a mate, thank goodness but looking forward to it, the first away game ive managed to get to this season. These train strikes starting to get on my nerves. Ever seen minimum wage NHS workers striking, or vital carers? Poxy train drivers wanting more money for sitting on their arse all day moving a stick and pressing a button. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Got a lift sorted with a mate, thank goodness but looking forward to it, the first away game ive managed to get to this season. These train strikes starting to get on my nerves. Ever seen minimum wage NHS workers striking, or vital carers? Poxy train drivers wanting more money for sitting on their arse all day moving a stick and pressing a button. 

Absolutely clueless, poxy train drivers?? 
it’s a huge responsibility to drive a train with up to 1200 people on board for the average journey to London from Bristol. Sitting on their arse all day?‍♂️? Love to see you try it. 

Regarding the NHS workers, they are going to be balloted very soon for the disgraceful 1% pay offer. So yes they will be striking! I support them all day long.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Poxy train drivers wanting more money for sitting on their arse all day moving a stick and pressing a button. 

I imagine you think Surgeons just “cut people up all day” and Pilots “twiddle knobs and go to sleep”.

Its so pathetic… 

What ‘poxy’ job do you do for a living that’s so responsible? 

Good luck to all the workers out there with the balls to stand up and fight for a fair deal after years of no pay rise…especially now during these difficult times for everyone. 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 14
  • Flames 3

8 hours ago, Spoons said:

Absolutely clueless, poxy train drivers?? 
it’s a huge responsibility to drive a train with up to 1200 people on board for the average journey to London from Bristol. Sitting on their arse all day?‍♂️? Love to see you try it. 

Regarding the NHS workers, they are going to be balloted very soon for the disgraceful 1% pay offer. So yes they will be striking! I support them all day long.

My wife has been a nurse and a proud member of the RCN  for nearly 40 years but like many nurses will never strike and the government know this

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I imagine you think Surgeons just “cut people up all day” and Pilots “twiddle knobs and go to sleep”.

Its so pathetic… 

What ‘poxy’ job do you do for a living that’s so responsible? 

Good luck to all the workers out there with the balls to stand up and fight for a fair deal after years of no pay rise…especially now during these difficult times for everyone. 

NHS workers deserve a pay rise but come off it, your now making me believe that train drivers are the saving grace of this country and deserve millions for it, while fu**ing up half the populations weekend while at it. Pathetic 

26 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

NHS workers deserve a pay rise but come off it, your now making me believe that train drivers are the saving grace of this country and deserve millions for it, while fu**ing up half the populations weekend while at it. Pathetic 

ALL workers deserve a pay rise. Companies are making massive profits whilst huge numbers of people in this country are struggling financially, do you not understand that?  Have you not noticed the price of everything going through the roof?

I’ve got massive respect for all the people who are making a stand which, by the way, is not just the Train Drivers you seem to despise so much. 

• Like 12
  • Flames 1

On 28/09/2022 at 19:46, Logical-City said:

Ridiculous 

10 am on a Weds who has the time ? 
20 minutes ?‍♂️ Are we playing Barcelona or is there a team effort mop up leaving some supporters with 0 chance ?

This method of selling tickets is flawed, unfair and dare I say illogical ?

How about selling half online and half on the phone/ at the ground ? That’s fair. 3 tickets per supporter

Rather than one fan or their kids with access to multiple City fans Bristol sports accounts with spare time at 10am buying the tickets in 20 minutes ?‍♂️ That’s happening I’m very sure

You have to be on a wind up?