IGNORED

County Cricket 2023 Season

phantom

I’m getting a little concerned about Tom Abell’s batting, one very nice hundred this season but in his other 15 innings in the championship just two fifties and a string of very low scores. 

In this season’s successful T20 Blast, 16 innings and no half centuries.

I’m a massive fan and have enjoyed watching him hit beautiful centuries in both formats but there’s got to be something amiss with his technique for such a talent to be returning such disappointing figures in what should be his prime.

Hope he can sort it out soon as he’s a treat to watch when on form, I’m sure he will.

22 hours ago, phantom said:

I see the merchants of doom are here already :laugh:

Let's see what Surrey post before panicking 

Sadly, what they're doing us more than doubling Somerset's score. Just pray we can somehow rescue a draw against a Surrey side which is head and shoulders above any other side in the County Championship this season. 

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

With Aldridge injured and Green supposedly about to be stolen by the KP Snacks bullshit, Somerset are down to 11 fit senior players for the One Day Cup.

**** the ECB.

It’s such a shame we’ll never get to see that record breaking T20 team play 50 over cricket. The form of cricket we’re world champions in.

Never mind, all the youngsters can spend their summer holidays watching the second eleven. A million miles from what I watched in my summer holidays, the times that got me into cricket forever.

• Like 2

Just now, ralphindevon said:

It’s such a shame we’ll never get to see that record breaking T20 team play 50 over cricket. The form of cricket we’re world champions in.

Never mind, all the youngsters can spend their summer holidays watching the second eleven. A million miles from what I watched in my summer holidays, the times that got me into cricket forever.

I sometimes manage to convince myself that watching the young lads will be fun and some stress free cricket to watch and just enjoy the day, but that’s just nonsense isn’t it.

It was genuinely quite sad watching the game against Sussex last season, a team containing numerous teenagers, two non contract players and a loanee from Gloucestershire, signed purely to make up the numbers, getting absolutely hammered in front of a really decent Friday night crowd.

How on earth can a professional sports club be put in this position by the national governing body of the sport. It’s an absolute disgrace.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I sometimes manage to convince myself that watching the young lads will be fun and some stress free cricket to watch and just enjoy the day, but that’s just nonsense isn’t it.

It was genuinely quite sad watching the game against Sussex last season, a team containing numerous teenagers, two non contract players and a loanee from Gloucestershire, signed purely to make up the numbers, getting absolutely hammered in front of a really decent Friday night crowd.

How on earth can a professional sports club be put in this position by the national governing body of the sport. It’s an absolute disgrace.

After this match v Surrey we’ve got 4 (FOUR) days cricket, in which we’ll be minus 11 first team players, in the next 7.5 summer holiday weeks.

How the hell is that getting youngsters interested in cricket??? 

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Glos might have a chance in the one dayers as no one seems to want our "best" players for the ****** 100.      We are the fat kids getting picked last for playground footie ! ?

It worked for Glamorgan a couple of years ago, they were able to keep their best side together while everyone else lost players and they ended up winning it.

I see that Yorkshire have been deducted points as part of the racism scandal which dumps them at the bottom of division two. This would have had some meaning if they were to be relegated from division one but otherwise nothing else will happen. They're not going to be replaced by a minor counties side and I'm fairly certain that Headingley will still be acceptable as an international ground!

3 hours ago, Midred said:

I see that Yorkshire have been deducted points as part of the racism scandal which dumps them at the bottom of division two. This would have had some meaning if they were to be relegated from division one but otherwise nothing else will happen. They're not going to be replaced by a minor counties side and I'm fairly certain that Headingley will still be acceptable as an international ground!

They'll probably have made more profit from the Headingly test match than the fine they received, they're no worse off. 

A ban on Headingly as an international venue for x years would have been more appropriate.

10 hours ago, Lrrr said:

They'll probably have made more profit from the Headingly test match than the fine they received, they're no worse off. 

A ban on Headingly as an international venue for x years would have been more appropriate.

They had a ban for a few months last winter! ?