IGNORED

County Cricket 2023 Season

phantom

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Sounds like a good time to remind everyone how **** the hundred is. 

Yeah I really try and get into the - this is great for the youngsters to get there chance- but it’s just shit and pretty meaningless really.

Heads have certainly dropped in the Somerset bowling attack and some of the bowling has been dreadful. So I’m not sure what that’s doing for their development, maybe they’ll learn something from this but I don’t know.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Game over when James Rew got out I think.

Yeah it’s tough on him to keep for 50 overs then ask him to get yet another ton.

I’m pretty sure he would prefer to bat first, he’s spent a lot of time in the middle this summer and still only 19.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Yeah it’s tough on him to keep for 50 overs then ask him to get yet another ton.

I’m pretty sure he would prefer to bat first, he’s spent a lot of time in the middle this summer and still only 19.

Looks like Sean Dickson has taken on the responsibility. Pleased for Andy Umeed getting some runs too.

• Like 1

Well I’m glad we got well over 300, we were never likely to chase that down with this line up but we could have easily got out for a hundred odd.

Not a huge amount we could have done with Shaw in that mood but I did feel some of the bowlers heads dropped and they served up some rubbish, so that’ll be today’s lesson, keep plugging away and you never know. 

On 09/08/2023 at 13:45, phantom said:

Ironically the poorer squads probably benefit more in this tournament for not losing so many players

Assume that is why Gastershire were flirting around the top end of the table for a while ?  ?

Glous not flirting, consistently crap, odd result now and again but crap mostly, like a poor chat up line

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bearded_red said:

It probably happened in this competition last year, but have Somerset (or any county) ever had to put out a team with five teenagers in it?

Josh Thomas, Alfie Ogborne, James Rew, Sonny Baker, Jack Harding are 5 I can think of that all played in last years one day cup.

I’ve probably missed someone out and not sure if they ever all played in the same match.

For the Gloucestershire fans who are thinking Somerset’s bowling attack minus their Hundred players is rubbish….

Our bowling attack minus them would include, Josh Davey, Sonny Baker, Alfie Ogborne, Jack Brooks and Jack Leach. All injured.

This is our 3rd/youth team attack. 

9 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

For the Gloucestershire fans who are thinking Somerset’s bowling attack minus their Hundred players is rubbish….

Our bowling attack minus them would include, Josh Davey, Sonny Baker, Alfie Ogborne, Jack Brooks and Jack Leach. All injured.

This is our 3rd/youth team attack. 

Aldridge as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

455 to win. We’ll knock them off with overs to spare.

Seriously, this just isn’t fair on the young bowlers. Hope this is the last year we have to watch this farce.

Well played to the Sag head Bracey though.

Who’s the Bowler Thomas? Everyone getting completed carted to all parts, he goes for 6 an over and doesn’t get his full allocation. Crazy stuff. 

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Excuses, excuses. 

To concede a double ton to an Indian international is understandable, to a reasonable county player perhaps forgiveable, but to Bobby Bracey? Wow. ?

Bracey is clearly a good county player isn’t he.

They’ve got 11 bowlers missing, James Bracey being too good for a bunch of teenagers isn’t exactly a surprise.