IGNORED

County Cricket 2023 Season

phantom

9 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Who’s the Bowler Thomas? Everyone getting completed carted to all parts, he goes for 6 an over and doesn’t get his full allocation. Crazy stuff. 

To be fair that’s a very Somerset thing to do, maybe it’s his turn to escape the misery of getting clattered in the later stages, I don’t know.

He’s an 18 year old Kings College student

4 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Bracey is clearly a good county player isn’t he.

They’ve got 11 bowlers missing, James Bracey being too good for a bunch of teenagers isn’t exactly a surprise.

It was tongue in cheek really. But to answer your question, he can’t buy runs this season. I imagine his average this season is the same as Rew’s minus 80. 

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

To be fair that’s a very Somerset thing to do, maybe it’s his turn to escape the misery of getting clattered in the later stages, I don’t know.

He’s an 18 year old Kings College student

Nothing more depressing than being absolutely smashed all over the place by people leagues above you. I’ve been there and done it. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

It was tongue in cheek really. But to answer your question, he can’t buy runs this season. I imagine his average this season is the same as Rew’s minus 80. 

He may not be able to buy a run, but the last three double hundreds in this competition are all against Somerset.

At the end of today they will have won 2 out of their last 18 games in this tournament, it really isn’t any surprise when they get hammered.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Nothing more depressing than being absolutely smashed all over the place by people leagues above you. I’ve been there and done it. 

I think it’s great blooding a youngster in a competition like this as long as your surrounded by Craig Overton and Josh Davey or whoever.

This is bordering on cruel and could knock their confidence for good

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

I think it’s great blooding a youngster in a competition like this as long as your surrounded by Craig Overton and Josh Davey or whoever.

This is bordering on cruel and could knock their confidence for good

I think what annoys me the most is that the bbc cricket page has absolutely no mentioned of the ODC… every article is about the cuntdred. Absolute nonsense. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

Just now, ralphindevon said:

To add to the annoyance of it all, we wouldn’t be a bit better if we had our full team, we’d be favourites to win it like we did the last time everyone was allowed to play in 2019.

Well just for you’ll have to put up with being the second best team in the West Country. ? 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I think what annoys me the most is that the bbc cricket page has absolutely no mentioned of the ODC… every article is about the cuntdred. Absolute nonsense. 

What I've also noted on the BBC cricket site.........................there are no comments availability on anything Hundred !           I wonder why that could possibly be ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lager loud said:

Agreed. As a Glos fan who was there today…I hate The Hundred.

I’m fully aware that any Somerset fan is going to be accused of being bitter for making the obvious points in relation to todays result, but genuinely I don’t want to take anything away from Bracey or Gloucestershire (same as Shaw and Northants in the week), they played great, we got battered and Gloucestershire have a side which should be aiming to win this competition. But there is an elephant in the room that so many people choose to ignore. This isn’t a Somerset point, this comes from a place of loving county cricket.

I’ve seen Somerset get well beaten in white ball cricket at Nevil Road plenty of times, it’s nothing new. One of my earliest sporting memories is us losing at Lords to Gloucestershire.. in the early days of T20 I remember Gloucestershire giving us an absolute hiding at Taunton thanks to a masterclass from the genius that was Ian Harvey. It’s fine, if you grow up supporting Somerset and City you can cope with your team losing!

But today, and all of the results in the last three years of this competition, is different. I’m not even disappointed, just resigned, every August (as long as we’re a decent T20 team) we’ll just about find an eleven to fulfil the fixtures and send a team of kids out to get beaten. 

If you wanted to be harsh, it barely even qualifies as professional sport.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bearded_red said:

You can hate the hundred, or you can laugh at this Somerset team.

It can’t actually be both.

Is there a cricket fan who doesn’t hate the hundred?

Forming teams where no one knows who to support is one of the most ridiculous ideas there’s ever been in sport, let alone cricket. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

On 13/08/2023 at 13:23, ralphindevon said:

For the Gloucestershire fans who are thinking Somerset’s bowling attack minus their Hundred players is rubbish….

Our bowling attack minus them would include, Josh Davey, Sonny Baker, Alfie Ogborne, Jack Brooks and Jack Leach. All injured.

This is our 3rd/youth team attack. 

It looked like it.  That tall left armer looked so out of depth it was painful. Just serving up a load of pies to get spanked all over the place 

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

It looked like it.  That tall left armer looked so out of depth it was painful. Just serving up a load of pies to get spanked all over the place 

He's a 17 year old college boy. Fine to give a game to when surrounded by experience and quality, not so much in that circumstance.

Hope his enthusiasm hasn't completely disappeared after that