IGNORED

Ross McCrorie signed - Confirmed

AshtonRobin21

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

So a defender. Strong, athletic, good concentration and ‘Ave it distribution. A destroyer as we used to say. 

That was my only concern when I read comments elsewhere and on the Scouting report...quote...

On these occasions, his runs were always extremely powerful but the problem with him is his final ball. He doesn’t really possess a final ball, there was a couple of times where he crossed the ball out of play or had a weak shot from outside the box. Even when he is playing long balls from the defence, they’re more hopeful than accurate.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

That was my only concern when I read comments elsewhere and on the Scouting report...quote...

On these occasions, his runs were always extremely powerful but the problem with him is his final ball. He doesn’t really possess a final ball, there was a couple of times where he crossed the ball out of play or had a weak shot from outside the box. Even when he is playing long balls from the defence, they’re more hopeful than accurate.

Sounds like he will fit in with our current squad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Hmmm mixed reviews on him and I'm not sure the standard in Scotland is much to go by. I still have bad memories of the numerous Scottish signings in the early 2010s turning out to be awful.

Guess we'd have to wait and see

Scottish football has improved imho over the fast 4-5 seasons.

PL - Robertson, McGinn, McKenna, Christie, Armstrong, Tierney, etc

Champ - Souttar, Dykes, Stewart, Hedges, Campbell, Porteous, McLean, etc

all came down from Scotland over a period.

There are good players up there, they’ve taken advantage of Work Permit rules too, to allow them to strengthen with players who wouldn’t pass the English FA WP rules.

I honestly can’t say how good McCrorie is though, just seen a small number of snippets.

Would much prefer to see him play as a DM/CM next to James providing the energy - similar way we use Williams but with less injuries hopefully.

Was on the Aberdeen forum last night and not many seemed to rate him but a lot of it is because he went to watch Rangers in the Europa League final last year in Seville. He came through the academy at Rangers so maybe he's a fan but also his brother was on the bench. Some of them even wanted his contract torn up after that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WRERE said:

Would much prefer to see him play as a DM/CM next to James providing the energy - similar way we use Williams but with less injuries hopefully.

Was on the Aberdeen forum last night and not many seemed to rate him but a lot of it is because he went to watch Rangers in the Europa League final last year in Seville. He came through the academy at Rangers so maybe he's a fan but also his brother was on the bench. Some of them even wanted his contract torn up after that.

God, forums are the same all over aren’t they.

1 hour ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

A player who can pay RB, RWB, CB but seems like his best position is as a midfielder. 

Think we need a bit more drive, strength and energy in midfield too especially if Scott is moving on. 

We need versatile players if we are going to continue with a smaller squad. 

Indeed…and I think we need to stop thinking about “replacing Alex Scott”, at least trying to replace him like for like.  There is no other Alex Scott out there, but there might be a good player who suits how we play next season perfectly.

8 minutes ago, glynriley said:

? What's The Story Ross McCrorie...

morning-glory-new.thumb.jpg.a5255de3b3b0d1f296b622ccbc10360f.jpg

A song pre-signing….always a good sign ???

Surely….

Edited by Davefevs

7 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I have better faith in our recruitment than I have done previously. If Tinnion and the team think he can do a job then that’s good enough for me. Regardless of where he comes from. 

Harry Cornick?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

56 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Not overly complimentary about life in Aberdeen!!

The only thing I can see that he said he didn't like was the food. 

The rest was just observations and personal preferences. 

Going from Portugal to Northern Scotland would be a culture shock.