IGNORED

Ross McCrorie signed - Confirmed

AshtonRobin21

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I've never seen him play, but then I guarantee the people complaining about the fee and the standard of Scottish football haven't either.

The huge majority certainly, then after he's been given his first 20 minutes of game time he can written off as a waste of money and the recruitment team haven't got a clue - by the same majority.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

18 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

We have been crying out for a defensive midfielder for ages. I think this kind of player will get the best out of many of our players, for example someone who can cover or switch with Naismith as he brings the ball out of defence.

His versatility will also be a major bonus with us operating a smaller squad.

We've never replaced Paul Hartley. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is he a centre back or a defensive midfielder- or both.

Thinking if he is right footed and a CB could it be a sign that Kalas is definitely off.

I am hoping it is a view to midfield but think fee suggests CB? CBs tend to fetch higher fees imo than holding midfielders. 

Also, I like versatility but I hope we have a position in mind. We have seen it with Vyner I think. His versatility stagnated his growth a bit imo. He started off at rb for us in some games early on. Plymouth was stellar at CB. Rotherham back to RB. Then a year pretty much in midfield. Then right of a 3 and now settling in a pair. I mean you can argue all that has made him better too but I do think consistency in one spot has helped him an awful lot this season. So I keep that in mind with versatile players. Yes is nice but if a vital part of a team rather someone stay in their position and sort out the problem another way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is he a centre back or a defensive midfielder- or both.

Thinking if he is right footed and a CB could it be a sign that Kalas is definitely off.

He is someone who can play CB, DM, RB, RWB….he’s versatile.

His footedness shouldn’t necessarily be seen as a sign about the status of another player.  For info, he played LCB2 in the game I watched the other night versus Celtic.

• Thanks 1