IGNORED

The Injured List

BCFCGav

Disappointing and pretty poor. Tough game on Tuesday, let’s ave it.

Injured:

Naismith

Wilson

James

Benarous

Building fitness: 

Bajic

A very welcome return from Kalas. A few players in the wars today but I think they’re all ok. Tanner missed out on the 18, hoping that’s just competition.

Injured:

Naismith

Wilson

Benarous

Building fitness: 

Bajic

Well that was awesome. Throughly professional in defence, can barely believe I’m writing those words! We really missed Matty James didn’t we, but he’s back!

No Pring in the 18 is something to keep an eye on, as is Semenyo’s knock but optimistic both are fine.

COYR, Forza Big Nige ?⚪

• Thanks 1

Really quite upset with the players after yesterday. A win would’ve had us bothering the play-offs, which makes the disinterest all the stranger. I’d make a compilation of all the 50-50 balls we completely bottled but It’d just make me sad!

Injured:

Naismith

Wilson

Benarous

Building fitness: 

Bajic

Kalas absent, we’ll keep an eye. Think all players came through yesterday unscathed. No shock, they didn’t challenge for anything! Ugh. Onto Swansea. COYR.

3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Really quite upset with the players after yesterday. A win would’ve had us bothering the play-offs, which makes the disinterest all the stranger. I’d make a compilation of all the 50-50 balls we completely bottled but It’d just make me sad!

Injured:

Naismith

Wilson

Benarous

Building fitness: 

Bajic

Kalas absent, we’ll keep an eye. Think all players came through yesterday unscathed. No shock, they didn’t challenge for anything! Ugh. Onto Swansea. COYR.

One fan suggested Weimann was limping.

According to Nige, Kalas had a tight calf and they decided (as a precaution) not to include him.  Sensible, having just come back. 

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

One fan suggested Weimann was limping.

According to Nige, Kalas had a tight calf and they decided (as a precaution) not to include him.  Sensible, having just come back. 

Ah ok, well hopefully nothing serious for Andi. He may be out of form but we’ll need him soon. Smart re Kalas. Swansea team could be interesting, surely Naismith will be in contention for the bench at least. 

• Like 1

On 23/10/2022 at 16:46, BCFCGav said:

Ah ok, well hopefully nothing serious for Andi. He may be out of form but we’ll need him soon. Smart re Kalas. Swansea team could be interesting, surely Naismith will be in contention for the bench at least. 

You’d hope so. Whilst we have looked a little more solid at the back since his injury, going forward we seem to be more predictable. 

• Like 1

Not a good time for a sickness bug as we begin our last stretch of 5 matches before the WC. Based on the squad, and please help me out if I’ve missed anything: 

Injured:

Naismith

Kalas

Klose - sick?

Wilson

Benarous

Weimann - sick?

Building fitness: 

Bajic

And another. Plague rips through the squad as Atkinson also ruled out before kick off. Thankfully no new injuries on the pitch and a very tidy point! 

Injured:

Naismith

Kalas

Atkinson - sick.

Klose - sick?

Wilson

Benarous

Weimann - sick?

Building fitness: 

Bajic

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

And another. Plague rips through the squad as Atkinson also ruled out before kick off. Thankfully no new injuries on the pitch and a very tidy point! 

Injured:

Naismith

Kalas

Atkinson - sick.

Klose - sick?

Wilson

Benarous

Weimann - sick?

Building fitness: 

Bajic

In tabular view ?

image.thumb.png.36680ea6cfeea1c7244880ce7cc27633.png

• Thanks 1

We were really good tonight, although I do think Sheff U’s style helped us a little. But regardless, we totally outplayed a promotion favourite and were so unlucky, between there offside goal and our Scott/Semenyo/Tanner close misses.

The latter did then nearly kill a man, @Davefevs what’s protocol for a straight red? 3 matches? And can he play Carabao still (next Wednesday)? 

No new injuries, Weimann and Klose recover from flu.

Injured:

Naismith

Kalas

Atkinson - sick.

Wilson

Benarous

Building fitness: 

Bajic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

We were really good tonight, although I do think Sheff U’s style helped us a little. But regardless, we totally outplayed a promotion favourite and were so unlucky, between there offside goal and our Scott/Semenyo/Tanner close misses.

The latter did then nearly kill a man, @Davefevs what’s protocol for a straight red? 3 matches? And can he play Carabao still (next Wednesday)? 

No new injuries, Weimann and Klose recover from flu.

Injured:

Naismith

Kalas

Atkinson - sick.

Wilson

Benarous

Building fitness: 

Bajic

image.thumb.png.37243091f13dbf1d03380032ac6b4902.png
we are also past GW19, so next yellow card suspension is 10 yellows.

image.thumb.png.abde89e56727087e949d92eb94ee56bc.png

only Scott and Williams totting up the yellows!

• Thanks 1

Those two are among the joint leaders for players who have been booked this season.

Are we notably more physical than other sides? Are we less smart, where do we need improvement as cheap yellows really can cost sides. I know it's a central midfielders lot to an extent but...

Although we're apparently only 17th for fouls committed yet it says we are 2nd for bookings (top 4 have 44 apiece) and 3rd for red cards??

Screenshot_20221102-183323_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

James and Bentley get the night off, Bajic, Atkinson, Kadji, Morrison all in the squad (the first three starting). I guess Bajic has built fitness… ?

Injured:

Naismith

Kalas

Wilson

Benarous

With Atkinson back that’s only 4 injured which is really good. Let’s ave these tonight. I’m very early and typing this from a quiet concourse. COYR.

Bajic, Low, Klose, Kadji and Morrison disappear from the squad in the week, Klose the only surprise. A Pearson banishment maybe?

Bentley, James and (now seemingly unbanished) Massengo make the 18. James in from the start. No returns from injury sadly. 

Injured:

Naismith

Kalas

Wilson

Benarous

• Thanks 1

At the WC break here’s a summary of all 24 matches missed (league and cup):

image.thumb.png.e7551ad801c5b0ba73cd6c53905770bb.png

and here’s a summary of yellow cards, next limit is 10 yellows by game 38:

image.thumb.png.0193fc4bb62a2a039bd1753eeb7a19e2.png

I know many will be worried about Scott getting to 10 and another game ban, but that’s the way he plays and a game off at some point would probably happen anyway.

• Thanks 1

No Kalas, Wilson or Benarous in the squad today as expected. Slightly odd though is the lack of Vyner and Dasilva. Klose and Massengo are bombed out but the other two? With Kadji taking a place on the bench I wonder if there’s a sickness bug or something. All speculation for now though. 

Some day of football this. Let’s start strong with 3 big points. COYR. ?⚪

Edited by BCFCGav